Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Feast of the Exceptional Rose 1896 Messages in this topic - RSS

Jason5237
Jason5237

2/14/2018
So apologies for my ignorance, but are the Stiff-Backed Young Lady and the Gentleman of Undisclosed Business supposed to be the Last Constable and the Cheery Man, respectively?
+1 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

2/14/2018
Yup.

As for me, I'm wondering whether the Profoundly Educated Gentleman and his counterpart are meant to be recognised, or if they're exactly what they appear to be and nothing more?

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

2/14/2018
They are the Provost of Summerset and Mrs. Plenty, respectively.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
+2 link
Irym Ydell
Irym Ydell

2/14/2018
Dudebro Pyro wrote:
dov wrote:
Barse wrote:
if you side with the Constable, have the Stiff-Backed Young Lady, and the Constable perishes, you get her Cudgel and a companion identical to the young lady called "A Melancholic Remembrance of the Stiff-Backed Young Lady".

This reminds me: I've never seen what is the Cheery Man's equivalent of this.

EDIT: never mind: found it.

Speaking of these, does this mean that if you first complete the story (with no companion) and then go to get your Feast reward, you'll only get the heirlooom but no Rememberance/Absence? That's interesting.

I completed the story with neither companion & the Remembrance/Absence is not open to me. Only the cane.

--
-Irym-
It's only when you cannot hear the bats, that is when the bats are coming. This is the only advice I have to give.
0 link
Jason5237
Jason5237

2/14/2018
Jason5237 wrote:
So apologies for my ignorance, but are the Stiff-Backed Young Lady and the Gentleman of Undisclosed Business supposed to be the Last Constable and the Cheery Man, respectively?

Thanks for confirming, Dudebro Pyro. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

Which begs the question, why aren't the actual Lost Constable & Cheery Man portraits used? They are so great, and they're far better (and unique) compared to these shadowed silhouette versions which to me are ordinary. No character compared to the actual portraits.

Would be great if FB would update them from the shadowed versions to the originals.
0 link
Trilby
Trilby

2/14/2018
Going to assume there was no mistake that allowed those already with a GoUB/SBYL to get the other of the two, was there?

I still have yet to leave the lock.
I’m have a mild dilemma here.

Also, would anyone happen to know where I can find someone willing to give up their making waves?
I spent so long debating over my decision it seems I’ve fallen from a notability of 10 to 7.
edited by Agent 'Trilby' on 2/14/2018

--
|````^"""""""""""""""""""'^```|
|__________________________|
0 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

2/14/2018
Trilby wrote:
Going to assume there was no mistake that allowed those already with a GoUB/SBYL to get the other of the two, was there?

I still have yet to leave the lock.
I’m have a mild dilemma here.

Afraid not, and if you got one of them last year and swapped sides this year, you're stuck with whichever one you got.

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
0 link
dov
dov

2/14/2018
Spooks wrote:
I have now have both 4 making waves and 4 notability- I am terrified of “Time, the Healer” taking away my notability...

So - if anyone wants some of my Making waves at Dante’s - I would be very happy

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Your request seems to undermine what you're trying to prevent, so let's clarify the mechanics:
  • Each week, Time the Healer will remove one point of Notability, *if* your Notability is higher than your Making Waves.
  • So, with your Notability of 4, as long as you have at least 4 MW, your Notability is safe for this week. If your MW drops to 3 or less by the time that TtH comes, you'll lose Notability.
  • Being invited by someone to Dante's will indeed significantly decrease your MW (by 100 CP - enough to go from MW 13 to 0).

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+2 link
Trilby
Trilby

2/14/2018
dov wrote:
Spooks wrote:
I have now have both 4 making waves and 4 notability- I am terrified of “Time, the Healer” taking away my notability...

So - if anyone wants some of my Making waves at Dante’s - I would be very happy

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Your request seems to undermine what you're trying to prevent, so let's clarify the mechanics:
  • Each week, Time the Healer will remove one point of Notability, *if* your Notability is higher than your Making Waves.
  • So, with your Notability of 4, as long as you have at least 4 MW, your Notability is safe for this week. If your MW drops to 3 or less by the time that TtH comes, you'll lose Notability.
  • Being invited by someone to Dante's will indeed significantly decrease your MW (by 100 CP - enough to go from MW 13 to 0).

How effective even is Dante’s inferno anyways?

But anyways, I’m gonna guess of the non-fate gifts; the decanter is the easiest to stockpile?
And if I’m correct then where would you say I’d find the best exchange of Amanita Sherries per action?

