Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

The Ivory Door - A Hallowmas Confession Messages in this topic - RSS

shylarah
shylarah

11 days ago
Yes, that's me. Right, shameful story time!

[spoiler] When I was a young shy, I first found the wonders of online things in elementary school, but I didn't join any sites until sixth grade: Neopets. Back then I hadn't started playing videogames, so I used words for my username (dragonsdance, I think?) and name-names (though made up ones) for my pets. Shylarah was a shoyru, chosen because of the initial sound.

From there she turned into a (separate) rp character, coming to mean an individual I'd had in my stories in one form or another since years before. There may have been self-insertion at this time. Or at least wishful thinking. Also fanfiction (mostly DRoP and StarTrek).

Fast forward a few years, and I get my very own computer in preparation for high school and an email account! What do I wanna have as my online handle? Three guesses, and the first two don't count.

From there it's history, and if you find a "shylarah" or a "shylarah falanth" (you can still see vague remnants of DRoP in "falanth") there's a 99% chance that's me. the other 1% is that it used to be me, and I forgot about it. In fact, perhaps the strangest thing is that my gmail is not actually shylarah, despite being far more elegant than what it actually is. *sigh* But changing it would be a huge hassle.

Shylarah-the-character took a while off because she was in many ways a child's fantasy, but I've grown as a writer and as an rper, and eventually I dusted her off and gave her a rather thorough reworking. The wings stayed, the fighting skill was matched to her age, and she became a character who was a bit too reckless in trying to be a hero and ended up thrown clear across dimensions.

Besides, it's fun to play a character that doesn't entirely get English, and whose habits are not entirely human.[/spoiler]
edited by shylarah on 11/12/2017
edited by shylarah on 11/12/2017

--
Lady of Cold Steel, Lady of the Flit -- Lady Alyssana Grey
Whatever it takes, I shall succeed. There is only forward.
They say: Don't let the pretty face fool you. She is clever, she is dangerous, and she is not afraid.

Alt:
Nikki, leading the constables on merry chases across London at every available opportunity. It's not a good robbery if you didn't get chased.
WHEE~!
They say: A cat burglar with a penchant for pranks and a thirst for excitement, she dives headlong into every adventure that comes her way. Mostly harmless.
+1 link
shylarah
shylarah

11 days ago
an interesting batch. Abandoned sister, I feel you. Mr Snuffer, you are quite interesting.

And I know none of you.

--
They say: Don't let the pretty face fool you. She is clever, she is dangerous, and she is not afraid.

Alt:
Nikki, leading the constables on merry chases across London at every available opportunity. It's not a good robbery if you didn't get chased.
WHEE~!
They say: A cat burglar with a penchant for pranks and a thirst for excitement, she dives headlong into every adventure that comes her way. Mostly harmless.
0 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

11 days ago
Yeah, I really like the second confession - very well done.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
0 link
Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

11 days ago
shylarah wrote:
an interesting batch. Abandoned sister, I feel you. Mr Snuffer, you are quite interesting.

And I know none of you.

Mrs. Snuffer actually. I now I should lurk longer on that, but after several hours of waiting, I still feel a great need to apologize for that format. I didn't fully realize my folly until you started posting the confessions. Or the typos that were left in.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dirae~Erinyes
+3 link
Frederick
Frederick

11 days ago
I probably should have gotten more involved with the roleplaying community before I attempted this since I haven't the slightest clue who anyone is, but I must say, some of these are very inventive.
+1 link
Slyblue
Slyblue

11 days ago
Count me in among Mrs Snuffer's fans, and the "I really should get more involved in FL's roleplaying community" group, because I have no idea who wrote any of these, either. Kudos to their authors, though - they're really creative!

