Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Fallen London Questions, 5/2/2018 Messages in this topic - RSS

Harry P.
Harry P.

2/11/2018
Plynkes wrote:
The Maltese Raven wrote:
Where could i purchase a "Iron Republic Safe-Conduct" these days? I could have sworn it was an option on the "Devils" opportunty card.
But i guess Renown: Hell 6 would not be enough for this endeavor anyway? I miss having Connected 50...

It's on the Secrets and Spending card, which you only get when your Counting the Days is high enough. You need 10 Renown Hell, 3 Mark of Credit Pages, a Brass Ring, and you also have to be a POSI.

Edit: Grrr, too slow! smile
edited by Plynkes on 2/11/2018

However, if you meet all the requirements, you can go Chat with the Local Gossip at your Lodgings. There, you will find the option to obtain a Iron Republic Safe-Conduct without having to go through the entirety of the Counting The Days carousel, saving you some time and effort.

--
Harry P.: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/HarryP22h
A Magnanimous Gentleman Author with a tendency for melancholic monologues.
Elizabeth K. Broker: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Elizabeth%20K%20Broker
A Socially-Awkward Dueling Trickster with a thirst for vengeance and a soft spot for urchins.
If you are ever in need of any assistance, do not hesitate to ask either of them. The second one is still finicky, though.
+1 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

2/11/2018
I did not know that. Nice!

Of course, if you're starting from scratch you'll unfortunately have to do Counting the Days to get the Mark of Credit pages (unless there's another way to get those that I don't know about, too). smile

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
0 link
Dima Lazarev
Dima Lazarev

2/12/2018
Did anybody use Fate-locked “Rework the tattoo?” option in the Millicent's Parlour? What exactly does it do?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dima Lazarev
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/12/2018
Dima Lazarev wrote:
Did anybody use Fate-locked “Rework the tattoo?” option in the Millicent's Parlour? What exactly does it do?

Exactly what the game instruction indicate: it will remove all tattoos and allow you to pick new ones. Not that obvious, but I think it allows you to pick tattoos if, at your first Feast, you choose to not get any at all.

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Dima Lazarev
Dima Lazarev

2/12/2018
Skinnyman wrote:
Dima Lazarev wrote:

Exactly what the game instruction indicate: it will remove all tattoos and allow you to pick new ones. Not that obvious, but I think it allows you to pick tattoos if, at your first Feast, you choose to not get any at all.

So, if I have one tattoo at the moment, will it just remove it, so I will have to choose a new one and then wait another year for a second one; or will it actually rework it, so I will be able to choose my second (and third, Gant one) tattoo immediately afterwards?
edited by ropewalker on 2/12/2018

--
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/12/2018
Dima Lazarev wrote:
So, if I have one tattoo at the moment, will it just remove it, so I will have to choose a new one and then wait another year for a second one; or will it actually rework it, so I will be able to choose my second (and third, Gant one) tattoo immediately afterwards?
edited by ropewalker on 2/12/2018

As far as I know it will remove any tattoo and you'll be able to get your first new one. This means that Gant tattoo will be impossible to get this year.

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

2/12/2018
I have heard that removing your tattoos if you have two allows you to get both redone immediately, but take that with a grain of salt.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Dima Lazarev
Dima Lazarev

2/12/2018
Optimatum wrote:
I have heard that removing your tattoos if you have two allows you to get both redone immediately, but take that with a grain of salt.

Oh, this would be awesome. I mailed support asking for clarification, but this is probably against the rules, so I am not sure if they would be willing to help me.

--
0 link
Absalom Agenbite
Absalom Agenbite

2/12/2018
How does one gain the qualities to unlock Millicent's Parlour in the Forgotten Quarter?

--
Absalom Agenbite: The Melancholy Midnighter With The Alliterative Appellation. Available for Orphanages, Extraordinary Mind Patronage, and Enigma Hints, in-character or not.
0 link
dov
dov

2/12/2018
Absalom Agenbite wrote:
How does one gain the qualities to unlock Millicent's Parlour in the Forgotten Quarter?

What's your level of "Entwined in the Intrigues of the Clathermont Family"?
  • If it's below 8, play each storylet in succession at Ladybones Road, starting with "A Meeting with Clathermont" (assuming you have A Name in Seven Secret Alphabets at least 4)
  • If it's at 8 or 9, play the storylet at Ladybones Road ("News at Clathermont's"). (will raise it to 10)
  • If it's at 10, wait for the Lady in Lilac card, and Ask her something different. (will raise it to 15)
  • If it's at 15, meet her at the Panipticon (in Veilgarden). Or betray her to Clathermont at Ladybones Road, but then you'll have to appease her (on her card again) before you can meet her.
  • Once you play out the conversation with her at the Panopticon, you can go to her Tattoo Parlour in the Forgotten Quarter.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Absalom Agenbite
Absalom Agenbite

2/12/2018
dov wrote:
Absalom Agenbite wrote:

What's your level of "Entwined in the Intrigues of the Clathermont Family"?
  • If it's below 8, play each storylet in succession at Ladybones Road, starting with "A Meeting with Clathermont" (assuming you have A Name in Seven Secret Alphabets at least 4)
  • If it's at 8 or 9, play the storylet at Ladybones Road ("News at Clathermont's"). (will raise it to 10)
  • If it's at 10, wait for the Lady in Lilac card, and Ask her something different. (will raise it to 15)
  • If it's at 15, meet her at the Panipticon (in Veilgarden). Or betray her to Clathermont at Ladybones Road, but then you'll have to appease her (on her card again) before you can meet her.
  • Once you play out the conversation with her at the Panopticon, you can go to her Tattoo Parlour in the Forgotten Quarter.

Ah that clears it up, thank you. Seems I'm waiting for her card then.

--
Absalom Agenbite: The Melancholy Midnighter With The Alliterative Appellation. Available for Orphanages, Extraordinary Mind Patronage, and Enigma Hints, in-character or not.
0 link
Bitty
Bitty

2/12/2018
Is there a certain quality I need for the Lady of Lilac card or am I just this unlucky?

--
Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
Aten(Seeker)
Sook(Bag a Legend)

Open to all non-harmful social actions. Not into RP and will respond normally.
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

2/12/2018
Lilac is never here when you need her upset. (Which is to say you're unlucky)

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+1 link
Bitty
Bitty

2/12/2018
suinicide wrote:
Lilac is never here when you need her upset. (Which is to say you're unlucky)

Dang, guess i'm not surprised

--
Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
Aten(Seeker)
Sook(Bag a Legend)

Open to all non-harmful social actions. Not into RP and will respond normally.
0 link
Dima Lazarev
Dima Lazarev

2/13/2018
Dima Lazarev wrote:
Optimatum wrote:

Oh, this would be awesome. I mailed support asking for clarification, but this is probably against the rules, so I am not sure if they would be willing to help me.

Well, I decided to try, and it allowed me to choose both first and second tattoos! So I now have all three, including the private one.

Thanks!

--
+1 link
dov
dov

2/13/2018
Dima Lazarev wrote:
Well, I decided to try, and it allowed me to choose both first and second tattoos! So I now have all three, including the private one.

Wow, that's really interesting. I wonder what quality (or combination of qualities) allows this.

Thanks for doing the experiment!

--
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Dima Lazarev
Dima Lazarev

2/13/2018
dov wrote:
Dima Lazarev wrote:

Wow, that's really interesting. I wonder what quality (or combination of qualities) allows this.

Thanks for doing the experiment!

I wish I recorded everything, but I was too excited. I don’t seem to have A Recent Visit to Millicent's, so this might explain it.

--
0 link