Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

On the Use of Horsehead Amulets Messages in this topic - RSS

Yang Yang
Yang Yang

28 days ago
I recall seeing a thread regarding the use of horsehead amulets. Specifically, a lethal sparring bout leads to instant wounds 8, and those who engage in pastimes would welcome the option to not use these implements given the opportunity. At least one Londoner mentioned that they were able to skip their amulet and go straight to the boatman. Unfortunately, after I lost a sparring bout, one of my horsehead amulets disappeared. Thus, I was wondering, does anyone know whether the option to disregard the amulets was ever implemented or will be implemented? I would love to save them for a more unfortunate and unplanned trip to the dark river.

--
A somewhat eccentric, somewhat intellectual, somewhat larcenous fellow.

A leopard in the shadows. Check you pockets, and stay away from the alleys.
0 link
dov
dov

28 days ago
I've recently confirmed that when Wounds get to 8, the Horse head Amulet triggers automatically. There's no option to opt out.

However, note that when Wounds reach 8, but *before going back to your Storylet tab*, you can still go to your inventory to drink a Tincture is Vigor, or to your Messages tab to accept a pending healing offer.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+2 link
 Saklad
Saklad

9 days ago
Wait, seriously‽ They didn’t change it‽ I was the one who asked for it and started the thread, and they said the change was made. I haven’t actually acquired another Horsehead Amulet since then (they’re rare little bastards), so I haven’t been able to see it myself.

--
Saklad5, a man of many talents
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

9 days ago
Well, that post was made the same day you made the thread. When did they say it was changed?

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Responding to Christmas Cards with Cider for the holidays! Fogscape with Tentacles and Beguiling Predatory Vegetable preferred.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
dov
dov

9 days ago
It's definitely not changed as of a couple of days ago.

It happens. I've once reported a bug, got a reply that it got fixed, and then encountered it again. I reported it and FBG said that apparently the fix wasn't saved correctly by mistake. It was fine after that. Maybe it's something similar here.

Do you have their response in which they told you it got changed? Perhaps you should reply to than and let them know it didn't.

--
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Rostygold
Rostygold

7 days ago
It has not been implemented in any way. The Amulets will trigger.

If you really need to get on the boat, the best bet is still Heart's mirror in Mrs. Plenty's Carnival - that's easier than trying to accumulate Wounds.
0 link