Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

December Exceptional Story: Steeped in Honey Messages in this topic - RSS

Skinnyman
Skinnyman

11 days ago
Do any actions in this ES affect the dream qualities or any sign of a reward that will do so? smile

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

11 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:
Do any actions in this ES affect the dream qualities or any sign of a reward that will do so? smile

Your dreams are unaffected I believe.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
xKiv
xKiv

11 days ago
BillyCosmos! wrote:

It seems that when the title is already in quotes it won’t echo. I think it’s a data sanitization thing.

It's not sanitization. If you look at the HTML and know how it works, you will instantly recognize incompetence.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
0 link
IgnatuStone
IgnatuStone

11 days ago
I chose to give her up to the honey den and upon reading the other endings it actually seems like a more humane then sending her to the surface.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ignatus~Stone
0 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

11 days ago
IgnatuStone wrote:
I chose to give her up to the honey den and upon reading the other endings it actually seems like a more humane then sending her to the surface.

Errr, being tortured until she finally dies but being able to look at shiny things is kinder than being able to see the sun one last time before death? When people die of sunlight, they seem ecstatically happy.

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
+1 link
Amsfield
Amsfield

10 days ago
What would happens, by the by, if someone were to use their own red honey?
edited by Amsfield on 12/4/2017

--
Amsfield: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Amsfield
A devotee of pleasures intellectual and fleshy. Always fabulously masked.
Honoria Kastern: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Honoria%20Kastern
A hunter, a shooter and a fisher. Also a patriotic busy body. Mildly corrupted.
Maiser: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Maiser
A young firebrand of obviously criminal intent.
Venshik: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Venshik
Not a nice person.
Asmeria: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Asmeria
Quiet, thoughtful and possibly mad. Excellent listener though. Favours grey.
+1 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

10 days ago
I haven't quite read up on the previous posts here to avoid spoiling myself, so apologies if I'm repeating what someone else said, but I have one compliment for this ES already:

[spoiler]You can disguise yourself as an Unfortunate, then back out and go about your normal business while still disguised as an unfortunate. This pleases me greatly. I almost wish I could avoid finishing this story so I could live out my days as an invalid. Or maybe I can, if I take a minute to disguise myself before reporting back? Or would the disguise be cleared at some point?[/spoiler]

Edit: Alright, I've finished the story. I really enjoyed the investigation process, myself. To be certain, is there some way to take the third option about your hypothesis without entering The Chambers? Does vehemently refusing to take the honey grant the evidence perhaps? But would that allow the safe to be opened?

In any case, I have now tasted a certain honey outside of Ambition Nemesis and the Feast of the Rose. I do not expect to do it again. Not even at the Festival.
edited by ReusedNPC on 12/4/2017

--
ReusedNPC, a d__ned lunatic. Send him a cat.

Edmund Viric, a rather dreamy sort.

Available for Enigma enquiries.
0 link
Felicity Anne Stratford
Felicity Anne Stratford

9 days ago
I just finished this story and I want to add my own kudos! While I would have enjoyed a little more interaction with the main protagonist at the beginning of the story, I did find myself (and my character) caring about my choices and being careful to try to make the right one. In the end, my Felicity decided on the most compassionate choice in her eyes, and I am content with that.

The way the story progressed was also really good and I liked how it all worked! I did have a thought at the end of it - wouldn't it be nice to have a storylet at our lodgings where we could check up on those we had encountered before? It could be something really simple that could change whenever desired - no rewards necessary. Something like "Such and such is delighted to see you again and invites you in to tea. She assures you that she is finding ways to cope with her situation now that her life is more settled." I would definitely click on it from time to time just to get a warm feeling!

--
Looking for a roleplay partner with potential for Simone and maybe for Felicity. All genders considered.

Felicity Anne Stratford is a Correspondent and delighted to visit Orphanages or Salons or be interviewed! Scientific correspondence greatly appreciated. Please no Seeking or Photographer.

Simone Beaufort is a Midnighter and pleased to visit Orphanages or Salons or be interviewed! No Seeking or Photographer.
0 link
James Sinclair
James Sinclair

9 days ago
Felicity Anne Stratford wrote:
The way the story progressed was also really good and I liked how it all worked! I did have a thought at the end of it - wouldn't it be nice to have a storylet at our lodgings where we could check up on those we had encountered before? It could be something really simple that could change whenever desired - no rewards necessary. Something like "Such and such is delighted to see you again and invites you in to tea. She assures you that she is finding ways to cope with her situation now that her life is more settled." I would definitely click on it from time to time just to get a warm feeling!

It's always a particularly delicious when an Exceptional Story makes some kind of small but permanent change or addition to the game. Then, whenever you see it, you can be reminded of that story. For example, 'Cut With Moonlight' and 'HOJOTOHO!' can potentially add storylets to the Society and Urchin faction cards, which always bring a smile to my face when I see them. Or how I can revisit Tanah-Chook and Apis Meet after playing through 'All Things Must End' and 'Flint'.

Of course, if every story added something to the game, it might get a little crowded after a while! But when it does happen, it is IMO one of the best things about being an Exceptional Friend.

--
James Sinclair, a man of many interests and a singular goal.

A fully-fledged rêveur of The Night Circus.

Wines is red
Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow
+3 link
ValentinV
ValentinV

7 days ago
I'm going to add my voice in praise of the current ES. Much like "The Heart, the Devil and the Zee" it's one that does not rely on worldchanging lore (except maybe revealing some specifics about red honey to those yet unfamiliar with it) but its strong focus on the central character and excellent writing make it emotionally powerful, even though most people can probably see the resolution coming in advance. Where the story really shines for me is the mechanics and the way the writing supports it. Even if the actual options are fairly limited it still felt like I was putting the Vagabond's story together through some actual snooping (something sorely missing from, say "The Twelve-Fifteen...") and even if it took me a few more actions as I was doublechecking if I got everything I'm here for the stories so I'm perfectly fine trading a bit more time for high quality material.
0 link
HaganeNoAnna
HaganeNoAnna

6 days ago
I think I've messed up somehow.

When I wanted to break the red honey I ran out of energy and drank a coffee, but that sent me outside and now I cannot return to the honey den because my only option in there is
"Return to the Withered Vagabond
There is nothing more you can do here."

I investigated the other places, but now there is nothing left to do. My Moment of Lucidity storylet is empty and all 3 places say "There is nothing more you can learn here."

Is this a bug or did I do something wrong/am I not seeing something obvious?

Edit: I see someone had a similar experience, I will send a bug report.
edited by HaganeNoAnna on 12/7/2017
0 link