Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Daily Item Giveaway: Thirteen Days of Mr Hexed Messages in this topic - RSS

Longtail
Longtail

10/13/2017
trajing wrote:
I'd like to sign up -- Adam Sanzelwicky is the name of my FL character.

You've been added to the list.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

10/14/2017
Longtail wrote:
In other news, I accidentally marked the first post as an 'accepted answer' and gave it a light green background. Is there any way to undo that? Green isn't exactly the most... fitting color for one like Mr Hexed.

You should be able to mark a different post as the accepted answer, but I don't think you can remove it entirely.

There's also a browser extension to make those posts more readable.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Responding to Christmas Cards with Cider for the holidays! Fogscape with Tentacles and Beguiling Predatory Vegetable preferred.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
John Moose
John Moose

10/18/2017
George sits in his study, a large pile of coins covering his desk. A cat is having great fun dropping as much on the floor as it can. The floor is covered with books from the more esoteric of London's foremost theosophists, as well as a thin volume labelled "ON THE TRUE NAMES OF THE MASTERS". None of these have offered any explanation as to the identity of Mr Hexed, nor to its willingness to part with First City coins.

This present will keep George up for nights to come.

He considers buying a safe for the coins, as well as a guard dog for nocturnal visitors.
+1 link
vinceren
vinceren

10/19/2017
Count me in! I'm vinceren, with Nemesis alt vindicta.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/vinceren
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/vindicta
0 link
Longtail
Longtail

10/19/2017
We're just over halfway through the giveaway. You can see the list of winners so far in the first post.

The current list of entrees is: Lady Sapho Byron, DavidJ (for ExceptionallyDelicious), Optimatum, TeslaWalker, Lionel Anchovies (for Anchovies), Saklad5, Kylestien, Leonine Veteran (for John Moose), Mycroft Tennyson, Ginneon Thursday, percie, Adam Sanzelwicky (for trajing), and vinceren.

vinceren wrote:
Count me in! I'm vinceren, with Nemesis alt vindicta.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/vinceren
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/vindicta

Sorry, but I'd rather only have one account per person in the giveaway. Not that it's very hard for people to lie to me and completely circumvent that. I assume you'd rather submit your main (vinceren), but let me know if you want to swap out for vindicta.
+1 link
Javelin4201
Javelin4201

10/21/2017
Sure, sign me up too! javelin4201

--
Javelin - aficionado of play, open to socials.
0 link
Javelin4201
Javelin4201

10/21/2017
Sure, sign me up too! javelin4201

--
0 link
Javelin4201
Javelin4201

10/23/2017
Thank you, Mr Hexed!

--
0 link
Ginneon Thursday
Ginneon Thursday

10/23/2017
Many thanks, Mr Hexed! May your coins ever be guarded in Londoners' deepest vaults.

--
Ginneon Thursday: Revelrous Professor of Benthic
Departments of Mycoenology, Lepidoptery
0 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

10/23/2017
If you're still good for it, I'd be happy to sign up! And once Cappuccino gets to that part of Heart's Desire (they're waiting on their Dilmun Club membership to continue), I'd be happy to help supply you and others with coins.

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
0 link
Longtail
Longtail

10/23/2017
Optimatum wrote:
Longtail wrote:
I did, er, possibly obtain over 2,000 coins by sending requests from an alternate account before I knew that was an incredibly bad thing to do.

It's not, unless something's changed recently. Quite a few players use alts for social actions like menace cures, second chances sources, and even profitable actions like The Neath's Mysteries. Sure, Failbetter wouldn't be happy if you had twenty alts working together to constantly rob the Museum of Mistakes and funnel money to your main, but using alts in moderation is generally fine.

Sorry for taking so long to respond! I've contacted Failbetter asking them if I can do two-account coin farming for the giveaway. Below's the conversation, slightly censored:

I wrote:
Would it be alright if in Fallen London I used two accounts to manually farm first city coins from the museum of mistakes, and then sent all those coins out in daily giveaways to complete strangers? I already started collecting them before I thought to ask for permission, but I'll stop if this isn't okay. My current plan is to manually farm the coins, create an account on the forums for my in-game character, have him announce in-character that █████████████, give away █████████████ every day, occasionally send ███████, and occasionally send █████████████. Please let me know if you object to any parts of this plan, and how I might be able to change the plan to make it okay to do.

support@failbettergames.zendesk.com wrote:
Hi,
I'm afraid we can't expressly grant you permission to gather coins using an alt. We can't approve of social interactions between alts in general, because there have been many instances of abuse, and we don't have time to adjudicate on specific cases or draft up specific guidelines for social interaction with alts. There's no problem with sending out gifts in itself, but we'd prefer if you didn't use an alt account to get the coins required.

███████ ███████
Failbetter Games

The language suggests I could probably get away with two-account farming. But they'd prefer I didn't, so I'd feel bad doing it. And that's basically my reason for hesitating to farm with two accounts.
0 link
Longtail
Longtail

10/25/2017
And that concludes the first Mr Hexed item giveaway. There won't be a second unless I scrounge up another 19 robbery requests for the museum of mistakes. That's not too much so I'll, uh, probably just send myself those requests (my own arbitrary code of gameplay ethics be damned!). Anyway, we have winners:
1) Lionel Anchovies
2) Percie
3) Ginneon Thursday
4) Kylestien
5) Leonine Veteran
6) Kylestien
7) Lionel Anchovies
8) Adam Sanzelwicky
9) vinceren
10) Optimatum
11) javelin4201
12) Optimatum
13) Lady Sapho L Byron
Clearly Lionel Anchovies, Kylestien, and Optimatum are all cheaters since they won too much. There's no better justice than mob justice, so do what you may to punish the cheats (please don't actually do that).

I also got some robbery requests. 13,000 props to the people who generously sent those and as a result proved themselves to be superior to everyone else (sending myself 27 requests is a bit of a stretch, so you can probably thank these people for keeping the giveaway alive):
Leonine Veteran (John Moose) - 7 requests
hellaGummy - 1 request

The next giveaway is April 13, 2018. People who registered for this giveaway won't automatically be registered for the next, mainly because I don't trust you guys to still be active on Fallen London in 6 months. If you already registered here I'll just send a message asking you to confirm you're alive. If you're alive or otherwise capable of responding, you're in. So watch out for that, I guess.
edited by Longtail on 10/25/2017
+3 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

10/25/2017
Hex (six) plust seven coin deliveries equals lucky number thirteen for me ... and a splendid way to begin Hallowmas. Thank you very, very much Mr Hexed!!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
0 link