Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Skies

For the discussion of our next game, coming 2018.

How does titania work? Messages in this topic - RSS

Nanako
Nanako

9 days ago
i selected an option to build the library of yore there. They took my money and said nothing more about it. is anything happening?
I can tour several other districts, and am told about prospective projects, but there are no options for them.

What is there to currently do in titania? Am i missing something, or is the area woefully incomplete?

--
Looking forward to sunless skies!
0 link
Gul al-Ahlaam
Gul al-Ahlaam

9 days ago
It will be built by the next time you arrive.

• --
    Grow strong. Life runs hot. Forget the Judgements.
  • 0 link
    Edward Frye
    Edward Frye

9 days ago
    You have to wait a certain amount of time to come back, right? That seems to be how it works for me.

--
    My profile, http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Edward~Frye
    Edward Frye's Appearance http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9363-your-characters-appearances.aspx?Page=7
    My alt http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ulysses~Beechworth
    My Mr. Eaten profile http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Laurens~Haymore
    Edward Frye is currently open to pretty much any social options except loitering.
    0 link
    Nanako
    Nanako

9 days ago
    Gul al-Ahlaam wrote:
    It will be built by the next time you arrive.
  • it certainly won't, i've been back three times in short order while importing honey to winchester

• --
    0 link
    Anchovies
    Anchovies

9 days ago
    I am quite confused by the Titania mechanics as well. In one playthrough, I funded the library, and after the chorister-bee attack I could repair the library and also fund either a creative project or an academy of war. In my current playthrough, I did not fund any building projects, the chorister-bee attack occurred, and afterwards the story text mentioned the academy of war but the game did not present an option for me to fund its construction. I'll have to interact with the port a bit more to see if I can figure out how the academy and/or fortress can actually be unlocked.

--
    Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God — but to create Him.
    —Sir Arthur C Clarke

Lionel Anchovies. Most social actions welcome. Ready and willing to engage in delicious roleplaying. Please no betrayals, photographer, or lethal sparring.
    0 link
    Nanako
    Nanako

9 days ago
    well i made a thing

and then bees immediately came and destroyed it.
    Literally immediately, forced storylet right after cutting the ribbon, what in the ****?

--
    0 link
    Nanako
    Nanako

9 days ago
    Anchovies wrote:
    I am quite confused by the Titania mechanics as well. In one playthrough, I funded the library, and after the chorister-bee attack I could repair the library and also fund either a creative project or an academy of war.

thank you for this, i wouldn't have noticed otherwise that it could be repaired.
    Though despite only costing 50 sovereigns to initially build, its cost me 270 worth of materials to repair it. that seems a bit screwy

I also seem able to build the other two structures for valentine square. Is that alright? will they replace my library?

--
    0 link
    Nanako
    Nanako

9 days ago
    is it intended that i can repair things again when they haven't been damaged?

i gained 3x standing with the library of yore for repairing it again. this feels a bit screwy

--
    0 link
    Anchovies
    Anchovies

9 days ago
    Nanako wrote:
    Though despite only costing 50 sovereigns to initially build, its cost me 270 worth of materials to repair it. that seems a bit screwy
    The weirdest part is, I think, the 100 sovereigns I got when returning to the completed library. Did they finish the project under-budget and then just decide to give the surplus away?

--
    Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God — but to create Him.
    —Sir Arthur C Clarke

Lionel Anchovies. Most social actions welcome. Ready and willing to engage in delicious roleplaying. Please no betrayals, photographer, or lethal sparring.
    0 link
    Nanako
    Nanako

9 days ago
    yea it seems whenever you finish a project, you get double the investment back.

although that has so far sstill been dwarfed by the repair costs

--
    0 link
    Malcolm Harris
    Malcolm Harris

8 days ago
    I was able to build a school that would supposedly teach the locals how to defend themselves. Don't know how it affects future bee attacks, though.
    0 link
    FailbetterFuzz
    FailbetterFuzz
    Administrator

2 days ago
    Hullo folks,

Has anyone had time to play around with Titania further? Have things become clearer? Are you still confused? Noticed anything that doesn't quite make sense? Any other feedback on this storyline?

edited by FailbetterFuzz on 9/20/2017
    0 link
    lady ciel
    lady ciel

2 days ago
    I've built different things in various games. Like the options that can change a resource into something else. Hate Chorister Bee attacks (though the gourd of Nectar is useful).

Options to repair are very expensive and, at least once, doing so did absolutely nothing (message said something like "x" hasn't increased for both of the buildings I had for that school). So if it isn't going to do any good to repair something I think there should be some indication or the option greyed out so it can't be used.

In recent games I am sticking to one style - Nocturnal; Celestial or Sovereign. At least that gives me a chance against the bees.

I haven't noticed much benefit to funding the defensive buildings - maybe I just didn't raise their standing enough though.

--
    ciel

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome though loitering might be inconvenient at times. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
    0 link