Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Don't Click without Reading in this Game Messages in this topic - RSS

Adelaide deBusschet
Adelaide deBusschet

13 days ago
I was going to write a letter to a fellow Londoner when I accidentally scrolled down too fast and signed my resignation letter to the rat-catcher profession. This was a day before my payment. I cannot express what I'm feeling right now through anything that isn't a facepalm. Does anyone else have similar stories of misclicking you've had in Fallen London?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Adelaide%20deBusschet
Adelaide deBusschet, a lady of high society.

Feel free to send me any sort of social invites, excluding cats in boxes.
0 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

13 days ago
Ouch! That's a nasty bit of misfortune! The worst misclick I've had is in the AoTB, resulting in picking up unwanted CPs for A Turncoat (which is pretty mild, all thing considered). Nevertheless, I have noticed how dangerously positioned Chose a new Profession is. Really, somebody should slip in a confirm-this-choice button for this action.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
+2 link
trajing
trajing

13 days ago
I once accidentally purchased a Starstone Demark with scraps when I meant to pick the 20-scrap chance option. Lost a good portion of the scraps I was trying to grind.

--
Adam Sanzelwicky - http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Adam%20Sanzelwicky
+1 link
Bitty
Bitty

13 days ago
While doing the Mr Pages book quest I meant to let the guy keep the book but the app screwed up and I beat him up for it instead literally rip

--
Main, Heathen(Nemesis)
Aten(Seeker)
Sook(Bag a Legend)

Open to all non-harmful social actions. Not into RP and will respond normally.
+3 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

13 days ago
Adelaide deBusschet wrote:
I was going to write a letter to a fellow Londoner when I accidentally scrolled down too fast and signed my resignation letter to the rat-catcher profession. This was a day before my payment. I cannot express what I'm feeling right now through anything that isn't a facepalm. Does anyone else have similar stories of misclicking you've had in Fallen London?

I have good news, you can still get your ratcatcher's payout!

You get an Earnest of Payment as long as you have a profession. You keep it if you drop your profession, and acquire a new one. Your professional payment is based only on your current profession and having an Earnest of Payment. So you can pick up one of the training professions now, and as long as you draw the Docks card within the next week (lol RNG) you'll be able to get your rats.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak
+4 link
Sir Frederick
Sir Frederick
Administrator

13 days ago
I accidentally resigned from being a Correspondent once. And just this week I spent seven Criminals favours on a useless stat boost because I thought it was the "gain a favour" option.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
+4 link
Tyrconnell
Tyrconnell

13 days ago
I've definitely spent favours on stats I've already maxed when intending to get another favour.

I've also accidentally done the bidding of Mr Wines instead of confessing to F. F. Gebrandt, locking myself out of the most convenient source of Greyfields '68.

And I've discarded opportunity cards that I intended to save more often than I'd like to admit, but that's not a matter of reading. But I only realized the existence of the "A commotion above!" card, since it looks the same as a relicker card that I regularly discard. I may have accidentally tossed it unknowingly a time or two.

--
Tyrconnell, a gentleman and doctor of diverse interests and multifarious proclivities
+1 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

13 days ago
I downloaded that one extension that prevents misclicks entirely so I didn't waste favors on stat boosts.

--
Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
+1 link
gronostaj
gronostaj

13 days ago
Accidentally selling my beloved plant to that horticulturistic villain..... a tragedy.

--
Gronostaj (pl. Ermine), a decadent duellist of mysterious and indistinct gender. Seeker. Willing to die- but not of boredom. Open to all social actions, including the harmful ones.
Soft-Spoken Surgeon, a doctor who owes an onerous debt. Professor of medicine at the University by day, at criminal employ by night. Open to all non-harmful social actions.
+3 link
Kukapetal
Kukapetal

13 days ago
lost all my notability on a misclick upset
+2 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

13 days ago
I don't even want to know how many mood cards I've accidentally discarded.

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Longshanks cat-burglar; Bohemian author; now, perhaps, something more. Bubbly, expressive, and affectionate. It’s not only still waters that run deep.
+1 link
An Individual
An Individual

13 days ago
I’ve accidentally misclicked and traded all my notability for a minor stat boost multiple times. And back when I was doing The Affairs of the Bod grind misclicks forced me to deal with being a Turncoat probably about once a month.

