Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Fallen London Reworks: Dilmun Club Messages in this topic - RSS

Skinnyman
Skinnyman

17 days ago
dov wrote:
How about this for EPA calculations?

Let's ignore card-based things, like Favours:
  • Buy 4 x Winsome Dispossessed Urchins (cost: 259.20 echoes)
  • Convert to 100 x Tribute (cost: 4 actions)
  • Claim 5 x boon over at the Court of the Wakeful Eye (gain: 312.5 echoes; cost: 20 actions)

Total echoes gain: 312.5 - 259.20 = 53.30 echoes
Total action cost: 24
Total EPA: 2.22

So, theoretically, if you invest enough money and actions into this it will compensate for the action cost of the two-way zee trip (and being away from London). Unlike Favours, there's no dependency on RNG and there's no Tribute cap.

Any mistakes I've made?

Not sure about the mechanics, but if these are true you can use this script (run it in Dev tool's console; F12). Just modify the first two variables with your desired EPA and the approximate number of AP required for trip (and anything else).

var tripAP = 60,
targetEPA = 2.3,

input = 259.2,
output = 312.5,
dif = output - input,
AP = 24,

EPA = dif / (AP + tripAP),
rounds = 0,
totalAP = AP + tripAP;

if(targetEPA < 2.22) {
while(EPA < targetEPA) {
rounds++;
EPA = (dif * rounds) / (AP * rounds + tripAP)
}
console.log(rounds + ' rounds (' + (AP * rounds + tripAP) + ' AP) are needed to achieve an EPA of biger than ' + targetEPA + ' (' + EPA.toFixed(3) + ').You need ' + (input * rounds).toFixed(2) + ' E (' + (rounds * 4) + ' Winsome Dispossessed Urchins) to yield ' + (dif * rounds).toFixed(2) + ' extra E');
} else {
console.log('Your targetEPA must be lower than 2.22!')
}

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

16 days ago
So in 30 rounds, you'll achieve an EPA of 2.05 (beyond which diminishing returns seem to kick in really hard), requiring an initial investment in Urchins of 7776E (so close!). Neat!

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link
Jules Asimov
Jules Asimov

16 days ago
So just to be clear, do you need 720 total to get them all, or 720 additional to the 80, therefore 800.

--
fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jules~Asimov~
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

16 days ago
Jules Asimov wrote:
So just to be clear, do you need 720 total to get them all, or 720 additional to the 80, therefore 800.

In addition to the 80.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Tay1or
Tay1or

16 days ago
Actually, I think you need 880 if you also want to have tea with all of them on your visit.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

16 days ago
Dudebro Pyro wrote:
So in 30 rounds, you'll achieve an EPA of 2.05 (beyond which diminishing returns seem to kick in really hard), requiring an initial investment in Urchins of 7776E (so close!). Neat!

Yes, but I never bothered to check how many AP does a Zee trip costs so i just added 60. If someone has an average, be kind and share it!

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
0 link
dov
dov

16 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:
Dudebro Pyro wrote:

Yes, but I never bothered to check how many AP does a Zee trip costs so i just added 60. If someone has an average, be kind and share it!

Zee trips also have another variable in that you can invest cartography items in advance to greatly shorten the trip (but then you need to take into account the cost of acquiring said items).

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

15 days ago
Not really criticism, just an observation: it felt mildly odd picking from the options on our thoughts about death, since all of them seemed like something I might suggest. No option felt comfortable, but I suppose that was most likely the point. Though, I'm unsure why any learnt Londoner would look forward to death. [spoiler]Knowing what we know, that death is a fragmentation/digestion of the self by callus gods that sends what's left to suffer on a weary dark isle just a fall from slipping into watery oblivion, death sounds like literal hell.[/spoiler] So excuse me, Minister of Enigmas and Culture, but unless you plan on shoring up in Parabola forever or want to join me for a self-destructive dip in the River, I think I prefer being alive and miserable over being dead and moderately more miserable.
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 11/8/2017

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
+1 link
Koenig
Koenig

14 days ago
So is acquiring our new Tiger friends the farthest that this story goes so far?

--

Koenig: Extraordinary. Invisible. Shattering. Legendary.

0 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

14 days ago
So far, yes.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

14 days ago
Ι honestly hope there is a story to go with Dilmun club. Carnelian etc are fine carousels, and the tigers are by all means a well-written grind. However, I am curious as to if there will be an adventure at the end, something happening instead of simply exploring. NOt that this would be inadequate, of course.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, permanently ink stained under the lace... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+2 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

13 days ago
Jolanda Swan wrote:
Ι honestly hope there is a story to go with Dilmun club. Carnelian etc are fine carousels, and the tigers are by all means a well-written grind. However, I am curious as to if there will be an adventure at the end, something happening instead of simply exploring. NOt that this would be inadequate, of course.

