Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

The Ivory Door - A Hallowmas Confession Messages in this topic - RSS

Reused NPC
Reused NPC

8 days ago
gronostaj wrote:

i imagine someone(s) took offense about "the outtakes" (; don't worry, the votings on this forum can be oddly fickle.

If you say so. If something I said did upset someone, my thorough apologies. Perhaps I wasn't the politest there at the beginning.

Incidentally, my second confession's also in this batch, if anyone wants to try and guess it.

--
ReusedNPC, a d__ned lunatic. Send him a cat.

Edmund Viric, a rather dreamy sort.

Available for Enigma enquiries.
+3 link
Daedalus_Falk
Daedalus_Falk

8 days ago
Reused NPC wrote:
If something I said did upset someone, my thorough apologies. Perhaps I wasn't the politest there at the beginning.

It happens to all of us from time to time.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daedalus_Falk

----

For I was hungry, and you gave me rats. I was thirsty, and you gave me rats. I was naked, and you gave me rats. The rodents were gathered together, the cats slept in the Sun’s blindness, and the rats rose like the Moon, in the light at the edge of the cheese.
+1 link
Shy
Shy

8 days ago
Man I like seeing all these confessions. So many of them are super well written and makes me wonder at the characters themselves.

--
Dubheasa: Young woman, invisible eminence, and a lover of cats.
Keilios:Mysteriously gendered individual, quite fond of anything fun, terrible writer.
Sieffre De Sauveterre: Young man, newcomer, just so very lost.
+2 link
Lady Karnstein
Lady Karnstein

8 days ago
Mine has gone up. Won't say precisely when.
edited by Lady Karnstein on 12/6/2017

--
Lady Caroline Karnstein, infamous writer, artist, and courtesan. Unrepentant Invert.
Legendary Charisma, Correspondent, Nocturnal. Thumbfumble Champion 1894
Think I should even be speaking to children? Invite me to your Orphanage!
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Caroline%20Karnstein
0 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

6 days ago
Lady Karnstein wrote:
Mine has gone up. Won't say precisely when.

Well, now I’m intrigued. I’m going to try to guess.

I haven’t RPed with Lady Karnstein (yet - I do have an alt who might be very interested in meeting her), but there is some information on the forums. I’m looking over the past few batches of Confessions, since NPC got his computer working again - in particular, the more elegantly worded ones, assuming that hers would be among them.

Of these, I think I can rule out most of them. “Smooth, steady cursive” had too much truck with Devils and Revolutionaries, and seems to have a Gleam Destiny. “Worse than expected” seems more interested in men than I’d expect Lady K to be. “Execrable” is a Correspondent - but has high Hell Renown. “Fluid, looping” had a daughter, it seems? “Small pink bow” is interested in marrying men. “Overly elaborate” seems, again, too fond of Hell. “Carolingian Miniscule” is implicitly male, and from a monastic rather than aristocratic background.

“Simple, elegant” and “Elegant, flowing” are more straightforward than you implied Lady K’s confession to be.

“Crisp, proper, feminine”: could be. I had thought this to be one of our Lesbian vampires, as I read the “too late” and the “nothing else” to imply that the daughter was dead by the time her father broke down the door. But if I’m wrong about that detail (or if she’s secretly a vampire), the rest of it fits Lady K well enough.

“Typewrit”: a possibility. It comes from an artist, and may imply that the composer gained the Backstage destiny from A Silvered Future. And Lady K is known to be fond of Paris. I think this one is my best guess.

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Longshanks cat-burglar; Bohemian author; now, perhaps, something more. Bubbly, expressive, and affectionate. It’s not only still waters that run deep.
+4 link
Slyblue
Slyblue

6 days ago
She was my father’s woman. And she deceived him. I watched her, night after night - oh, and mid-morning and mid-afternoon, too. I never told him. How could I tell him? How could I bear to break his heart?
When he finally learned, and left her … I took vengeance. I seduced her and betrayed her. I thought that would be just. Now I think that it was needlessly cruel. But there’s more. I wondered then, and I still do: did I really just want her for myself?

Wait, mid-morning and mid-afternoon too? Such a naughty girl, Tanith.

I sought vengeance where the fallen did not want it and in doing so became someone they would not recognize. I destroyed lives without regard for the suffering so inflicted, even though I was aware of it. And were I given a chance to redo these decisions, I know I would make most of them again.

#NoRegrets, Lady Alyssana style.

--
The Smiling Violinist The Curt Licentiate The Dreamless Truth-Seeker

"For hearts of truest mettle, absence doth join and Time doth settle."
+1 link
Lady Karnstein
Lady Karnstein

6 days ago
ah, Typewrit was a good guess, but not Caroline. Given the flattering amount of thought you have put here, I will say it is your second guess.

You seem to know Caroline well smile Feel free to have your alt drop a card by for coffee. Would be happy to chat IC.

--
Lady Caroline Karnstein, infamous writer, artist, and courtesan. Unrepentant Invert.
+2 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

6 days ago
Slyblue wrote:

Wait, mid-morning and mid-afternoon too? Such a naughty girl, Tanith.

