Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

March’s Exceptional Story: The Pursuit of Moths Messages in this topic - RSS

Jason5237
Jason5237

4/23/2018
I just finished this story. I brought the Mackintosh to reunite with his daughter, but after hearing the Vandal’s side (and witnessing the Father’s reaction and ultimatum), chose to defend her.

I see that many were disappointed with that outcome. While it was brutal and perhaps initially a shock, it was clear to me that not intervening would mean witnessing a knife fight to the death. So if anyone had wanted to truly save the Vandal, there was only one outcome.

That’s how I saw It, at least.

I will say that I’ve played every ES and haven’t come back to read these story-specific threads until now. The discussion, shared text, and theories expounded here are really invaluable, I think. Helps everyone, no matter what choice was made during the story. It really helps flesh out the lore and understanding of what’s going on in a broader sense! So all in all, great to read.

J-
0 link
dov
dov

5/3/2018
A bit late to the party, but better late than never.

I found this story a bit underwhelming, though the writing was fine (loved the puns), and the characters had potential. What really drew me out of the story was how easily all these characters suddenly trusted me with their secret identities/agendas (which are life and death revelations for them).

The setup was fine, but I would have like it much better had the story built upon the whole "secret agenda" thing, by giving us ways to play different Society members against each other. As it was, it was too short, and didn't give the more interesting aspects room to grow.

Personal ranking of all Exceptional Stories:
[spoiler]
Excellent:
  • Lost in Reflections
  • Cut with Moonlight
  • Hojotoho!
  • The Frequently Deceased
  • The Waltz that Moved the World
  • Steeped in Honey
  • Flint
  • All Things Must End
  • The Century Exhibition
  • The Twelve-Fifteen From Moloch Street
  • The Persona Engine
  • Where You and I Must Go
  • The Sinking Synod
  • The Attendants

Good:
  • Lamentation Lock
  • The Web of the Motherlings
  • The Pentecost Predicament
  • The Calendar Code
  • The Art of Murder
  • The Chimney Pot Wars
  • The Final Curtain
  • The Heart, the Devil and the Zee
  • Our Lady of Pyres
  • The Clay Man's Arm
  • Five Minutes to Midday
  • Discernment
  • The Haunting at the Marsh House
  • The Pursuit of Moths
  • Factory of Favours

Meh:
  • Trial and Error
  • The Last Dog Society
  • The Seven-Day Reign
  • The Court of Cats

Terrible:
  • The Stone Guest

[/spoiler]

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

5/11/2018
Gotta say I absolutely loved this one, and I don't usually say this about Exceptional Stories. Every choice went my way, too, and the consequences made sense (although reading what the others have stumbled into, I may have been a bit lucky in avoiding unfortunate paths).

That being said, did anyone let the Vandal go without giving up her coat? It seems to be the story's completion marker trinket (which is for once more than a useless trinket!), but she seemed very reluctant to give it up when asked, so I'm really not sure how you would end up with it if you don't press the issue.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link
Rhode Wardwado
Rhode Wardwado

5/11/2018
Dudebro Pyro wrote:
That being said, did anyone let the Vandal go without giving up her coat? It seems to be the story's completion marker trinket (which is for once more than a useless trinket!), but she seemed very reluctant to give it up when asked, so I'm really not sure how you would end up with it if you don't press the issue.

I let her go without asking for her coat. I've got the echo that explains what happened saved here.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rhode%20Wardwado
0 link
Monara
Monara

5/14/2018
I subscribed halfway through the season so I missed this one. How long does it usually take for these stories to be available with Fate?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Miranah
0 link
Jaina
Jaina

5/14/2018
Recently, they've usually been available a few months after. Seems to be around approximately when the third exceptional story after it comes out

--
Cair-Var, a power-hungry lover of Devils and Rubberies
Hungry Ego, A morally upstanding citizen
0 link
kerrowe
kerrowe

6/7/2018
I'm currently lost on what to do next.
I received that letter from the moth chaser people, then went to the library for more info.
Now I cannot seem to locate where I need to go to progress the story.

Can someone please help?

Edit: Veilgarden for progress after.
edited by kerrowe on 6/11/2018

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/kerrowe
0 link