Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Fallen London Questions, 07/05/2018 Messages in this topic - RSS

Sir Frederick
Sir Frederick
Administrator

5/8/2018
Here's this week's quick questions thread!

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
0 link
Henricus
Henricus

5/8/2018
Is Time, the Healer, behaving oddly for anyone else? Mine used to come at six o'clock, but this week it came at a quarter past seven. It's been going on for a month or so, now.
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

5/8/2018
If a server problem delays your Time the Healer, it doesn't get fixed once the servers are back up. That's your new time.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+2 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

5/8/2018
Mine has moved about a bit, over the years. It has had the decency to remain on a Monday for the entire time, though.

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
0 link
Henricus
Henricus

5/8/2018
Ah, I see. Thank you. I'll just have to live with it, then.
+1 link
xKiv
xKiv

5/8/2018
Yes, it *will* just keep moving and moving. How much - depends on when it is relative to server problems. It will move differently for different people. I think mine moved more than 10 days already.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
+1 link
Monara
Monara

5/8/2018
This makes me wonder, why isn't it just a fixed time for everyone?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Miranah
0 link
idyl
idyl

5/9/2018
Monara wrote:
This makes me wonder, why isn't it just a fixed time for everyone?

It's based on when the account is created, which is different for everyone.

--
“Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est"
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

5/9/2018
As for why, probably to spread out server load.

And mine's just about wrapped around an entire week. Not quite though.

--
Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
0 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

5/9/2018
I wrote to support the first time this happened to me. TtH had failed to turn up for several days (around the time the mobile version became available). The response was that the creation of new living stories had made the move necessary. Overall, the day has moved by roughly a week over two years.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

5/9/2018
Just one hour forward, a month ago, is probably because the clocks changed from GMT to BST in the UK.

Other times it will be server issues.

--
ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
GuesssWho
GuesssWho

5/9/2018
How often are Ambitions updated? I just ended mine so far.

--
DO you recall how the Hunger began?
I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
FROM past the High Wilderness and beyond
I think I'll go Seeking, for of Him I'm fond.
--The Elfin Cannibal

Bohemian. Revolutionary. Fond of Rubbery Men. Carefully friendly towards He In The Well.
-1 link
dov
dov

5/9/2018
GuesssWho wrote:

Up until now - every few years.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+2 link
Tintinnabulum
Tintinnabulum

5/9/2018
Can you swap out your connected pet anytime you like, or do you need to wait for the current pet's card first for the get-rid-of-it option? I hoping to boost the frequency of a certain favor.
edited by Tintinnabulum on 5/9/2018

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Tintinnabulum
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

5/9/2018
You can only have one connected pet - so you need to wait for your current pet's card.

--
ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
Jaina
Jaina

5/9/2018
Will kickstarter rewards ever become available to players for Fate? i.e., membership of the Temple Club or The Surgeon's Daughter. It's been a number of years since they were given out as kickstarter rewards and it would be cool if they eventually became normal Fate-locked stories.

--
Cair-Var, a power-hungry lover of Devils and Rubberies
Hungry Ego, A morally upstanding citizen
+3 link
GuesssWho
GuesssWho

5/10/2018
dov wrote:
GuesssWho wrote:

Up until now - every few years.

I was afraid of that.

--
DO you recall how the Hunger began?
I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
FROM past the High Wilderness and beyond
I think I'll go Seeking, for of Him I'm fond.
--The Elfin Cannibal

Bohemian. Revolutionary. Fond of Rubbery Men. Carefully friendly towards He In The Well.
0 link
Jamilah S. Wolf
Jamilah S. Wolf

5/10/2018
I'm working on Poet Laureate and grinding up Tribute to unlock all the tigers of the Court. Are there any other new post game opportunities?

--

Jamilah
, a most fascinating Lady of the Neath who finds herself mingling with Society and aligning with Criminals. This Licentiate Extraordinaire would love to align with the Masters, given the chance. A Shattering Force.
Huarwar Ceiswyr, a Welshman and detective born to Seek. He can be a bit skittish, but never turns down a chocolate. (Hiatus)

Open to all actions, delicious friends. PM for hints Enigmatic.

She wishes for nothing more than to be close to the Masters, for who else can unlock the Mysteries of the Neath?
+1 link
trajing
trajing

5/11/2018
I just got back from a break a few months long -- are there better echo-grinding opportunities than the Tribute grind, or has nothing much changed?

--
Adam Sanzelwicky - http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Adam%20Sanzelwicky
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

5/11/2018
Nothing much has changed these few months.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link