Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Fallen London Questions, 16/04/2018 Messages in this topic - RSS

Sir Frederick
Sir Frederick
Administrator

4/16/2018
Hi everyone! I'm sleepy. Here's this week's short questions thread!

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
+1 link
Akernis
Akernis

4/16/2018
I have gotten four mood cards in under a week. Does anyone know if they have become more frequent? Or have I merely had an obscene amount of luck in drawing them?
edited by Akernis on 4/16/2018

--
Vena's profile - http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Akernis
+1 link
Barse
Barse

4/16/2018
Akernis wrote:
I have gotten four mood cards in under a week. Does anyone know if they have become more frequent? Or have I merely had an obscene amount of luck in drawing them?

You're just lucky! Keep it quiet, or the RNG will brutally redress the balance. wink

--
The Scorched Sailor, up for most social actions and RP. Not as scary as he looks.
+4 link
Akernis
Akernis

4/16/2018
Barse wrote:

You're just lucky! Keep it quiet, or the RNG will brutally redress the balance. wink

Got it smile

--
Vena's profile - http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Akernis
0 link
curtistruffle
curtistruffle

4/18/2018
Hello friends. Does anyone suffers inaccessibility and unstability of FL today?

--
Johnathan Priest(Nemesis), a Visionary Hunter of horrors both humane and eldritch.
I am a Dangerous patron
Jane Barlowe(Light Fingers), a Notorious Shenanigan and mediocre writer.
Cardinalli Browning(Bag a Legend), a Joyful Adventuress and a fictional character, written by Jane Barlowe.
+1 link
Wojciech
Wojciech

4/18/2018
I do. But I'm from Russia and I thought it might be caused by struggle of our government against Telegram. If someone else experiences that, however, it shouldn't be so

My question: does anyone know, why was Renown built as a standrard quality, with change points, while it would be much more logical to be a one-step - one-level quality, like Terms As Governor etc with each conversion of 7 Favors bringing in 1 level of Renown?
edited by Wojciech on 4/18/2018
+2 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

4/18/2018
I suppose they wanted Renown to get more difficult as the number climbs. It is a little more granular with change points (for some one-shot stories to give them out) than straight levels.

Of course, the downside is that CP is less than easy to check for things you grind slowly.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
+1 link
Wojciech
Wojciech

4/18/2018
You're correct about bigger granularity, but the amount of it feels negligible, frankly.

In total it takes about 43 Favour >> Renown conversions to get to 40 (which is really the maximum level there's any gameplay reason to go to).

I don't think changing from 43 to 40 would create a significant difference, and the system would look slightly more neat.
edited by Wojciech on 4/18/2018
+1 link
curtistruffle
curtistruffle

4/18/2018
Wojciech, me too, poor we.
And about your question: current system makes building Renown more flexible as you may spend less than 7 Favours per action until you are at level 15. Don't know if one would do that, but one may.
edited by curtistruffle on 4/18/2018

--
Johnathan Priest(Nemesis), a Visionary Hunter of horrors both humane and eldritch.
I am a Dangerous patron
Cardinalli Browning(Bag a Legend), a Joyful Adventuress and a fictional character, written by Jane Barlowe.
+2 link
curtistruffle
curtistruffle

4/19/2018
Hello friends! I've joined a Sanguine ribbon activities, and I see people stating they do duels to get on the boat instead of to get said Ribbons. Why would they do that? How such travel may benefit one?

--
I am a Dangerous patron
+1 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

4/19/2018
I can think of at least two reasons. At least one of the faction renown reward items is located on the river the boatman sails on, and one of the paths to becoming a Paramount Presence requires you max out the quality gained by playing chess with the Boatman.

There are probably other reasons I can't immediately call to mind, but those are two reasons I personally have had to go there.

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
+2 link
Kowth
Kowth

4/19/2018
Plynkes wrote:
I can think of at least two reasons. At least one of the faction renown reward items is located on the river the boatman sails on, and one of the paths to becoming a Paramount Presence requires you max out the quality gained by playing chess with the Boatman.

There are probably other reasons I can't immediately call to mind, but those are two reasons I personally have had to go there.

The lore regarding the boatman is also interesting, particularly as regards his agreement with the Revolutionaries. Who IS Charon anyway?
+2 link
Javelin4201
Javelin4201

4/19/2018
If I go to Winking Isle, do my cards go with me? (In particular, I'd love to bring along a little omen and use it at a time of my choosing, rather than cash it in for a disappearing mood right before I go.)
edited by Javelin4201 on 4/19/2018

--
Javelin - aficionado of play, gone North.
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

4/19/2018
Winking Isle has no cards, nore anywhere to hold cards. But your mood will still be there when you return to London.
edited by suinicide on 4/19/2018

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Javelin4201
Javelin4201

4/19/2018
suinicide wrote:
Winking Isle has no cards, nore anywhere to hold cards. But your mood will still be there when you return to London.
edited by suinicide on 4/19/2018

Thank you! Actually, now that I think of it, I'm not sure there are any challenges there where it would help anyway.

--
Javelin - aficionado of play, gone North.
0 link
curtistruffle
curtistruffle

4/19/2018
Thanks Plynkes & Kowth!

--
I am a Dangerous patron
0 link
curtistruffle
curtistruffle

4/20/2018
Hello again. Tell me please what exact is spirifage? Is it a word for any unlicensed soul trade (including, say, early Sunless Sea activities with a Blind Bruiser), or is it points specifically towards spirifiers who extract souls?

[spoiler]I even remember from Trade in Souls that certain spirifiers activity falls under Masters' protection, and C.V.R. is illegal organisation because they cause violation of trade.[/spoiler]
edited by curtistruffle on 4/20/2018
edited by curtistruffle on 4/20/2018

--
I am a Dangerous patron
0 link
Sir Frederick
Sir Frederick
Administrator

4/20/2018
What is a spirifer? wrote:
A spirifer, strictly, is anyone who trades in unlicensed souls. But the word usually means the villains who prey on poverty and desperation, kidnapping children to relieve them of their immortal souls, wheedling them from gin-soaked paupers or snatching them from the mouths of drowned men.

So, yeah, technically, dealing with the Blind Bruiser makes you a spirifer - but most Fallen Londoners, when they use the term, are specifically thinking of those who directly deal in soul-taking.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
+1 link
Anagram
Anagram

4/20/2018
Hey all
I'm currently doing the season of skies expectional stories, and i just considered what i've learned and used the red seal thingy.
now, it seems to have been used. am i locked out of the final, full season reward?
+1 link
suinicide
suinicide

4/20/2018
Barring a bug, you should be able to get to the season conclusion if you play all the stories.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link