Who's the naughty one? I'm talking about stakeout duty! I spent weeks making detailed records of your infidelities! I have graphs!

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Longshanks cat-burglar; Bohemian author; now, perhaps, something more. Bubbly, expressive, and affectionate. It’s not only still waters that run deep.
+1 link
Caroline Augusta Baroness Aubrecker
Caroline Augusta Baroness Aubrecker

6 days ago
Daedalus_Falk wrote:
My confession's in this batch, actually. I'll see if anyone can guess it.

My guess:

in elegant flowing script

because, we had that talk about art and I remember what Daedalus said quiet well.

And if he delivered this work to Mr. Pages, this would haunt him - I am sure it would.
Am I right?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Caroline%20Augusta%20Baroness%20Aubrecker
Be judge yourself, I'll bring it to the test,/
Which is the basest creature, man or beast/
With teeth and claws, by nature armed, they hunt/
Nature's allowance, to supply their want./
But man, with smiles, embraces. friendships. Praise,/
Inhumanely his fellow's life betrays
+1 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

6 days ago
Lady Karnstein wrote:
ah, Typewrit was a good guess, but not Caroline. Given the flattering amount of thought you have put here, I will say it is your second guess.

You seem to know Caroline well smile Feel free to have your alt drop a card by for coffee. Would be happy to chat IC.

Hey, at least I came close! And thanks, I'll be in touch IC.

--
0 link
Daedalus_Falk
Daedalus_Falk

6 days ago
Caroline Augusta Baroness Aubrecker wrote:
Daedalus_Falk wrote:
My confession's in this batch, actually. I'll see if anyone can guess it.

My guess:

in elegant flowing script

because, we had that talk about art and I remember what Daedalus said quiet well.

And if he delivered this work to Mr. Pages, this would haunt him - I am sure it would.
Am I right?

You are correct!

I stand by my assertion: Pages is a detestable villain, worse even than Eaten. At least Eaten allows you to choose whether or not to throw your life's work down a bl___dy well - Pages denies you any such choice at all.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daedalus_Falk

----

For I was hungry, and you gave me rats. I was thirsty, and you gave me rats. I was naked, and you gave me rats. The rodents were gathered together, the cats slept in the Sun’s blindness, and the rats rose like the Moon, in the light at the edge of the cheese.
+1 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

6 days ago
Alright, so I have a few change points of Heartless I need to dispense of. So, apologies (again) to Lady Sapho Byron, who I was a little overly harsh to before the last batch. I know apologies have been made and forgivenesses dispensed, but I figured I'd bring it up again where it can be seen so people don't get the idea that I was just sorta okay with how I acted.

On another note, I'll add that the Jack confession from the last batch was another one of mine.

On to the final batch of confessions...
The first two had something different going on with the formatting. I'll put the entire message, formatting and all, in the quote.

In even, neat, and controlled handwriting, as if it were just a laundry list or a note about a work meeting:
Four Addresses. Four Dates. Followed by a short note "I once intended for it to happen. The other times it was the heat of the moment. But no matter what the deed is done and I have to live with that. No matter what I do this is on my soul." The handwriting becomes slightly less composed. "I think I can live with that." A look through back pages of the gazette finds a report on the murder of a young man in his parlor at one of the listed addresses on the matching date. The other dates yield no such luck.

In small, extremely precise calligraphy, penned with a steady hand armed with a fiendishly sharp nib:
The immaculately white paper holds a black-inked confession of a surgeon, describing in stark, fortright terms his appropriation of medical knowledge for dishonest use.
Though he makes an effort not to reveal the identities of his criminal patron or patrons, and skirts around the words "torture" and "murder", his terse comment on "keeping them alive while what's left of them could fit into a small bucket" carries enough bitterness to unearth an underlying regret. One wrong choice of allegiances in the past, and now hands meant to heal are expected to wound instead.

The next two slipped through the cracks while doing the last batch.

In horrible handwriting (just AWFUL) (their words, not mine!):
im in debt to an enemy of the cause and have to repay

I'll keep the description verbatim for this one. "The writing is rough and wobbly, made by someone with only passing familiarity with the written word, and spelling best described as "creative". The strokes of the pen dig deeply into the paper."
Had a chance at a mum. Coulda accepted. Didn't. Sometimes I wonder what it woulda been like.

This one's an out-of-character one. In mundane... well, typing, I suppose it would be:
In a fate-locked story about the Wry Functionary, at some point the game says "if you fail this check, the things will end badly for him". I made an alt account with zero Dangerous and replayed it just to see if Failbetter really kills him if you fail there.

