Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Christmas in the Neath 1895 Messages in this topic - RSS

Rostygold
Rostygold

1/9/2018
Sara Hysaro wrote:
MidnightVoyager is talking about the new Squid Friend Companion we got for Christmas, if you choose the Fate-locked Rubbery option. That said, the Boneless Consort doesn't leave you unless you manually divorce them - you can keep them even if you don't have your enhancement anymore.

Oh, thanks for the info.

Whoa, man... +3 Bizarre? I know that there are companions with better BDR (*bleat-ROAR*), but that's a rather quick way to get a high BDR companion with FATE.
edited by Rostygold on 1/9/2018
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

1/9/2018
Rostygold wrote:
I just want to say here that the Cider, the doubling of cards from moving from one place with unique card draws and back, gawping at the Labyrinth of Tigers and Hearts's Mirror at the Carnival is a hella easy way to fatten up the Noman. Big Grin

Uh, did someone join the Cider club recently? I know you are pursuing it!

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Rostygold
Rostygold

1/9/2018
Skinnyman wrote:

Oh yes, several of my characters have, close to four years since they were made.
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

1/9/2018
Rostygold wrote:
Skinnyman wrote:

Oh yes, several of my characters have, close to four years since they were made.

Multiple characters with Cider? Frigging congratulations, mate; probably took a lot of patience! Are they... official or hidden?
In any case, Knock, knock now?Big Grin

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
Rostygold
Rostygold

1/9/2018
Skinnyman wrote:
Multiple characters with Cider? Frigging congratulations, mate; probably took a lot of patience! Are they... official or hidden?
In any case, Knock, knock now?Big Grin

Thanks, but patience? Oh, no. I resorted to a lot of wiki-referring, and I know a few exploits to accelerate the grind, most of which had been closed by Failbetter, or just rendered obsolete.

Oh yeah, they are all Seeking now - had been for a while, but unfortunately not in time for Christmas to betray a whole bunch of Noman.

EDIT: Oh wait, did I say "less than four years?". Checking back on some message and email archives, I actually started playing back in 2015, so it's less than 3 years.
+2 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

1/10/2018
From skimming through the thread, I take it that we don't know when buckets will melt or when the Wicket will become permanently closed this year. Am I correct in that, or mistaken? I ask because I'm hoping to wait on making my Noman so as to skip out on unnecessary Friend loss, and I can't do anything else I want to in the Wicket until I can dump off my current ToL on my Noman buddy.

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
+1 link
Rostygold
Rostygold

1/11/2018
Sir Joseph Marlen wrote:
From skimming through the thread, I take it that we don't know when buckets will melt or when the Wicket will become permanently closed this year. Am I correct in that, or mistaken? I ask because I'm hoping to wait on making my Noman so as to skip out on unnecessary Friend loss, and I can't do anything else I want to in the Wicket until I can dump off my current ToL on my Noman buddy.

You might want to get a Noman by Jan 15 or Jan 16 for this year.
+1 link
dov
dov

1/11/2018
Rostygold wrote:

Why these dates?

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Rostygold
Rostygold

1/11/2018
dov wrote:
Rostygold wrote:

Why these dates?

Presumably, those are the dates when the price for the Noman peaks.
0 link
dov
dov

1/11/2018
Rostygold wrote:
dov wrote:
Rostygold wrote:

Why these dates?

Presumably, those are the dates when the price for the Noman peaks.

How do you figure?

(FYI - the Noman still costs 5 ToL as of today. I doubt it will reach the peak of costing 15 ToL in 4-5 days)
edited by dov on 1/11/2018

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Rostygold
Rostygold

1/11/2018
dov wrote:

(FYI - the Noman still costs 5 ToL as of today. I doubt it will reach the peak of costing 15 ToL in 4-5 days)
edited by dov on 1/11/2018

Oh, yeah... Whoops.

I keep mixing up the ToL increases with the day periods. It should be ToL +2 after every three days right?

Also, likely due to the lag and requests by players like me, the first cost phase has been extended to four days (last Friday, Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday). I recall that my characters purchased Noman at a cost of ToL 5 from Tuesday onwards.
edited by Rostygold on 1/11/2018
+1 link
Krampus
Krampus

1/11/2018
Why can you still buy Pails of Snow via the urchin card? I thought this stops when it is no longer snowing?

When will the pails melt? As soon as the wicket closes? Later?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/qwe1
0 link
genesis
genesis

1/11/2018
Rostygold wrote:
likely due to the lag and requests by players like me, the first cost phase has been extended to four days (last Friday, Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday)

It's possible. However, note that the original note on the wiki was incorrect. Other than possibly in the very early years of the festival, the ToL changes haven't come in *exactly* 3 day periods in several years. So fluctuations have been expected and may have been pre-planned and not necessarily due to player feedback.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/mikey_thinkin

Keeping track of incomplete content and loose ends in Fallen London
0 link
The Remorseless Villainess

1/13/2018
Is there any way now to get pails of unusual snow besides the Urchins card? I've been trying for two weeks and still haven't drawn it, and only need one more pail to get the last five-card Lodgings... >.<

--
Gone NORTH, to learn what happened there.
The Indolent Entrepreneur

"T'ain't the eatin' you need be afraid of. It's the chewin'."
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

1/13/2018
Urchins only at this point, yeah. You can force a draw with a Favourable Circumstance but that's hella expensive if you don't already have one (costs 7 notability or 8 fate).

--
Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
0 link
dov
dov

1/13/2018
If you already have a Noman, you can get another pail that way, if you're particularly heartless (and willing to give up on the Elemental Secret).

--
0 link

1/13/2018
Aw, fudge, thanks anyway upset It looks like I'm trying to grind notability up enough to get Favourable Circumstances then!

--
Gone NORTH, to learn what happened there.
The Indolent Entrepreneur

"T'ain't the eatin' you need be afraid of. It's the chewin'."
0 link
al2o3cr
al2o3cr

1/14/2018
When do the "Experiencing Strange Times: Twelve Days of Mr Sacks" cards lock? I've got a character who completed Day 2 and hasn't drawn Day 3 in a week+. Am I locked out of the Wicket for the year, or just getting temporarily hosed by the RNG?
  • 0 link
    phryne
    phryne

1/14/2018
    al2o3cr wrote:
    When do the "Experiencing Strange Times: Twelve Days of Mr Sacks" cards lock? I've got a character who completed Day 2 and hasn't drawn Day 3 in a week+. Am I locked out of the Wicket for the year, or just getting temporarily hosed by the RNG?
    The cards never lock. The wicket, however, locks after Jan 31st. So, you still have all of January left to complete your Sacksmas business wink

And yes, the RNG seems particularly hateful atm. I've trouble drawing those Sacks cards, too. 'Ubiquitous frequency' haha :P

--
    Active on the forums, but much less so in-game for now.
    a Scarlet Sainta Monster-Huntera Memorya Raven?
    List of useful thingsFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
    +1 link
    Daedalus_Falk
    Daedalus_Falk

1/14/2018
    Kaijyuu wrote:
    Urchins only at this point, yeah. You can force a draw with a Favourable Circumstance but that's hella expensive if you don't already have one (costs 7 notability or 8 fate).

I thought the Urchins had stopped selling lacre by now? I no longer see an option.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daedalus_Falk

----

For I was hungry, and you gave me rats. I was thirsty, and you gave me rats. I was naked, and you gave me rats. The rodents were gathered together, the cats slept in the Sun’s blindness, and the rats rose like the Moon, in the light at the edge of the cheese.
    0 link