Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Feast of the Exceptional Rose 1896 Messages in this topic - RSS

dov
dov

2/13/2018
dov wrote:
Irym Ydell wrote:
Family & Law: 400
Favouring the Cheery Man
Masquing 40

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot!

If this option is still available to you, can you please confirm the image name used? (Right click -> save image as...)

Also, if you pick up this item (which is not yet in the wiki), can you include the item's description and stats? (Or equip it so we can see it in you profile)

Thanks again!

Though I now wonder: Family and Law 400 means the the Cheery Man has died. But Family and Law 300 means they both did. If the requirement is indeed 400 as you list above, does this mean you can't get the heirloom if both are dead?

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Chronos
Chronos

2/13/2018
Well, I think i'm done with the Feast companions, at least for this year. Now I've spent Fate to get Lettice, I must admit I don't like surrending items I'd like to keep in order to raise masquing. This is particularly true for Fate locked ones.

--
Please don't send me harmful social actions
main: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Chronos78

alt: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Chronos2
+3 link
Daykeeper
Daykeeper

2/13/2018
So is there no way to get the heirloom if I have finished Family & Law and my ally lives?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daykeeper
0 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

2/13/2018
Daykeeper wrote:
So is there no way to get the heirloom if I have finished Family & Law and my ally lives?

If your ally lived, you can get a companion. If your ally died, you can get an heirloom. So no, if your ally is alive then you're blocked out of the weapon reward.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
Kharsirr Lynx
Kharsirr Lynx

2/13/2018
PSGarak wrote:
Daykeeper wrote:

If your ally lived, you can get a companion. If your ally died, you can get an heirloom. So no, if your ally is alive then you're blocked out of the weapon reward.

Could you marry your ally if s/he lived? Per upgrade, probably.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
0 link
Daykeeper
Daykeeper

2/13/2018
PSGarak wrote:
Daykeeper wrote:

Thank you! I had just finished Family & Law before the Feast began... Too bad, it's a very nice weapon. And there seems to be no other way of getting it?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daykeeper
0 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

2/13/2018
Speaking of Law and Order, I swapped sides when I was given the chance and I don't seem to be able to get the corresponding companion. If it's to keep us from getting both, then it would be nice if I could swap out.
edited by MidnightVoyager on 2/13/2018

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
0 link
Tay1or
Tay1or

2/13/2018
I find it annoying that my companions line up: newcomer, dowager, skull, inmate. It just looks...off. I like to keep one of each gift, but maybe I'll turn in the skull... And my wonderful dowager between the newbie and the criminal? It's just...wrong.
0 link
Irym Ydell
Irym Ydell

2/13/2018
dov wrote:

Thanks a lot!

If this option is still available to you, can you please confirm the image name used? (Right click -> save image as...)

Also, if you pick up this item (which is not yet in the wiki), can you include the item's description and stats? (Or equip it so we can see it in you profile)

Thanks again!

I will not be choosing the item, but when I draw the card again, I'll confirm the image name.

--
-Irym-
It's only when you cannot hear the bats, that is when the bats are coming. This is the only advice I have to give.
0 link
Irym Ydell
Irym Ydell

2/13/2018
Is there any talk of us being able to marry any of the other companions? Or just the Firebrand/Missionary? No devils or assassin or the like a possibility? Because I'd like a spouse, but I'm not enamoured with the Firebrand.

--
-Irym-
It's only when you cannot hear the bats, that is when the bats are coming. This is the only advice I have to give.
0 link
sectumsemper
sectumsemper

2/13/2018
Is anyone still trading gifts? I'm looking for both fate and non-fate gifts, and happy to return in kind!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/sectumsemper
0 link
dov
dov

2/13/2018
Irym Ydell wrote:
I will not be choosing the item, but when I draw the card again, I'll confirm the image name.

Image confirmed (found equipped on a player's profile), and wiki updated.

If you can confirm whether the Family and Law requirement is "exactly 400", "at least 400", or anything else will also be greatly appreciated.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Irym Ydell
Irym Ydell

2/13/2018
dov wrote:
Irym Ydell wrote:

Image confirmed (found equipped on a player's profile), and wiki updated.

If you can confirm whether the Family and Law requirement is "exactly 400", "at least 400", or anything else will also be greatly appreciated.

Family & Law requirement is EXACTLY 400.

--
-Irym-
0 link
dov
dov

2/13/2018
Barse wrote:
if you side with the Constable, have the Stiff-Backed Young Lady, and the Constable perishes, you get her Cudgel and a companion identical to the young lady called "A Melancholic Remembrance of the Stiff-Backed Young Lady".

This reminds me: I've never seen what is the Cheery Man's equivalent of this.

EDIT: never mind: found it.
edited by dov on 2/13/2018

--
0 link
dov
dov

2/13/2018
Irym Ydell wrote:
Family & Law requirement is EXACTLY 400.

Thanks for the confirmation.

This makes me wonder if there's an identically looking version of this option (and one for favouring the Constable) for Family and Law exactly 300 (both of them dead).

--
0 link
Aardvark
Aardvark

2/13/2018
dov wrote:

All the Spouse cards we already had before this Feast (Artist's Model, Jewel Thief, Rubbery Consort) have always had Very Infrequent frequency.

Huh. I could have sworn the Celebrated Model used to appear quite often, so I presumed it was Standard.

Incidentally, wouldn't anyone have an echo/be willing to PM me with a description of what the Rubbery Consort's card entails? This is the first time I've heard of it, and I must say I'm morbidly fascinated.
And I suppose they have added a card for the Cultured Attaché as well? Anyone has an echo or can tell us about it? Haven't noticed it in the thread so far...

--
Sir Reginald Monteroy, Correspondent
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sir Reginald Monteroy

Will gladly come teach at your Orphanage, if you PM me in game.
0 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

2/13/2018
I've gotten the Cultured Attaché card twice and echoed both options:

The card
Option 1
Option 2

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
+1 link
Barse
Barse

2/13/2018
dov wrote:

Though I now wonder: Family and Law 400 means the the Cheery Man has died. But Family and Law 300 means they both did. If the requirement is indeed 400 as you list above, does this mean you can't get the heirloom if both are dead?

There must be a separate cloned branch that requires 300 - in my game both of them are dead, and I got the cane just fine. I think storynexus runs into problems in things like this: for the Last Constable's Cudgel, it can manage 300-350, but it doesn't support one single "300 OR 400" check so we get two identical Cane branches instead.
edited by Barse on 2/13/2018

--
The Scorched Sailor, up for most social actions and RP. Not as scary as he looks.
0 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

2/14/2018
dov wrote:
Barse wrote:
if you side with the Constable, have the Stiff-Backed Young Lady, and the Constable perishes, you get her Cudgel and a companion identical to the young lady called "A Melancholic Remembrance of the Stiff-Backed Young Lady".

This reminds me: I've never seen what is the Cheery Man's equivalent of this.

EDIT: never mind: found it.

Speaking of these, does this mean that if you first complete the story (with no companion) and then go to get your Feast reward, you'll only get the heirlooom but no Rememberance/Absence? That's interesting.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link
Spooks
Spooks

2/14/2018
So ... this is not about the valentines rose ... but about Notability

I have now have both 4 making waves and 4 notability- I am terrified of “Time, the Healer” taking away my notability...

So - if anyone wants some of my Making waves at Dante’s - I would be very happy

IF: this makes no sense at all - PLEASE correct me as I feel a little blind roaming around a semi-working sub-surface nuclear facility....after the tsunami.

I will return a valentines of 2 markings or a dinner as you prefer

Respectfully
Spooks
edited by Spooks on 2/14/2018
-2 link