Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

The Museum of Mistakes Gift Shop Messages in this topic - RSS

Senforza
Senforza

1/26/2018
Senforza smiles thinly. "My dear Madam, why do you think I frequent this pub? It's charming, perhaps, but I find it tiresome to read Correspondence in places where it's socially unacceptable to catch fire." Her fingers catch on her book contemplatively. "No, the only reason I would consider delaying my studies is to place myself in a position to hear information from people who are not quite as discrete as they believe. Perhaps not so unlike yourself." Her statement is entirely devoid of malice, sounding almost apologetic.

She lowers her voice. "While I'm grateful to have made your acquaintance, grabbing my attention with such a statement has likely alerted half this pub to our conversation. Loose lips still lock within reason. If your ears are half as good as you say, I would caution you to listen before making your intentions known."

"...That being said, if you do indeed have something in mind to convince our sulfuric host, I welcome it." She offers no information or suggestion of her own. Her eyes swing leisurely between the three, coolly analytical.

--
Main:
Senforza. Curious to a fault. Tentatively moral. Reformed, mostly.

Secondary:
Chels. Tout sauf la sixième.
0 link
Reinol von Lorica
Reinol von Lorica

1/27/2018
Richard Eleison said nothing for while, merely enjoying the absinthe. His eyes were closed in peaceful contemplation as he listened to the two women converse. At the end of the Professor’s speech, he opened his eyes. They flashed with two emotions. Irritation and boredom. The talk had on long enough and his patience was wearing thin. But he kept his voice steady as he answered her.

“Bribery would come to mind. Devils simply can’t resist souls. Those of higher quality more so. My profession provides me with ample amounts. It would be a small matter to hustle up a sufficient bribe to twist the desires of even the most austere of devils. Influence was another road. I have worked with and for Hell. My name is known to even those behind Hell’s gate. They grace me with their favours and promises. Surely that would be enough to convince our infernal host? But I doubt so. I have no desire to see to see the library. If I wanted to, then I wouldn’t bother with asking the devil. I have my ways. Not honest ones but ways regardless.”

After that, a look of boredom entered his features as he returned to his drink. He had enough of such talk. If this Dione had anything else to say, then she better get to the d_mn point already.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Reinol%20von%20Lorica
Reinol von Lorica. The Sentimental Writer. He still dreams of clear skies and sun kissed forests.

Pull yourselves together!
0 link
Dione of Argos
Dione of Argos

1/28/2018
Dione focuses on Professor Senforza as she speaks: „Since Mr. Eleison neither has the intention nor the desire to enter the library and this endeavor doesn’t pose a challenge to him, I do not wish to bore him any further. Perhaps then only us two women could attend to the matter? Allow me to invite you, Professor, to a private talk about the challenge to gain access to the library. Provided you agree and like to, we can relocate our conversation to that remote table in the corner over there.”

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dione%20of%20Argos
0 link
Senforza
Senforza

1/29/2018
"Indeed, it seems civility may yet be dead in London." The Professor nodded, vaguely amused. "While I ultimately may not judge you ready for such a pursuit, I don't see the harm in exploring the potential. Certainly I'm always on the hunt for new avenues of knowledge. Access to a library of this size would be quite useful to me."

--
Main:

Secondary:
0 link
Reinol von Lorica
Reinol von Lorica

1/29/2018
Throughout the exchange, Eleison kept his silence. As he sipped the remnants of his glass, he focused his gaze on dear Sebastien. “And do you have to say, my loyal henchman? You’ve been awfully quiet. And that tankard can’t get any more emptier than it already is.”

Sure enough, the Suave Henchman was pretending to drink an invisible drink, clearly trying to hide his curiosity regarding the library. “To be honest, guv, I’m quite partial to seeing what lies beyind the secret entrance.”

Ah. So That was it. Sebastien deserves a gift anyways. “Very well then.” Spoke Eleison as he fixed his gaze back on the duo. “Would you mind if my good man, Sebastien were to partake of this expedition? Consider him acting on behalf or whichever you prefer. I’m sure he’ll be useful. And perhaps I’ll lend a hand. A good king cares for his subjects after all.”

--
Reinol von Lorica. The Sentimental Writer. He still dreams of clear skies and sun kissed forests.

0 link
Dione of Argos
Dione of Argos

1/31/2018
“Everyone who is interested in entering the library and wishes to commit to this effort is welcome. So are those who just wish to explore the potential of the challenge.” Dione says and nods at the two men. Turning around to Professor Senforza she gestures towards the remote table and she says: “Please take a seat over there while I order another round of drinks.”

After the drinks are delivered with some smaller dishes of pork scratchings, pickled eggs, salted crisps, peanuts and small pasties, Dione takes a beautiful and large surface sea snail shell out of a pocket, hidden beneath the many thin and feathery layers of chiffon and silk of her dress, and places it on the edge of the table the mouth facing the interior of the pub. In front she places a small musical snuff box. Winding it up she smiles to the Professor: “I hope this will satisfy your wish to keep our conversation safe from preying ears such as yours.” The music box does not produce a song however, but imitates the sound of the ocean., while the sea snail shell works as an amplifier.

