Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

In Red, Underlined: OOC Discussion Messages in this topic - RSS

Hubris Glamore
Hubris Glamore

9 days ago
Mr. Hubris Glamore

Roles:
-Consummate Professional: Absolutely loyal to his employer and their agenda. Will do his utmost to fulfill Jen's aims and protect the team.
-The Help: Fades nicely into the background of a scene like any other beneath notice servant when he wants to.
-Master at Harms: When violence is required he is extremely dangerous at close range with bare hands or a makeshift weapon.

Liabilities:
-Confidentiality Guaranteed: Will not divulge anything a client, past or present has told to him in confidence. Which is a great aspect for trusting him with your secrets, but not so great if he's been previously hired by a rival and has information you could use.
-Keeping up the Masquerade: Prefers to operate through subtlety and opportunism where possible and will be loathe to blow his cover unless the situation absolutely demands it.

Perceptions:
-Known Chaperone: Has served the tigers before, largely in the capacity of attending to the arrangements of visiting society figures. His presence here at face value will not be suspect.

Agenda:
-Smoothing Things Over: After the wine incident, he's keen to demonstrate effective teamwork in order to dispell any remaining mistrust within the group.
-Pay Attention: He is not at all fond of the fingerkings. He's loyal to the job and will serve Jen's agenda to free the 3rd coil prisoners. He will however, take pains to remember their faces for later.

Spotlight:
-Nothing particular here. He's got no real attachment to the events within the Labyrinth outside of getting a good look at the fingerking possessed humans.

--
Hubris Glamore is an ambitious gentleman with entirely more schemes than is healthy.

Happy to entertain all manner of interactions and has a fondness for roleplaying.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hubris%20Glamore
+1 link
Lady Karnstein
Lady Karnstein

7 days ago
Lady Caroline Karnstein

Roles: Grave-Borne Vigor: This seems a good time for Caroline’s prodigious strength to come to play. This is a zoo, with heavy cages and doors, and Caroline might well be able to tear out bars or pull sealed doors off their hinges. Not something I am invested in having happen, but she could slip ahead and do that, or perhaps not even use it in an emergency but, say, tear a door off it’s hinges to affect escape.

Dangerous Allure: Caroline’s sparkling eyes, pale skin, and low purr are almost hypnotic. While she cannot actually control minds, she is very good at making people suggestible and inclined to carry out her wishes. Often people unconsciously do what she asks without realizing it, and can easily slip into a very shallow trance just looking at and listening to her.

·Liabilities: Habituated Hunter Caroline is used to hunting things with heartbeats. Its easier for something without to get a jump on her.

Not Hungry Yet Caroline is currently well fed, has not been injured, did not have sex food or drink, and rested. She may be distracted by lots of blood but won’t lose control. This could change.

·Perceptions: Predator Caroline’s senses could help here too. She can detect a variety of scents and hear heartbeats. It will help gauge what they are dealing with, sizes, and if they are afraid. She can see well in the dark.

One of Us: Cats, including big ones, tend to be positively disposed to Caroline. If nothing else inclined to not harm her and at least talk. Her allure is lost on them, though.

·Agenda: Trust in THIS Maybe murder a freed Fingerking if she could get away with it. She enjoys doing it, but won’t take any particular risk to do so.

Protect the Protector: Caroline will do nearly anything to ensure both she and Lee survive.

Spotlight: No. Caroline is here in duty to others. She does not care, one way or the other, about it. In terms of the narrative, this is a better story for her to take a back seat on. She can have key moments, but there are better places to shine.
edited by Lady Karnstein on 1/15/2018

--
Lady Caroline Karnstein, infamous writer, artist, and courtesan. Unrepentant Invert.
Legendary Charisma, Correspondent, Nocturnal. Thumbfumble Champion 1894
Poet Laureate of the Neath.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Caroline%20Karnstein
+1 link
The Cosmopolitan
The Cosmopolitan

6 days ago
If anything here contradicts something I said in my first post about Cosmo on this thread, this overrides it. Doing this RP has taught me things about Cosmo I wasn’t necessarily expecting.

Roles
Upstanding member of society: even if Cosmo isn’t really a bumbling academic, they certainly do a good impression of one. Thus, their appearance makes it difficult for any observer to suspect them of anything larcenous, making up for their lack of shadowiness.

Cool in a crisis: the army, surgery, and working with some outrageously arrogant academics taught Cosmo to keep a level head in high pressure situations. While some of the things they do may seem stupid or foolhardy, you can be sure that the risk has been meticulously calculated and nobody will come off too worse for wear.

Medical precision: picking locks is nothing compared to keyhole surgery. Even under the influence, Cosmo will be steady, fastidious, and retain an excellent memory.

Liabilities
Priorities: Cosmo knows the price of brass, but is more interested in the value of secrets. This could turn their eyes from the prize if an opportunity arises to ditch jewels in favour of some old letters.

Independent spirit: not necessarily a team player, and unimpressed by any tricks that might get them to play ball. They’ll still remain loyal if they benefit from doing so, but in one off situations, they could cause tension or damage the cover for the team.

Perceptions
Neathy lore: what Cosmo lacks in experience, they make up for in reading, so their knowledge of the geography and politics of the Neath at least matches that of a Neath-born Londoner.

Antiquities: not necessarily materialistic (see ‘Priorities’) but they know junk when they see it, and, perhaps more importantly, can easily spot an unexpected gem.

