Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Skies

For the discussion of our next game, coming 2018.

Feedback Gathering: Character Creation Messages in this topic - RSS

illuminati swag (Benthic)

19 days ago
Most of my thoughts on this were the points others stated above, but one thing that nobody else seems to have mentioned: can we get a Rubbery option? We can be clay as it is, so I would love to have an option to be rubber as well. (I am assuming that an option to make your captain a fluke is entirely off the table. If that assumption is correct, it is an understandable if disappointing design decision; if not, then, well.)
+2 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

19 days ago
illuminati swag (Benthic) wrote:
Most of my thoughts on this were the points others stated above, but one thing that nobody else seems to have mentioned: can we get a Rubbery option? We can be clay as it is, so I would love to have an option to be rubber as well. (I am assuming that an option to make your captain a fluke is entirely off the table. If that assumption is correct, it is an understandable if disappointing design decision; if not, then, well.)

Oh, no, I like this idea! Or how about at least rubbery bits? Like the bits you can pick up in Flute Street.

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
+1 link

19 days ago
MidnightVoyager wrote:
illuminati swag (Benthic) wrote:

Oh, no, I like this idea! Or how about at least rubbery bits? Like the bits you can pick up in Flute Street.

I was thinking of this as being one of the Outfits that takes up the whole character, but a peculiar personal enhancement as an option compatible with wearing some semblance of normal clothes is also a good idea!
+2 link
Nicole Charade
Nicole Charade

17 days ago
I'd also like some more feminine options.

I really like being able to choose my background, then refine it further, but was wondering if you'd consider adding Ringbreaker to the Urchin background or Mycologene School to the poet?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NicoleSPACESYMBOLCharade
Professor Nicole Charde, at your service. Correspondent, lady of adventure and professional solver of problems. Always happy to exchange research, give lectures on the correspondence and help with reducing Suspicion
0 link
MightyPirate
MightyPirate

17 days ago
I will echo everything else that's been said so far. Being able to click left and right (or use arrow keys) to cycle options would be swell. More options in general would also be peachy, including more feminine options.

In particular, I'd like to see a few more hats. The ones that are there are excellent, but I'm missing a grand be-feathered spectacle like Barbossa's hat from Pirates of the Caribbean. And perhaps something like an aviator's cap, with goggles up or down?
+1 link
FailbetterFuzz
FailbetterFuzz
Administrator

16 days ago
Excellent, excellent, thank you all.

Nicole Charade wrote:

I really like being able to choose my background, then refine it further, but was wondering if you'd consider adding Ringbreaker to the Urchin background or Mycologene School to the poet?

I can make no promises, but you do have my word that I will pass this onto our writing team. It's likely our Narrative Director has got his plans set for the Origins/Histories, but I shall most definitely mention this to him.
+5 link
Nicole Charade
Nicole Charade

16 days ago
FailbetterFuzz wrote:
Excellent, excellent, thank you all.

Nicole Charade wrote:

I can make no promises, but you do have my word that I will pass this onto our writing team. It's likely our Narrative Director has got his plans set for the Origins/Histories, but I shall most definitely mention this to him.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NicoleSPACESYMBOLCharade
Professor Nicole Charde, at your service. Correspondent, lady of adventure and professional solver of problems. Always happy to exchange research, give lectures on the correspondence and help with reducing Suspicion
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

12 days ago
John Moose wrote:

Bigger: it's very cumbersome to have to select the portrait choices from the list by scrolling and clicking. Left and right arrows for scrolling through the options would be much faster, especially since character creation is a thing I'll easily spend ages on fiddling with the smallest detail.

Màiread wrote:
This may be too much work, but I think it would also be easier to remember which face part is which (& quite flavourful!) if the various options had names rather than numbers. There's something charming about the idea of choosing 'The Charleston' or 'The Winsome Derringer' rather than 'Nose 7.'

Mostly agreeing with these, although I'd prefer horizontal rows of thumbnails for the character options - something like this, perhaps?

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
+3 link
Màiread
Màiread

12 days ago
Oh, that's cool. Great idea Estelle!

--
Màiread - Correspondent, composer, lover of cats. Can probably bake you a d__n fine cake.

Useful Links: Traveller's Friend (Progress Tracker & Notability Calculator) | phryne's Guide to Favours & Renown |

Peggy the Nowoman lived to see the Feast. Thank you for the memories, Snow Lady.

I'm happy to accept most social actions except for lethal sparring and loitering suspiciously. Please challenge my plant! Currently seeking calling cards.
0 link
bringroflight
bringroflight

11 days ago
I like the different options available both in terms of the story and also the stat boosts. More options (for the character backgrounds) in general seems like a nice idea but it could get too cumbersome. In terms of the portrait/names, i agree with others that there should be a way to click through rather than scroll. I didnt even realize there were more than 6 options at first.

BTW the hat with all the tentacles is my favorite. I dont think I'm going to ever choose a different one over it.
+1 link