Almost certainly. In some dev commentary, Alexis said that a big justification for writing something as big as Flint was that a lot of the content could be adapted for use in other stories, specifically mentioning the Elder Continent expedition as something for the Dilmun Club.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+2 link
Pnakotic
Pnakotic

13 days ago
So, this was a neat little vignette, and I'm very happy to see more added to the Dilmun Club story. I also really like the tigers.

However, on returning to London did anyone else find their deck bugged? Currently I have -2147483508 cards waiting.

--
J. Ward Dunn, Glassman

Book of All Hours 9:99: Journey's end in lover's meeting. Progress is ascendancy.
0 link
Omega8520
Omega8520

12 days ago
That's a known(ish) bug. It normally comes from Seeking. Entering a flash lay or the pickpockets promenade should sort the deck out.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Omega8520
A Correspondent of measure and restraint, not-withstanding a tendancy to rush into things.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Menacing%20Seeker
Northwards with Noman. At least they'll have company.
+1 link
Pnakotic
Pnakotic

11 days ago
Omega8520 wrote:
That's a known(ish) bug. It normally comes from Seeking. Entering a flash lay or the pickpockets promenade should sort the deck out.

Thank you, that seems to have fixed it.

--
J. Ward Dunn, Glassman

Book of All Hours 9:99: Journey's end in lover's meeting. Progress is ascendancy.
+1 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

11 days ago
I'm currently loading off a shipment of orphans as tribute to a better life in Court. Once I get to setting to zee, though, would it be better to spend supplies (of which I already have) to make the trip faster? Or would I increase my EPA by just taking the time to sail there normally? I'm assuming the cost of 15 echoes would be cheaper than using up precious actions, but I've never been one for math.

--

0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

11 days ago
It will also depend on your vessel. For example the yacht has some profitable actions along the way, which you might miss if you spend supplies.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, permanently ink stained under the lace... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

10 days ago
Jolanda Swan wrote:
It will also depend on your vessel. For example the yacht has some profitable actions along the way, which you might miss if you spend supplies.

Well, I do have the yacht, so I'd be missing out on some easy cash. Specifically, 2.9 echoes worth on the "Invite them aboard for a party" card and 1.62 for the "Zailing in style" card, plus whatever I can scrounge from the regular cards. Assuming I get those cards regularly from the deck, I could make a tidy profit from not using maps and Zee-Stories to make the trip quicker.

On a side note, I currently have 318 (though I'm only using 317) Winsome Dispossessed Orphans and 2535 Tribute, adding up to a total Tribute of 10460 with 9740 left over after gaining the other 3 tiger ministers. With 4 actions per every 20 points of Tribute for a profit of 62.5 echoes worth, it'll take 1948 actions or a minimum of 13.5 days at the Court to make a profit of 30437.5 echoes in items. Not counting my Tribute and the actions used to get it prior to buying my Winsome Dispossessed Orphans, it'll take a total of 2352 actions for a gross EPA of roughly 12.94 per action and a net EPA of 2.17 per action (orphans are hecking expensive). This isn't counting in actions and echoes from zee travel, which could raise or lower the EPA depending on luck of the draw and the use of the yacht. Overall, not a bad grind at all.
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 11/14/2017

--

0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

10 days ago
Sir Joseph Marlen wrote:
On a side note, I currently have 318 (though I'm only using 317) Winsome Dispossessed Orphans and 2535 Tribute, adding up to a total Tribute of 10460 with 9740 left over after gaining the other 3 tiger ministers. With 4 actions per every 20 points of Tribute for a profit of 62.5 echoes worth, it'll take 1948 actions or a minimum of 13.5 days at the Court to make a profit of 30437.5 echoes in items. Not counting my Tribute and the actions used to get it prior to buying my Winsome Dispossessed Orphans, it'll take a total of 2352 actions for a gross EPA of roughly 12.94 per action and a net EPA of 2.17 per action (orphans are hecking expensive). This isn't counting in actions and echoes from zee travel, which could raise or lower the EPA depending on luck of the draw and the use of the yacht. Overall, not a bad grind at all.
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 11/14/2017

Didn't play this story yet, but Dov's math (last post on previous page) seem to be more accurate. Add your average AP "wasted" on Zee, insert it in the script at the top of the page and there! smile You will be missing the nice London cards, but I think this grind is well worth it specially if you need those damn expensive (and not anymore rare) items!
If you want to be accurate about your AP on Zee you can take some notes on your cost, E gain, convert E to negative AP (in this case it may be the target EPA), sum those two and get your total zee trip cost. smile

--
0 link
dov
dov

10 days ago
Of course, when zee travel is concerned there are many variables.

E.g. if you combine the trip with Port Carnelian it can be *very* profitable:

- The journey to the Court of the Wakeful Eye is only one additional zee trip, not two.

- Cycles in Port Carnelian can now give you 5 x Tribute (if siding with the Tigers).
edited by dov on 11/14/2017

--
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link