Agenda
‘Academic’ interest: if what’s garnered from the heist can’t be used for blackmail, at least it will make for some damn good reading material.

Spotlight/ Requests
Nah, not really, but I do have a line in case there’s ever a cause for Cosmo to throw something blunt and heavy...

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/The%20Cosmopolitan
+1 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

6 days ago
Oho, nice! I'm interested by how Cosmo's scholarship complements Mike's Celtic version of "it is known." If the two of them agree on something, we ought to accept it. But if they disagree, will they do so respectfully?

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Longshanks cat-burglar; Bohemian author; now, perhaps, something more. Bubbly, expressive, and affectionate. It’s not only still waters that run deep.
Telemachia Lee: Gentle lady by birth, brawling Docker by choice. Good company in the drunk tank.
+1 link
The Cosmopolitan
The Cosmopolitan

6 days ago
Most likely. Cosmo appreciates the value of practice over theory and may even defer to Michael in such a situation.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/The%20Cosmopolitan
+1 link
Slyblue
Slyblue

6 days ago
The Cosmopolitan wrote:
Most likely. Cosmo appreciates the value of practice over theory and may even defer to Michael in such a situation.

Aw, no collar-grabbing and pottery-throwing over the exact nature of tigers? Fo' shame Big Grin

--
The Smiling Violinist The Curt Licentiate The Dreamless Truth-Seeker

"For hearts of truest mettle, absence doth join and Time doth settle."
+1 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

6 days ago
The esteemed anthropologist observes with interest the collar-grabbing and pottery-throwing customs of the London Longshanks. Perhaps with more observation, patterns of regional and gang-specific variations will become apparent.

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Longshanks cat-burglar; Bohemian author; now, perhaps, something more. Bubbly, expressive, and affectionate. It’s not only still waters that run deep.
Telemachia Lee: Gentle lady by birth, brawling Docker by choice. Good company in the drunk tank.
+3 link
Lady Jen Black
Lady Jen Black

5 days ago
Delicious readers! We love reading your comments, so please come talk to us!
edited by Lady Jen Black on 1/17/2018

--
Lady Jen Black - Appearance - Backstory - MBTI - Song - Portrait - RP Directory
Accepting calling cards!
+2 link
Rackenhammer
Rackenhammer

5 days ago
Suppose now is as good a time as any to pop up and say how much I'm enjoying reading through this! Latest exchange was especially cute, quite a pick-me-up after a long staff meeting.

--
"DO NOT TRUST HAPPY ENDINGS. DO NOT FEAR SAD ENDINGS... NEITHER ARE ENDINGS."
~
Mathieu Psmith: The Bard of Lost Children, loving husband, and a fixture of the artistic set. Can never resist making a show of things...

Irene Psmith: Adopted Daughter of Mathieu. Specializes in Information, Acquisitions, and the Acquisition of Information.

Vaughan Montblanc: Once a frontiersman of Western Canada, he now practices medicine in London. His discretion may be absolutely trusted.
+6 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

5 days ago
Hurrah! We brightened a person's day!

--
0 link
Lady Jen Black
Lady Jen Black

3 days ago
Who else is reading? It'd be fun to hear that we have an audience. And do tell us what you think? Are you itching for us to get to the heist proper? Is the chronology of the story clear despite the posts being out of order? These things, we can't determine ourselves -- so you readers have to let us know!

--
Lady Jen Black - Appearance - Backstory - MBTI - Song - Portrait - RP Directory
Accepting calling cards!
+1 link
Addis Rook
Addis Rook

1 days ago
Hi! Me again, I just wanted to say I'm happy with how things are going now, proper setup between characters can make the heist itself have much more potential with that kind of context for the readers to go on. I was a bit confused with the poisoned wine derailment as a plot point, but overall I'm enjoying it greatly still!
+1 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

1 days ago
Yeah, the poisoned wine thing elicited unexpectedly strong in-character reactions. We decided to run with it as a plot point, showing Jen making a mistake and dealing with the consequences, and deepening character interactions. We're writing the actual heist part now. We're geared up and ready to steal all the things.
edited by Aberrant Eremite on 1/21/2018

--
+1 link
shylarah
shylarah

16 hours ago
If Mike wants collars grabbed and pottery thrown, Nikki will happily oblige him....

HEllo lurkers! I kinda forgot that chrome doesn't automatically reload this page when I open it. Oops. ^.^;;

Yes, steal ALL the things~!

--
Lady of Cold Steel, Lady of the Flit, Lady Alyssana Grey. A formidable woman, hard to read and slow to trust. Darkness lurks inside her.

Alts: (please direct all inquiries to Alys & say who they're for)
-Nikki, the Playful Daredevil, leading the constables on merry chases across London at every available opportunity. It's not a good robbery if you didn't get chased~
-Shylarah, waifish, wide-eyed, painfully foreign, entirely untamed. Her search for a way home now leads her to Parabola. There's something about her...
-Dr. Maxwell Thomas, a kindhearted physician who can't stand to see suffering. Moral to a fault, even to his own detriment. Unlucky in love.
I would rather be taken for a fool than deny aid where it is needed.
-Angie, the Cheeky Sharpshooter. Got her start with the Regiment and proudly operated their cannon for years. Rowdy, rough, and among the best shots in London.
0 link