Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

The Ivory Door - A Hallowmas Confession Messages in this topic - RSS

Reused NPC
Reused NPC

10/24/2017
Every year, Londoners post their confessions on the Ivory Door of the Bazaar as a Hallowmas tradition. But not all of these confessions are of the great and greater. Some of them are more ordinary confessions -- from the smaller folk, such as the pickpockets, the doctors, the footpads. And some, still, are from London's other folk - those being you ridiculously-clothed, morally-ambiguous ambitious types, of course.

So, tell me. When you go up to the Ivory Door and attach a confession of your own, masked and cloaked, what will you write?

(Of course, posting here only shows you have something to confess...)

EDIT: This year's confessional is closed for the time being. Thank you for all your confessions!
edited by ReusedNPC on 11/10/2017

--
ReusedNPC, a d__ned lunatic. Send him a cat.

Edmund Viric, a rather dreamy sort.

Available for Enigma enquiries.
+10 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

10/24/2017
I assume you mean to collect Confessions from player characters, for the fun of it.

[subsequent text deleted]
edited by cathyr19355 on 10/24/2017

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Vavakx Nonexus
Vavakx Nonexus

10/24/2017
I am led to understand that one should send their confessions anonymously in the poll linked to by the phrase "what will you write?", and then let Reused NPC post them, keeping the original account secret.

--
Amets: The Queen, the King and the Pawn. Banded in red and black and gold.

Blabbing, the Hobo Everyone Knows: The One Who Pulls The Strings. A Clarity In The Darkness.

Charlotte and the Caretaker: A duality of character making their collective lives in the city below. One may call them a family, even.
+2 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

10/24/2017
Vavakx Nonexus wrote:
I am led to understand that one should send their confessions anonymously in the poll linked to by the phrase "what will you write?", and then let Reused NPC post them, keeping the original account secret.

Oops. Ah well. I wasn't clear on that, obviously.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

10/24/2017
Vavakx Nonexus wrote:

That's exactly the case. I think there are websites for this IRL (with real-life confessions and such), in fact, although d__n if I know where to find them.
In any case, this is meant to be all in good spirits. (So please, real people will read these confessions, be courteous.)

--

+3 link
Slyblue
Slyblue

10/24/2017
I love this idea. Can we submit different confessions for different PCs?

--
"For hearts of truest mettle, absence doth join, and time doth settle."
Mademoiselle. Hedonistic socialite, silver-tongued Glassman, and private entertainer. Has an easy smile.
Maxwell Bradford, Curt revolutionary, pious gentleman, solemnly drunk most of the time.
Michael Barrows. Young graduate from the urchin gangs, with eyes set firmly on the horizon.
+3 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

10/24/2017
Slyblue wrote:

Looks like it! I just did two. Since they're anonymous, I don't think it matters that they were from the same forum account.

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Longshanks cat-burglar; Bohemian author; now, perhaps, something more. Bubbly, expressive, and affectionate. It’s not only still waters that run deep.
+2 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

10/24/2017
Aberrant Eremite wrote:
Slyblue wrote:

Looks like it! I just did two. Since they're anonymous, I don't think it matters that they were from the same forum account.

Well if you put it like that I now know which two are yours.

...Not that I'm going to remember by this time tomorrow. In any case, feel free to submit multiple confessions if you so desire, but don't go too overboard.

--

+2 link
Slyblue
Slyblue

10/24/2017
One for each of mine, I promise! And their handwriting are pretty different. No one will suspect it's just one lonely player. Maybe.

--
"For hearts of truest mettle, absence doth join, and time doth settle."
Mademoiselle. Hedonistic socialite, silver-tongued Glassman, and private entertainer. Has an easy smile.
Maxwell Bradford, Curt revolutionary, pious gentleman, solemnly drunk most of the time.
Michael Barrows. Young graduate from the urchin gangs, with eyes set firmly on the horizon.
+1 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

10/25/2017
When shall they be revealed?

Not that I confessed anything...*whistles*.

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
+5 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

29 days ago
Teaspoon wrote:
When shall they be revealed?

Not that I confessed anything...*whistles*.

I'm thinking the end of Hallowmas, as two weeks is a pretty sizeable amount of time for accruing confessions.

--

+1 link
Autumn
Autumn

29 days ago
This is a fantastic idea. I'm looking forward to see the revelation.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/The%20Insatiable%20Confidant
0 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

28 days ago
Thus far, we have 18 confessions. Most of them are quite sizable, and I don't think any two of them have been for quite the same thing.

That said, not all of your confessions need to be in-depth. Some things need only a sentence or two. (Take this year's Cheery Man confession for an example.)

There's quite some juicy things here, indeed...

--

+3 link
Hubris Glamore
Hubris Glamore

26 days ago
How delightful. What will we learn I wonder?

--
Hubris Glamore is an ambitious gentleman with entirely more schemes than is healthy.

Happy to entertain all manner of interactions and has a fondness for roleplaying.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hubris%20Glamore
+1 link
Caroline Augusta Baroness Aubrecker
Caroline Augusta Baroness Aubrecker

25 days ago
Beautiful idea - love it, have to think of something short which will be challenging for me - always writting too much.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Caroline%20Augusta%20Baroness%20Aubrecker
Be judge yourself, I'll bring it to the test,/
Which is the basest creature, man or beast/
With teeth and claws, by nature armed, they hunt/
Nature's allowance, to supply their want./
But man, with smiles, embraces. friendships. Praise,/
Inhumanely his fellow's life betrays
+1 link
Lady Karnstein
Lady Karnstein

25 days ago
I am sure it will be nothing of too much import that should not be read too closely or with too much worry about who might have foolishly written what.*

(*That's the IC response OOC can't wait wink)
edited by Lady Karnstein on 10/29/2017

--
Lady Caroline Karnstein, infamous writer, artist, and courtesan. Unrepentant Invert.
Legendary Charisma, Correspondent, Nocturnal. Thumbfumble Champion 1894
Think I should even be speaking to children? Invite me to your Orphanage!
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Caroline%20Karnstein
+1 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

24 days ago
This would be a nice treat to look forward to at the end of Hallowmas!

What is the deadline, though?

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
+1 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

24 days ago
What a splendid ploy to gather confessions for your own nefarious ends! ;-P

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corestry Since 1892.
+5 link
Reused NPC
Reused NPC

22 days ago
Estelle Knoht wrote:
This would be a nice treat to look forward to at the end of Hallowmas!

What is the deadline, though?

Most likely I'll be taking these until the end of the Hallowmas season, so, say, November 7th or whenever the event proper ends.

We're at 43 confessions so far. I think we still don't have any repeats, as well, although there's something of a common theme.

I'm realizing I may need to publish this in the form of a spreadsheet instead of a forum post, there's a lot of these...

--

+2 link
Parelle
Parelle

22 days ago
Could I recommend a blog-like format, like Tumblr?

--
Parelle, Lady Joseph Marlen. The Singular Librarian. A Midnighter, a Player of the Marvelous.
pages from a dusty bookshop: a badly updated FL changelog | Useful Guidance and Explanations
+2 link
1234 ..7