Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Is renown conversion over? Messages in this topic - RSS

Hunter Grey
Hunter Grey

17 days ago
Hello all, is the faction conversion to renown over? Meaning factions such as the Duchess, Widow and University will never be converted to renown or gain faction items?
0 link
Tyrconnell
Tyrconnell

17 days ago
There are no intentions for those that we know of. It's possible but not planned.

--
Tyrconnell, a gentleman and doctor of diverse interests and multifarious proclivities
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

17 days ago
It is over for this year at least, and glass/shroud will not be converted as they function more as story trackers.

Though I would like to point out there is only one renown transport, leaving three of the major stats without a renown boost there, and three factions that are likely to receive items if converted.
edited by suinicide on 9/5/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+2 link
dov
dov

17 days ago
suinicide wrote:
Though I would like to point out there is only one renown transport, leaving three of the major stats without a renown boost there, and three factions that are likely to receive items if converted.

Then again, FBG are famously champions of asymmetrical design.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+6 link
suinicide
suinicide

17 days ago
That's a fair point, but I feel there's a difference between "this stat has low bonuses in this slot" and "only persuasive has a transport". (Though there are two fate locked shadowy ones) So I feel hopeful.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

17 days ago
I feel Widow will likely get converted at some point, though I'm more dubious on the others.

I've still gotten them up to reasonably high connected values, regardless.
+2 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

15 days ago
Benthic is now the sole source of easily stockpiled source of MW - if it get converted to a Favours system, Notability is going to be even more difficult.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
Artful
Artful

15 days ago
It seems easier to raise notability now. Salon seems more efficient with Favours than connected. Went from 14 to 15 in just over 24 hours. Would have taken a week before hand.

--
A Crooked Cross looking to make waves at your Salon.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Artful
+1 link
Silverias
Silverias

15 days ago
Estelle Knoht wrote:
Benthic is now the sole source of easily stockpiled source of MW - if it get converted to a Favours system, Notability is going to be even more difficult.

How do you turn Benthic into MW?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Silverias

Stop by and say hello, I'm a correspondent if you need someone to teach your kids.
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

15 days ago
Well there's the Extraordinary Implication upconversion that uses Benthic, but that's more limited by EIs, not Benthic.
+1 link
Aardvark
Aardvark

14 days ago
Kaijyuu wrote:
I feel Widow will likely get converted at some point, though I'm more dubious on the others.

I would definitely wish to see both Widow and Duchess converted, if only to have them get more time in the limelight. Both are among my most favourite characters in the game.

And just out of curiosity, what do the rest of you guys consider "reasonably high" for these connections? I'm mainly asking for roleplaying reasons, as I aim to be among the closer affiliated with these fine ladies, regardless of any potential conversion or gameplay benefits which may well never come.

--
Sir Reginald Monteroy, Correspondent
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sir Reginald Monteroy

Will gladly come teach at your Orphanage, if you PM me in game.
+2 link
Waterpls
Waterpls

14 days ago
Aardvark wrote:
And just out of curiosity, what do the rest of you guys consider "reasonably high" for these connections? I'm mainly asking for roleplaying reasons, as I aim to be among the closer affiliated with these fine ladies, regardless of any potential conversion or gameplay benefits which may well never come.

Judging by other conversions 400-800 levels.

--
I am looking for opponent in Tournament of Lillies:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Waterpls
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/MyMessenger
0 link
Robin Alexander
Robin Alexander

14 days ago
Aardvark wrote:
Kaijyuu wrote:

I would definitely wish to see both Widow and Duchess converted, if only to have them get more time in the limelight. Both are among my most favourite characters in the game.

I'd place Duchess as high as Waterpls says, but the Widow . . .

I'd put that around 150-300, personally. It's notoriously hard to raise, I find; the conflict cards don't seem to raise it, and the only option I've found is one card in Spite that can take multiple clicks just to get it to raise one level, and her Connected isn't really needed for anything. I've seen more uses for the Masters than hers, which says a lot . . . I could be very wrong, but I'd be immensely surprised if your average player has anything close to 150, let alone 400-800.

--
Robin Alexander - Main
Benjamin Parker - Gone North
Lucius Parker - Son of Benjamin Parker (Alt)

Open to all social actions.
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

14 days ago
I have like 8!
edited by Pumpkinhead on 9/8/2017

--
McGunn/Bsymstad Sporadically still around. Might respond if you send something.
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
+1 link
Fluffy Monotreme
Fluffy Monotreme

14 days ago
It's like you want it to be even harder to get out of the Tomb Colonies. Ugh.
0 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

14 days ago
Fluffy Monotreme wrote:
It's like you want it to be even harder to get out of the Tomb Colonies. Ugh.

You can get out of the Tomb-Colonies pretty fast now, actually. I got exiled this morning by accident, and all it took to come back was 6 Church favors and change.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

14 days ago
Widow was used much more early in the game but got kinda forgotten about.

Anyway I got her up to 381, much like I got all the other factions.
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

12 days ago
Kaijyuu wrote:
Well there's the Extraordinary Implication upconversion that uses Benthic, but that's more limited by EIs, not Benthic.

Memories of Distant Shores is pretty easy to accumulate for a quick burst of MW, without nightmare to manage.

And Extraordinary Implications as well, although that goes with Tales of Terror and Summerset for a even bigger boost.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
Televangelist
Televangelist

9 days ago
The best thing to stockpile, for a great number of things, is usually simply Casing in the Flit. You can fairly easily turn it into so many different things, including the items most commonly useful in the endgame (Night Whispers, Storm Threnodies, Making Waves, Extraordinary Implications, Cellars of Wine). But perhaps most importantly of all, you can get casing 5 actions at a time, which when life gets busy is often the dividing line between the game bearable versus unbearable.
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

9 days ago
Robin Alexander wrote:
Aardvark wrote:
Kaijyuu wrote:

I'd place Duchess as high as Waterpls says, but the Widow . . .

I'd put that around 150-300, personally. It's notoriously hard to raise, I find; the conflict cards don't seem to raise it, and the only option I've found is one card in Spite that can take multiple clicks just to get it to raise one level, and her Connected isn't really needed for anything. I've seen more uses for the Masters than hers, which says a lot . . . I could be very wrong, but I'd be immensely surprised if your average player has anything close to 150, let alone 400-800.

You make an excellent point, Robin. I have Connected: the Widow at 105, and I've had it around there for quite a long time (I was up in the 120s for a while, but lost it by incautious playing of the Widow/Urchins and Widow/Docks cards).

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link