However, my worst misclick was from the early days of the return of Seeking when an attempt to scroll the screen on my tablet result in a click and I accidentally cut my Watchful in half (from 200 to 100) for a single point of Seeking. One should not Seek when one is not fully awake.
edited by An Individual on 12/1/2017

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
+2 link
Shaerys
Shaerys

13 days ago
I accidentally sold the location of the Cave of the Nadir due to some reordering of options on the Urchins card (probably I hit the favour cap and the selling op had moved up to the top). I wasn't intending to sell the secret ever, and ended up selling to the urchins of all folks, one of the lowest payout factions. Plus it changed my 'closest to' in one fell swoop. That was brutal day. A further irony is that I usually have the Cave of the Nadir Protection Stylish script running, but I happened to be travelling and using a tablet at the time which didn't have the protection installed. Ugh. Sometimes finger click-memory is faster than the eye, that is for sure.
edited by Shaerys on 12/1/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Shaerys
Courier's Footprint, pleased to offer introductory Correspondence instruction to Orphans, Urchins, Waifs, Scamps, and other Tatterdemalions.
+3 link
Gallmarch
Gallmarch

13 days ago
Kaijyuu wrote:
I downloaded that one extension that prevents misclicks entirely so I didn't waste favors on stat boosts.

Yep, I strongly recommend the Opportunity Protector (for opportunity cards) and Option Protector (for storylet options) user styles. Between them I've got a desktop Fallen London experience that's so idiot-proof that using my phone is positively nerve-wracking by comparison.

For the sake of completeness for anyone new to these: they're not stand-alone extensions but user styles, so they require a style manager: either Stylus (Chrome, Firefox) or Stylish (Chrome, Firefox). I prefer Stylus but both work.

--
My profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Gallmarch
+2 link
Màiread
Màiread

12 days ago
Most of my misclicks aren't from misreading, but rather from the game hanging on my mobile browser - I've lost mood cards that way, become a turncoat and upconverted instead of side converted items (the worst was losing my first mood the day before I was ready to max my sotc, fortunately I drew another a few days later). I also live in constant fear of accidentally wasting fate on a deck refresh since drawing cards on my mobile often involves lag & repeated tapping to pull the card. Playing any option with a 'cheap' fate choice (menace reduction etc ) makes me so stressed!

The extensions are great but I really wish there was a way to lock one or more opp cards within the game itself or (or like, just make moods undiscardable) and especially a 'turn off fate spending for now' button (maybe spend 5 actions to temporarily gain a quality like 'subject to the whims of fortune' which you 'mustn't have' in order to play fate locked choices) - I almost never play the game on a computer and it would be lovely not to play in a permanent state of mild anxiety. I realise this might reduce people's spontaneous fate purchases so there would be a lot to consider, but I would absolutely love it if they did include such an option.

--
Màiread - Correspondent, composer, lover of cats. Can probably bake you a d__n fine cake.

Useful Links: Traveller's Friend (Progress Tracker & Notability Calculator) | phryne's Guide to Favours & Renown |

Peggy the Nowoman lived to see the Feast. Thank you for the memories, Snow Lady.

I'm happy to accept most social actions except for lethal sparring and loitering suspiciously. Please challenge my plant! Currently seeking calling cards.
+1 link
ochrasy
ochrasy

12 days ago
it wasn't exactly a misclick, but I once deleted my chracter. thankfully FB is awesome and got it back in no time.

--
Ochrasy. Monster-Hunter. Dangerous and Watchful, favors the Constables.
Robitaille. Persuasive and Shadowy, fond of the Devils.
Herr Horst. Seeker of Revenge.
Open to all social actions on all accounts. Preferably, send any MW-providing actions to Ochrasy.
+1 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

12 days ago
ochrasy wrote:
I once deleted my chracter

I have read about many misclicks and misfortunes, and experienced a fair share myself (I have something like a 20% mood card survival rate), but I believe this has to take the cake.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link
Iona Dre'emt
Iona Dre'emt

12 days ago
During Hallowmas I thought I was going for something I didn't already have and now I have two Minacious Union Rats

--
POSI Main, Phiri Ulfur, genderless and mysterious. Their heart belongs to a Pirate-Poet across the Zee.
Mid-Game Alt Vermillion Liminate a semi-independent/morally grey vigilante, seeking the Name.
Mid-Game Alt #2,Lady Jacqueline Blackwood, a charming socialite who always hides her true motives.
Early Game Alt #3, Veracity Taylor a fierce woman with a tragic past and a hunger for justice.

I will accept any and all social actions on Fallen London(unless its a box of live rats. I already got rid of the d---ned things once and I'm not eager to repeat the endeavor.) PLEASE send Phiri anything that will gain them Making Waves. Notability grinding is monstrous.
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

12 days ago
Sir Frederick wrote:
I accidentally resigned from being a Correspondent once. And just this week I spent seven Criminals favours on a useless stat boost because I thought it was the "gain a favour" option.

I did the same, because I'd forgotten that I've received the 40 Favour item for Criminals! Well, you can't play this game for as long as some of us have without some screw-ups, eh?

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

12 days ago
Kukapetal wrote:
lost all my notability on a misclick upset

I've done that too! Threw out Slowcake's Amanuensis instead of bribing him, or being silent (I forget which, now). Sympathy.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link