Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Fallen London Questions, 13/11/2017 Messages in this topic - RSS

Sir Frederick
Sir Frederick
Administrator

10 days ago
Hey folks! Here's this week's thread for short questions.

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
0 link
Suhe Gul
Suhe Gul

10 days ago
so if I mixed the dates like an idiot and Mr huffam left without an interview for me, is there anything I can do or is it gone forever. I have a felling that it is gone but doesnt hurt to ask.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/suhe%20gul
I am open to social actions except affluent photographer and loitering.
If you need anything I can get my hands on and willing to send me surprise package(s) in return, I can help you with that.
Correspondent and willing to make orphanage calls.
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

10 days ago
You're doomed upset
+2 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

10 days ago
Now that I'm getting a good look at the new (not really) Hallowmas option on One's Public, I really want to know what all the quality names are. You know, for the different levels. I don't suppose anybody's been keeping track of them? Because they stretch below the bottom of the screen.

--
ReusedNPC, a d__ned lunatic. Send him a cat.

Edmund Viric, a rather dreamy sort.

Available for Enigma enquiries.
0 link
dov
dov

10 days ago
Reused NPC wrote:
Now that I'm getting a good look at the new (not really) Hallowmas option on One's Public, I really want to know what all the quality names are.

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Unexpurgated_Gazette:_Hallowmas_Edition_of_1895

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

10 days ago
Previous week's questions are closed, but re. royal blue feathers: one was also awarded through a code about a year ago on the occasion of a launch (or maybe in the Advent calendar?)

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
0 link
dov
dov

10 days ago
Meradine Heidenreich wrote:
Previous week's questions are closed, but re. royal blue feathers: one was also awarded through a code about a year ago on the occasion of a launch (or maybe in the Advent calendar?)

The Advent calendar's reward are all recorded on the wiki, and no reference to the Royal Blue Feathers.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Lady Jen Black
Lady Jen Black

10 days ago
This may be silly, but can someone explain what happened to the Acclaimed Beauty? I'm reading it as having been related to the whole Red Honey thing in Nemesis. And does... whatever he did to get his looks back... have anything to do with how a certain someone may go from needle-handed monster to normal human if you make a certain choice? Because if that's the case, I'm not so sure I want to court him anymore...

--
Lady Jen Black - Appearance - Backstory - MBTI - Song - Portrait - RP Directory
Accepting calling cards. Please send one
0 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

10 days ago
@ dov
Was it the launch of the mobile version possibly? Or of the zub expansion pack? I have half a dozen of them along with other deep sea bits and bobs, as I'm sure you have, too.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
0 link
dov
dov

10 days ago
Meradine Heidenreich wrote:
@ dov
Was it the launch of the mobile version possibly? Or of the zub expansion pack? I have half a dozen of them along with other deep sea bits and bobs, as I'm sure you have, too.

I have a few, but I think mostly from spending Fate to get random things from the sack last Christmas.

I guess these could also have come from an access code - those aren't always documented in the wiki.

--
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

10 days ago
Lady Jen Black wrote:
This may be silly, but can someone explain what happened to the Acclaimed Beauty? I'm reading it as having been related to the whole Red Honey thing in Nemesis. And does... whatever he did to get his looks back... have anything to do with how a certain someone may go from needle-handed monster to normal human if you make a certain choice? Because if that's the case, I'm not so sure I want to court him anymore...

If I remember correctly his story has more to do with Flute Street and the things down there. I'm pretty sure that there wasn't anything to do with Red Honey, but it is a long time since I left Court and I'm sure that there are details that I don't recall.

--
ciel

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome though loitering might be inconvenient at times. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
Tay1or
Tay1or

9 days ago
For my main character and alts who finished the Dilmun story before the upgrade, the new card popped right up asap. But for an alt that only just finished and got to Associating with Radical Academics 5, I can't seem to find Return to the Dilmun Club anywhere. The wiki doesn't make it clear how I get there--it mentions an inbox, but I don't have any messages about it. How do I go from 5 to 6 or 7? Am I looking for a card?