This next one... honestly slipped through the cracks of the majority the previous days due to how small it was. I've only just noticed it. Sorry! Anyhow, in blocky handwriting:
I don't know if I can choose between the Morning or the Evening

And in contrast to that... well, just look at it. Our final confession, in loose, somewhat difficult to read handwriting, with some unnecessary serifs (a common quirk in those who deal with the Correspondence):
The boss had me smuggling diamonds in under Mr. Stones's snout. It was easy work - just slip them in as the cheap paste-diamond stuff, get them to the warehouse before the constables could look too closely, and boom! Tariff free diamonds! Of course, even the cheapest hunk of rock is shinier and prettier than the fakes. In the end, I couldn't help it if a few of them made their way into my pockets. I was never stupid about it. Well, I was as smart about it as I could be, considering I was ripping off my own boss. I'd swipe two or three out of them from every shipment, and hide them in my sleeves. I thought I was getting away with it, too, until I heard some of the girls gossiping when they thought they were alone.
I'd heard that the Cheery Man would cut your fingers off if you stole from him. I wasn't planning on finding out what the boss would do, so I hid my little stash in a rat hole in B____'s room. Most of the girls hate L. B.'s, and B____ was the boss's pet, so I figured it'd be safest there. Early the next morning, I heard a racket out in the hallway like a rubbery man being murdered. Two of the boss's enforcers were dragging B____ screaming down the hallway, and at the end of the hall I saw the boss's silhouette against the lamps. I should've said something. Fessed up. But instead, I just stood there like a slack jawed idiot until the boss told me in a voice that would freeze a drownie's heart that I needed to get back to bed. I saw B____ a year later. I was walking along the river front, waiting for a shipment of 'walking canes' when B____ floated past me. She was bobbing up and down and singing along to the drownie chorus. She still looked like B____. Well, except she was green. And she tried to drag me into the water, too which wasn't like B____. She'd been afraid of the water ever since a drownie tried to drag her off the docks. Yeah, that was probably one of the stupidest things I've done. If it weren't for the boss, I'd still be stuck avoiding the White-And-Golds in the Shadow, or worse yet, trying not to get eaten by tigers in Port Carnelian. She'd always worked me hard, but she worked everyone hard, too. And after all she did for me, I thanked her by ripping her off. And B____ could be an ungrateful b---h - she'd tease me in front of the others when I brought her smuggled love poetry, and she always blamed me if the kumis was missing. But she was always so patient with the new girls, and she could be a riot when she was drunk. She was the last person that deserved to end up as a drownie. I still see her now and then, and she always smiles at me. That part of it hurts worse than her trying to drag me under. I can understand her hating me, but I can't understand her smiling at me.

So yeah... That's it. Thank you all for your confessions, and for tuning in to the regular updates, and having patience when they stopped being regular for a couple of weeks. You can expect this to fire up again next Hallowmas, and honestly, if I don't do this next year, chances are good someone else will. So, be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.

--

+7 link
gronostaj
gronostaj

6 days ago
thank you for doing this! It must've been some work, but i think it paid off marvellously; it was a really flavourful Hallowmas this year

--
Gronostaj (pl. Ermine), a decadent duellist of mysterious and indistinct gender. Seeker. Willing to die- but not of boredom. Open to all social actions, including the harmful ones.
Soft-Spoken Surgeon, a doctor who owes an onerous debt. Professor of medicine at the University by day, at criminal employ by night. Open to all non-harmful social actions.
0 link
Lady Karnstein
Lady Karnstein

6 days ago
Thank you for doing this. I found the confessions to be a great deal of fun!

--
+1 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

6 days ago
Yes, thank you for doing this. I enjoyed it. Perhaps a little too much!

--
+2 link
Kukapetal
Kukapetal

6 days ago
wait, Fleshy's confession never got posted. Did it not make the cut because it was too silly?
0 link
shylarah
shylarah

6 days ago
Doc came perilously close to being a healer that was forced to do harm. He's glad he avoided that.

Oh look I see Angie!

And yes, you have found Alys. Only it's not no regrets -- it's knowing that whatever she did, she was going to regret something, and she really had no acceptable (to herself, at least) alternative.
edited by shylarah on 12/8/2017

--
Lady of Cold Steel, Lady of the Flit -- Lady Alyssana Grey
Whatever it takes, I shall succeed. There is only forward.
They say: Don't let the pretty face fool you. She is clever, she is dangerous, and she is not afraid.

Alt:
Nikki, leading the constables on merry chases across London at every available opportunity. It's not a good robbery if you didn't get chased.
WHEE~!
They say: A cat burglar with a penchant for pranks and a thirst for excitement, she dives headlong into every adventure that comes her way. Mostly harmless.
0 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

6 days ago
Kukapetal wrote:
wait, Fleshy's confession never got posted. Did it not make the cut because it was too silly?

Oh, I know which one that was. I think that might have actually been the case, I remember dismissing one of the early ones as someone just trying to be troll-ey instead of an actual character response... My bad? It's not in the spreadsheet anymore, so I can't exactly retrieve it to add in, unfortunately.

--

0 link
Kukapetal
Kukapetal

6 days ago
No worries, I guess that's just the risk I take for choosing to RP as a Psycho Bandit wink
0 link
Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

6 days ago
You could always post it here under your own name.
Also, Dirae Erinyes confession was in the last batch.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dirae~Erinyes
+1 link