--
0 link
dov
dov

2/14/2018
Trilby wrote:

It transfers 100 CP of MW from one person (who is not POSI, and thus doesn't need MW or Notability) to another in one action. Can be repeated 5 times a week (limited by having a Free Evening). If you have such an acquaintance, it's very effective. Of course, if the person being invited has less than 100 CP of MW, only what they have will be transferred.
Trilby wrote:
But anyways, I’m gonna guess of the non-fate gifts; the decanter is the easiest to stockpile?
And if I’m correct then where would you say I’d find the best exchange of Amanita Sherries per action?

What do you mean by "easiest to stockpile"? You can stockpile all Feast gifts as much as you want, as long as someone sends them to you.

----
edited by dov on 2/14/2018

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
reaperOscuroCore
reaperOscuroCore

2/14/2018
Gifts, presents and admiration! Please shower me with them, and I shall reciprocate as possible!

Lovingly,

Arden

--
Arden Terraward -a gentleperson on the search for...EVERYTHING. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Arden%20Terraward
0 link
sectumsemper
sectumsemper

2/14/2018
Duly showered! Are you looking for fate gifts to trade as well?
reaperOscuroCore wrote:
Gifts, presents and admiration! Please shower me with them, and I shall reciprocate as possible!

Lovingly,

Arden

--
Main: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/sectumsemper

Name-Seeker: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anonómastos
0 link
Kharsirr Lynx
Kharsirr Lynx

2/14/2018
Hi! Looking for unlimited (for now) non-Fate-locked exchange, as well as two 10'ish Fate-locked gifts. For Fate-locked, please call me by private message in advance though, just to be sure.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
0 link
Trilby
Trilby

2/14/2018
dov wrote:
Trilby wrote:

It transfers 100 CP of MW from one person (who is not POSI, and thus doesn't need MW or Notability) to another in one action. Can be repeated 5 times a week (limited by having a Free Evening). If you have such an acquaintance, it's very effective. Of course, if the person being invited has less than 100 CP of MW, only what they have will be transferred.
Trilby wrote:

What do you mean by &quoteasiest to stockpile&quot? You can stockpile all Feast gifts as much as you want, as long as someone sends them to you.

----
edited by dov on 2/14/2018

Phrased that increadably poorly.
I ment that I was guessing it would be the easiest to quickly build up resources for to send off on mass.
I’m reconsidering that now.
What do you generally send the most of?

Also, I’m accepting gifts. And if anyone is interested in fate gift trading, hit me up!

--
0 link
Mr Sables
Mr Sables

2/14/2018
I just want to ask if the Lady in Lilac will be pinned.

I have not found her once in the past two days.

Now, I know this may be the RNG hating me with a passion, but my fear is I'll have no chance to get the companions on my Encounters card before the festival ends.
+3 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/14/2018
Robin Alexander wrote:

Now, I know this may be the RNG hating me with a passion, but my fear is I'll have no chance to get the companions on my Encounters card before the festival ends.

Starting to get the feeling that all such cards will end up pinned stories. Making them cards offers a thrill for very active players and the joy of finding new things.
Some may not consider this fair, but I find it very attractive! Oki, I am active so I'll flip cards non stop, but if I log in once a day so I'll just use the story at the end being aware that everything is discovered.

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some text!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

2/14/2018
Robin Alexander wrote:

I'm having the same problem but with the Encounter card. aaaaaaaaaaagh

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
0 link
Bitty
Bitty

2/14/2018
Skinnyman wrote:
Robin Alexander wrote:

Starting to get the feeling that all such cards will end up pinned stories. Making them cards offers a thrill for very active players and the joy of finding new things.
Some may not consider this fair, but I find it very attractive! Oki, I am active so I'll flip cards non stop, but if I log in once a day so I'll just use the story at the end being aware that everything is discovered.

The thing is, im a very active player, and im just finding it more and more discouraging to log in like every hour and still havent been able to draw the card..

--
Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
Aten(Seeker)
Sook(Bag a Legend)

Open to all non-harmful social actions. Not into RP and will respond normally.
+3 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

2/14/2018
I think it would be less discouraging if either turning in gifts or getting a companion wasn't card-based. Or if increasing masquing wasn't card-based. Or if masquing wasn't locked to certain levels without fate.

Because I'm having to get masquing up to 20 by free means, then to 30 with gifts, then add fate stuff on top. This takes a great number of cards, and it's DEEPLY FRUSTRATING that the whole grind is put on hold for more than a day now because I can't draw the damn sunset card to turn it in. It's levels of grinding/card drawing hell.

--
+4 link
Jason5237
Jason5237

2/14/2018
I think that the Encounter & Lilac cards are pinned next week after the Feast is over. Although, that still doesn't help us with the Feast card now to gain the Masquing that we need - to the above post.
0 link