“Now, let me begin by asking you a simple question: What is the one place in the Neath hell has no access to?”

--
0 link
Senforza
Senforza

1/31/2018
She stared at the setup doubtfully, pursing her lips. "If anything..." She blinked slowly, shaking her head. "So be it." Subtlety may well be out the window anyway.

The Professor ignored the various hors d'oeuvres, instead opting to continue taking swigs from her flask. She closed her eyes for a second, rubbing tiredly at her eyelids. One can only play along for so long. "As much as I've enjoyed making your acquaintance, Madam, would you mind terribly if we spoke plainly? If you do indeed plan on sharing a fully-formed idea, I would appreciate hearing it in full."

--
Main:

Secondary:
0 link
Reinol von Lorica
Reinol von Lorica

2/1/2018
Sebastien pondered this for a while, occasionally casting glances at Eleison. The constant questions and clues were beginning to grate on his nerves as well. He could see why Eleison decided to pull out when he had the chance. But still, the Suave Henchman pondered her question. What was the only place Hell has yet to gain access to.

It was at that moment did he remember what should’ve been forgotten.

Air, thick with the impossible violet. It drowned memories, dreams, faces, names. The Irrigo light shone at every corner, every eyeless skull. The temptations of the forgetful drug still lingers.

He had a hunch on her answer. His boss dragged him and many others to the place every week, all for the sake of looting its hidden bounty. Many were lost. Others were simply forgotten. Yet the Conniving Scholar thrived there. Even when his mind was naught but hollow. It terrified Sebastien sometimes. More so than their visits to the Iron Republic. Nevertheless, the Suave Henchman opened his mouth and spoke, the hopeful answer.

“The Cave of the Nadir. Where the Irrigo temptations of the Nadir beckons all. Yet it’s location is a well kept secret. Not even those of Hell know the way.”

He very much hoped this was the answer to her question. Somewhere, after the third glass, Richard Eleison smiled. His Henchman was doing him proud.

--

0 link
Dione of Argos
Dione of Argos

2/4/2018
The bells at the door announce a new guest – or rather four of them. First enters a flamboyant dandy, his copper coloured silk garment oscillates metallic as he turns around to search the room. The tight fitting jacket is tailored with a black satin lapel and matching buttons, underneath the paisley vest is showing accompanied by a loosely bound cravat. Diamond cufflinks, a silver walking stick, slightly curly hair kept short in a contemporary cut and a well groomed albeit short moustache with a petit handlebar accompanied by a goatee identify him as an man of the uprising belle époque that has started to reach London’s Bohemia from the faraway shores of Paris.

Right behind him a woman arrives, her happily mixed together attire reflects her nonchalant attitude towards appearances, while the sheets of paper and pen sticking out from her coats pocket identify her as an artist of some kind. She is the first to spot what they are searching for, but before she can say anything, the dandy remarks:” In my regards, my dear, this is the public, to whom one should never offer a delicate perfume. It exasperates them, Give them only carefully selected garbage.” The woman laughs :” You are awful Mr. Dandy.”
The devil who steps into the pub next dryly comment: “Aren’t all Nocturnals? I was under the impression that insulting each single being is their sole reason for existing.” “Don’t waste your time on chit chat, we found her, let us move on.” Insists impatiently a man who looks average and wears a clerk’s boring brown suit. He is standing in the open door. Only when he grins his sharp teeth, filed into cones give him the charming look of a grinning shark.

The dandy closes the gap between himself and the table Dione is seated with a few determined steps, knocks on the wood and comments: “What an hostile atmosphere, how can one even try to build up anything here? What are you even doing here?”
Dione rises to greet the group she is obviously familiar with and smiles gleefully at them. “Are you coming or not?” snaps the shark. “Of course she is!” exclaims the artist and links arms with Dione, pulling the woman with her. Meanwhile the devil, quietly, unnoticed pays the bartender.
“I wouldn’t count on her coming back. I would say farewell but I don’t care for pleasantries.” The dandy turns around and leaves the pub closely behind the others, the shark closes the door but not without licking his razor-sharp teeth.

--
0 link
Senforza
Senforza

2/5/2018
((...Is this your way of leaving the RP?))

--
Main:

Secondary:
0 link
Reinol von Lorica
Reinol von Lorica

2/6/2018
(That is rather...sudden.)

--

0 link
Fallen Puppeteer
Fallen Puppeteer

4/17/2018
Malcolm sat at the back of the pub, watching. Only after the scene did he speak, and all others in the pub could most definitely agree with this particular choice of quite crude words.
"The f___ was that?"

--
"Il ne reste donc rien, sauf pour nos regrets."
(No, I'm not French. I used Google Translate.)
0 link