--
"For hearts of truest mettle, absence doth join, and time doth settle."
Mademoiselle. Hedonistic socialite, silver-tongued Glassman, and private entertainer. Has an easy smile.
Maxwell Bradford, Curt revolutionary, pious gentleman, solemnly drunk most of the time.
Michael Barrows. Young graduate from the urchin gangs, with eyes set firmly on the horizon.
+5 link
Daytorah
Daytorah

10 days ago
Frederick wrote:
I'm not without doubt that I truly grasp the confession with the.. Um, snakes? Nor do I know if I want to understand it...

The most plausible scenario in my mind? Someone is defecating into Parabola by the way of mirrors. I shall be haunted by its imagery for a long period.

The snuffer confession is a fabulous complement to the confession from Bishop of the St Fiarce. Well done!

--
"In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony sun's blessing, but because I am enlightened by my own intelligence."

A traveler's shadow returning.
+4 link
Kukapetal
Kukapetal

10 days ago
Daytorah wrote:

The most plausible scenario in my mind? Someone is defecating into Parabola by the way of mirrors. I shall be haunted by its imagery for a long period.

If you're right, then I have to admit this is the most creative confession I've ever seen :P
+2 link
Daytorah
Daytorah

10 days ago
shylarah wrote:
Yes, that's me. Right, shameful story time!

!!! The N-word !!!

You are free from shame, friend.

--
"In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony sun's blessing, but because I am enlightened by my own intelligence."

A traveler's shadow returning.
+1 link
Frederick
Frederick

10 days ago
Daytorah wrote:
Frederick wrote:
I'm not without doubt that I truly grasp the confession with the.. Um, snakes? Nor do I know if I want to understand it...

The snuffer confession is a fabulous complement to the confession from Bishop of the St Fiarce. Well done!

...Oh sweet heavens. That's worse than I thought.
0 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

10 days ago
Time to launch into day 7 of confessions...

Today's long one, in plain, neat handwriting:
I am a friend and ally to a certain Valkyrie and her Ringbreakers. They are a charming and inspiring group of urchins, with their makeshift armor and virtuous hearts. The Valkyrie's brother served as her Shieldmaiden for a time, until he was taken into the Foreign Office by an insidious plot which almost snared the Valkyrie as well.
When my work in unrelated circles led me into the Foreign Office, the Valkyrie begged me to seek out her Shieldmaiden and bring news of him back to the Ringbreakers. I found nothing of the Shieldmaiden there. That she knows, and she mourns the loss. I do not know what exactly she thinks has happened to her brother. I do know that while her Shieldmaiden is gone, her brother is not. He has put aside the shield for the songbook, the tiled roofs of the Flit for the paneled halls of the Foreign Office. A promising new member of the Face, untroubled by his old life. I do not know what exactly he thinks has happened to his sister. Each does good work for London and its people. Each is happy with their place and their fellows. I still sometimes wonder if they might have been happier together.

Loopy and thin, in dark purple ink:
I do not mean anything I do. I am not strong. I am not fearless. I am afraid of what this place will make me. But would I rather be a soft rabbit, loved and fearful, or a hissing snake outcast from my peers? I cannot tell.

In neat, formal handwriting:
No matter how many times I look at that monster of an owl, which devours secrets and splits weasels in half, it never gets any less cute.

In a minute scrawl, and appearing to be written by a non-dominant hand:
I saw something peculiar shining out in the distance, zailing my way out to Grunting Fen with a group of fellow academics; as it drew closer it seemed to vanish somewhere beneath the waves. I gave the order to submerge the zub, hoping to uncover the mystery - this attracted its attention, and a wicked set of pincers sought to pull us towards it. Swift reflexes saw us through to safety, but I'll not forget how close we came to perishing.

Remarkably fluid, written with expertise, confidence, and vertical lines penned with soft, triangular pennant heads:
Every night, I find myself wishing I could go back to the day I met you, and walk away.

Thin and spiky, in a spidered scrawl:
I tried to help someone. Just a slip of poison over a drink. Everyone is gone now.

