Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Noman's Friend Melt Rate Tracking 2017 Messages in this topic - RSS

IgnatuStone
IgnatuStone

16 days ago
You've lost 118 x Noman's Friend (new total 370 - The Noman is pristine).

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ignatus~Stone
+1 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

16 days ago
I lost 101 x Noman's Friend this Wednesday. Currently, I have 75 left and 7 ToL to raise my Noman's Friend to a 96 in the hopes that it will be enough to stave off death, but it also just so happens that Lilac comes around the same day as Time the Healer does for me. If I play the storylet early enough, I'll hopefully be able to complete my Noman-related actions for the Feast hours before they melt. Wish me luck!
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 2/8/2018

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
+1 link
dov
dov

16 days ago
Sir Joseph Marlen wrote:
I lost 101 x Noman's Friend this Wednesday. Currently, I have 75 left and 7 ToL to raise my Noman's Friend to a 96 in the hopes that it will be enough to stave off death, but it also just so happens that Lilac comes around the same day as Time the Healer does for me. If I play the storylet early enough, I'll hopefully be able to complete my Noman-related actions for the Feast hours before they melt. Wish me luck!

Sine you have 6 days until the next TtH, and Lilac is due on the 12th (in 4 days) you might be just fine (unless she's delayed...)

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+3 link
alekth
alekth

16 days ago
You've lost 114 x Noman's Friend (new total 405 - The Noman is pristine).

--
Ray Trevelyan - Battles of all kinds are welcome - plants, chess and deadly
Aileas Amell - snow, spores, SMEN
+1 link
Dima Lazarev
Dima Lazarev

15 days ago
Feb 9, 14:19 GMT — lost 91 x Noman's Friend (new total 201 - The Noman is pristine).

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dima Lazarev
+1 link
dov
dov

15 days ago
February 9th, ~18:30 GMT:

You've lost 97 x Noman's Friend (new total 423 - The Noman is pristine)

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Harlocke
Harlocke

15 days ago
Feb 8 - Lost 102. New total 320.

--
I welcome social actions, and can visit your salon as an author.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Harlocke
+2 link
Toran
Toran

12 days ago
Heartiest congratulations to those who have saved their melty friend long enough to get its likeness on your meat. I still find the story heartbreaking and have sworn to never revisit its cruelty.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anthony~Toran
+3 link
Suhe Gul
Suhe Gul

11 days ago
as of half hour ago TtH has hit "You've lost 96 x Noman's Friend (new total 232 - The Noman is pristine)." I might keep my noman around for another week for the science since it isnt in any danger but I am not liking having one card slot blocked by noman card.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/suhe%20gul
I am open to social actions except affluent photographer and loitering.
If you need anything I can get my hands on and willing to send me surprise package(s) in return, I can help you with that.
Correspondent and willing to make orphanage calls.
0 link
 Saklad
Saklad

11 days ago
I lost 106 Noman's Friend today.

Does anyone know if it is possible to actually keep your Noman all year? I imagine it isn’t, due to steadily ramped-up melt rates if anything, and there probably isn’t content for Nomen who actually do make it all year like they say when you get your tattoo… But what if there is?

• --
    Saklad5, a man of many talents
  • +1 link
    CameoAppearance
    CameoAppearance

10 days ago
    Saklad wrote:

Does anyone know if it is possible to actually keep your Noman all year? I imagine it isn’t, due to steadily ramped-up melt rates if anything, and there probably isn’t content for Nomen who actually do make it all year like they say when you get your tattoo… But what if there is?

It's probably mechanically possible so long as you have a sufficiently absurd number of Tears of the Bazaar, but it's not likely that anyone can actually get that many Tears without spending a ton of Fate on action refreshes and wine grinding/archaeology, which is essentially an expensive cheat code. I don't know of anyone who's kept a noman for more than a couple of months; even NiteBrite only managed to get to about mid-March back in '15.
    edited by CameoAppearance on 2/14/2018

--
    Dr Cameo “Scary Teeth” Thurlow, that toothy androgyne with the wickedly sharp curly quotes
    +1 link
    idyl
    idyl

10 days ago
    CameoAppearance wrote:
    Saklad wrote:

It's probably mechanically possible so long as you have a sufficiently absurd number of Tears of the Bazaar, but it's not likely that anyone can actually get that many Tears without spending a ton of Fate on action refreshes and wine grinding/archaeology, which is essentially an expensive cheat code. I don't know of anyone who's kept a noman for more than a couple of months; even NiteBrite only managed to get to about mid-March back in '15.
    Someone asked this question (about keeping a Noman alive until next Christmas) about a month ago, so I decided to do the math. Here's the post in question along with the results:
    http://community.failbettergames.com/topic25586-so-what-exactly-does-a-noman-do.aspx#post215477

--
    "Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all."
    0 link
    Skinnyman
    Skinnyman

10 days ago
    Some of last year's participants exceeded NB's mid-March, but not sure about who kept their Noman alive the longest.
    And yesterday, 13th of February, around 23:00 GMT I lost 119 NF. Got my second tattoo and a Gant one two days again! Yay, Nomaaaan!

--
    I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
    No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
    Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
    Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
    +2 link
    PSGarak
    PSGarak

10 days ago
    From February 13th: You've lost 104 x Noman's Friend (new total 596 - The Noman is pristine).

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak
    +1 link
    alekth
    alekth

9 days ago
    You've lost 115 x Noman's Friend (new total 290 - The Noman is pristine).

--
    Ray Trevelyan - Battles of all kinds are welcome - plants, chess and deadly
    Aileas Amell - snow, spores, SMEN
    +1 link
    dov
    dov

8 days ago
    February 16th, ~18:30 GMT:

You've lost 113 x Noman's Friend (new total 310 - The Noman is pristine).

--
    +1 link
    Fianna Carmody
    Fianna Carmody

6 days ago
    Televangelist wrote:
    Post your data here! Date of your TtH and amount lost.

What are TtH and NF?
    0 link
    idyl
    idyl

6 days ago
    Fianna Carmody wrote:
    What are TtH and NF?
    Time the Healer and Noman's Friend.

--
    "Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all."
    0 link
    Dudebro Pyro
    Dudebro Pyro

5 days ago
    CameoAppearance wrote:
    Saklad wrote:

Didn't someone (NiteBrite? or perhaps not) keep a Noman for pretty much all year by stuffing it on a boat and sailing to the middle of nowhere?

--
    Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
    For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
    0 link
    Sara Hysaro
    Sara Hysaro

5 days ago
    Somebody did that, but that method doesn't work anymore as far as I'm aware - I tried bringing a Noman with me beyond the Gate, but it melted on Mutton Island while I was grinding Stormy-Eyed.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
    Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
    0 link