Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeStoryNexus » StoryNexus: Advice and Discussion

How to build things with StoryNexus

More intriguing developments Messages in this topic - RSS

Passionario
Passionario

1/24/2018

SpecificAbility does not appear to be among the quality categories that can be chosen. (Yet?)

--
Passionario: Profile, Story, Ending
Passion: Profile
+2 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

1/24/2018
I usually ignore anything new in the back end, simply because it's unlikely to be implemented on SN's front end.

--
Seeking alpha testers for a new StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Welcoming friends, rivals, sightseers; a life of some importance in the Neath.
0 link
Passionario
Passionario

3/22/2018
On a related note, since when did it become possible to have multiple rare success and rare default results for the same branch?

--
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

3/22/2018
Unless it's changed very recently, it isn't. An interface bug lets you create more than one, but I don't think they get saved.

Passionario wrote:
On a related note, since when did it become possible to have multiple rare success and rare default results for the same branch?

--

0 link
Passionario
Passionario

7/11/2018
So I've played around yesterday with equippable Things (thank you again for fixing the bug!), and discovered some neat stuff with highly unwise uses.
Passionario wrote:

Remember this restriction? Well, it turns out that it only gets checked when you assign the bonus/penalty.

However, once it's in place, you can go ahead and change the enhanced quality to any other type!
Including a Thing.
Including a Thing that is also an item slot.
Including a Thing that is also an item slot where the enhancing Thing is equipped.
Including a Thing that is also an item slot where the enhancing Thing that provides a penalty is equipped.

("Mad Science", unknown artist, 2018.)

So what happens when we put a slot-eating item into a corresponding edible slot?

• The item slot vanishes.
  • The item goes back to your regular inventory.
  • The item continues to provide any other bonuses/penalties it may have.
  • The item can no longer be unequipped.

From the top of my head, I can think of a few edge cases where that may be useful. Perhaps you liked the idea of Your Own Severed Head from Fallen London, or perhaps you want to have a Totalitarian Tyrant that destroys Our Elected Leader slot.

--
+6 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

7/11/2018
This is interesting, but I want to congratulate you for constantly deleting your posts (for few months already) to stay at 777! smile

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
telyni
telyni

7/29/2018
Haha. That's hilarious. I've got to find a way to use that in my WIP. That's like the very definition of a classically cursed item!
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

7/29/2018
I noticed yesterday that the long-broken deleting of branch results has been fixed. I wonder if any other bugs have been secretly bashed?

--

0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

8/1/2018
I've also just discovered that objectives no longer display properly. There appears to be a new way of working with them, but it doesn't work on the SN front end.

--

0 link
telyni
telyni

8/9/2018
I was wondering...nobody's responded to the questions I posted in a separate thread, but one of them was about objectives. I guess that's why I couldn't figure it out, if something's actually broken.
0 link