Something else curious--I got kicked out of court, sent to the Foreign Office, did enough turns as governor to be restored to court, then when I get back, it says I have no route to Wilmot's End. How did I do that?
edited by Tay1or on 11/14/2017
0 link
Tyrconnell
Tyrconnell

9 days ago
1. It's a living story. It takes real-world time. A day or two, I think.

2. That sounds like fodder for a bug report.

--
Tyrconnell, a gentleman and doctor of diverse interests and multifarious proclivities
+1 link
Tay1or
Tay1or

9 days ago
OK, thanks! I'll probably just do the comprehensive bribe to get the route--almost there now.
0 link
Shaerys
Shaerys

9 days ago
Does a Fine Piece reset when you Put to Zee? I seem to recall that Inspired does. Thanks!
edited by Shaerys on 11/15/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Shaerys
Courier's Footprint, pleased to offer introductory Correspondence instruction to Orphans, Urchins, Waifs, Scamps, and other Tatterdemalions.
0 link
Harlocke
Harlocke

9 days ago
I'm finally preparing to get exiled from court, after dallying there for years. Is the fate locked tidbit about the Veteran Privy Counselor's reasons for exiling you worth paying the 8 fate? Also, after you return, is anything locked off that you could do before? Can you write the same books and everything that you could before (in addition to the new ones)? I'm sort of tempted to write 77 allegorical satires, if I can still keep working at that project after my exile is over. And is there anything else I should know or prepare for before embracing exile?
edited by Harlocke on 11/15/2017

--
I welcome social actions, and can visit your salon as an author.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Harlocke
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

9 days ago
Harlocke wrote:
I'm finally preparing to get exiled from court, after dallying there for years. Is the fate locked tidbit about the Veteran Privy Counselor's reasons for exiling you worth paying the 8 fate? Also, after you return, is anything locked off that you could do before? Can you write the same books and everything that you could before (in addition to the new ones)? I'm sort of tempted to write 77 allegorical satires, if I can still keep working at that project after my exile is over. And is there anything else I should know or prepare for before embracing exile?
edited by Harlocke on 11/15/2017

Not worth it, and you can write all the same things as before plus the new options.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Tay1or
Tay1or

9 days ago
Tyrconnell wrote:
1. It's a living story. It takes real-world time. A day or two, I think.

2. That sounds like fodder for a bug report.

You were correct--showed up in my inbox at last! Thanks!
0 link
Anchovies
Anchovies

9 days ago
Harlocke wrote:
I'm finally preparing to get exiled from court, after dallying there for years. Is the fate locked tidbit about the Veteran Privy Counselor's reasons for exiling you worth paying the 8 fate?
No, no, no, no. No. The only substance to it is that the VPC has almost certainly done the whole "get an up-and-coming artist banished" thing before. The free watchful-challenge option has many times more depth and quality. Failbetter did not deserve the $2 I spent on the fate option to investigate the counselor, and they don't deserve your $2 for it either.

edit: as for whether any works become unavailable, all of the regular options are still there when you return to court. However, you will only ever be able to produce one of the several possible banishment-provoking operas; opera is an option for players restored to court, but with different and less provocative choices. If your ambition is Heart's Desire, one of the banishment options will advance your ambition, give some very good story text, and spare you considerable expense.
edited by Anchovies on 11/15/2017

--
Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God — but to create Him.
—Sir Arthur C Clarke

Lionel Anchovies. Most social actions welcome. Always open to some delicious roleplaying. Please no betrayals, photographer, or lethal sparring. My Time, the Healer arrives on Saturdays at 14:30 GMT
+1 link
DonaghyLogan
DonaghyLogan

8 days ago
Does returning to court lock out any of the old composition options, or should I feel compelled to write my vast collection of Gothic novels before I get kicked?

--
http://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/DonaghyLogan - An eccentric, ambitious professor with a quite frankly unreasonable number of pets
0 link