Finally, in delicate Italian... italics:
Five thousand years of family lore, for Stone and Salt and Storm; I followed the tradition gladly. But this next Alteration comes fuming-furious, on a wind unrecorded in my list of sixty-four directions - the unhappening whispers to me of strange new idols, wilder and more alluring. My right and duty, to bear witness: but my notebooks teem with lore that should not be.
I fear Avernus now. Not for the sunlight, but as traveller returning...

..."Avernus"? Have I heard that somewhere before?

--
ReusedNPC, a d__ned lunatic. Send him a cat.

Edmund Viric, a rather dreamy sort.

Available for Enigma enquiries.
+8 link
shylarah
shylarah

10 days ago
...AHhaha, the owl. <3 I can't.

Is Ms Walk-Away
[spoiler]Mlle, Sly?[/spoiler]

This is a great set. I feel our poor poisoner. I suspect that's about a recent Family Matter.

Apologies, Cthulhu. **Mrs Snuffer. Poor dear.

Daytora, I am ashamed not of Neopets, but of the fact that I still have a character that was once a self-insert even if she isn't -- and that she shares my (online) name, since that's a huge red flag a lot of the time. ^.^;;

--

Alt:
WHEE~!
+3 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

10 days ago
I really like the fifth confession of this batch - there's a lot of emotion to it. Quite like the second one, too.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
+2 link
Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

10 days ago
Oh that owl. . .
I really liked the language on the last one of this batch nearly as much as I enjoy the live for Mrs. Snuffer

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dirae~Erinyes
+1 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

10 days ago
That fifth one really is moving.

Hieronymus Drake once knew a woman who spoke like that. But she was never so concise.

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Longshanks cat-burglar; Bohemian author; now, perhaps, something more. Bubbly, expressive, and affectionate. It’s not only still waters that run deep.
+1 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

10 days ago
Actually, Hieronymous Drake also knows a lady capable of appreciating the adorability of the Bifurcated Owl: one Professor Logan.

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Longshanks cat-burglar; Bohemian author; now, perhaps, something more. Bubbly, expressive, and affectionate. It’s not only still waters that run deep.
0 link
Slyblue
Slyblue

9 days ago
The owl personally creeps me out, but I can't blame whoever confessed to liking them. Just...please, please don't crack the owl open. I'm begging you.

Reused NPC wrote:

Thin and spiky, in a spidered scrawl: I tried to help someone. Just a slip of poison over a drink. Everyone is gone now.
Do I spy a little Dubheasa? Poor thing. It wasn't your fault. Literally half of the people you knew slipped poison inside those tankards, too.

shylarah wrote:
...AHhaha, the owl. <3 I can't.

Is Ms Walk-Away
[spoiler]Mlle, Sly?[/spoiler]
Ding ding ding! She is!

Sara Hysaro wrote:
I really like the fifth confession of this batch - there's a lot of emotion to it. Quite like the second one, too.
Aww! I can't speak for the second one, but I hope you made its author as happy as you've made me Big Grin

Aberrant Eremite wrote:
That fifth one really is moving.

Hieronymus Drake once knew a woman who spoke like that. But she was never so concise.
Funny. Mademoiselle knew a man like Drake, once. Then she took a Correspondence scar to the chest.

--
"For hearts of truest mettle, absence doth join, and time doth settle."
Mademoiselle. Hedonistic socialite, silver-tongued Glassman, and private entertainer. Has an easy smile.
Maxwell Bradford, Curt revolutionary, pious gentleman, solemnly drunk most of the time.
Michael Barrows. Young graduate from the urchin gangs, with eyes set firmly on the horizon.
+4 link

9 days ago
Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties (read: p
0 link

9 days ago
AHEM. Can't edit posts on mobile. Anyways, due to technical issues (possibly hard drive failure), the publishing will have to go on hiatus for a duration. I can't make any guarantees as to when I'll be back.
0 link
the Inquisitive Masseurse
the Inquisitive Masseurse

9 days ago
In the interest of not being left out of the guessing game, i shall confess to having confessed. {primary character only}

--
Main character
Seeker
0 link