Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

A List of Paramount Presences Messages in this topic - RSS

What is your preferred skill?

I am Dangerous.:3
I am Persuasive.:7
I am Shadowy.:5
I am Watchful.:10
I prefer a combination of two or three skills.:4
All four! Is that not the point?:15
Ixc
Ixc

20 days ago
London is indeed a city of legends. Her people are her stories. The good, the bad, and the normal are the soul of her life. A thousand strings, of blood, shadows, knowledge, and charm tie us all together. Even when London is gone, these stories will remain. The Bazaar has a name for the particularly legendary- Paramount Presences. If you have the honor of being one, please state your name, profile, and preferably your profession (as well as vote for your preferred stat)

ebzfan -Notary
Gonen -Midnighter
Kharsirr Lynx -Correspondent
lethargiclogician -Correspondent
idyl -Correspondent
xKiv -Correspondent
Estelle Knoht -Doctor
Dov -Midnighter. When they knocked, he did not.
Jithin Prakash -Correspondent

Well, we have quite a few Correspondents on this list.
edited by Ixc on 9/13/2017
edited by Ixc on 9/13/2017

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc , spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon. Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

BEHIND THE COUCH IS THE PUGSUS.
THE PUGSUS IS THE FORTRESS OF CUDDLES.
THE PUGSUS IS THE HOUSE OF WARM HUGS.
ITS WRINKLES ARE THE ANGLES OF CUTENESS.
PUPPIES BEGIN IN THE PUGSUS; OLD DOGS END THERE.
+2 link
dov
dov

20 days ago
Here's the current list, in order of their announcement here on the forums and/or on reddit:

ebzfan
Gonen
Kharsirr Lynx
lethargiclogician
idyl
xKiv
Estelle Knoht

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Ixc
Ixc

20 days ago
Thanks, Dov.

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc , spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon. Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

0 link
xKiv
xKiv

20 days ago
Correspondent. As for stats, I very slightly prefer watchful in intent, and shadowy in action - but I have always advanced all four.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
0 link
alan.huang
alan.huang

18 days ago
I'm a notary lol
I don't really need any of the profession items, and I'm pragmatic and want the cash; don't need the eclectic items from T3 payments :p

--
ebzfan, a Paramount Presence
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

18 days ago
Doctor, Persuasive. The main track professions were a little too serious to pick in-character.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
Ixc
Ixc

13 days ago
Congratulations, Dov! If you don't mind, I added a tidbit about your Seven-Fold Knock.

--

0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

13 days ago
I am still trying to make it to Notability 15, so I can take my Watchful to 215, before I switch specializations. Darn it.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

13 days ago
But I wish to congratulate our Paramount Presences to date, especially dov and Estelle Knoht. They have been playing FL forever (or so it seems to me, another early adopter) and they deserve this distinction.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+1 link
Gonen
Gonen

13 days ago
Hurrah, dov!
Congratulations!!!

--
The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
# of quirks at level 15: 5
# of quirks at level 12-14: 4
# of quirks at level 10: 1
# of quirks below level 10: 0
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

12 days ago
dov wrote:
Time to go grind back some of the materials I've spent on this in the past few weeks.

The road to PP is an intense, number-crunching thing, and then suddenly we are back to leisurely clicking, lazy Casing, and letting our actions spill over wink

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
dov
dov

12 days ago
Estelle Knoht wrote:
dov wrote:
Time to go grind back some of the materials I've spent on this in the past few weeks.

The road to PP is an intense, number-crunching thing, and then suddenly we are back to leisurely clicking, lazy Casing, and letting our actions spill over wink

Yeah, it's weird to suddenly start discarding things like the Gambling Den card, which I was eagerly playing any time it popped up for weeks, and now it's useless again...

Some of my item stores have dwindled greatly, especially Influence items (Stolen Correspondence and Intriguing Snippets), Moon-Pearls, Diamonds, and Carnival Tickets (I've spent hundreds of those).

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Waterpls
Waterpls

12 days ago
How about writing a guide to PP?
edited by Waterpls on 9/10/2017

--
I am looking for opponent in Tournament of Lillies:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Waterpls
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/MyMessenger
0 link
dov
dov

12 days ago
Waterpls wrote:
How about writing a guide to PP?

99% of the work is about raising Notability, and (except for very specific tricks) it's covered by this excellent guide.

(Note that the guide isn't up to date with the very latest changes to Social Actions - i.e. dinners, coffee, chess, sparring, etc.).

An example of an advanced trick: since most significant MW boosts come from cards, drawing more cards is more important than using actions efficiently. So if you have Cider, you can spend 2 actions to die via Heart's Mirror and come back (3 actions if you need to cause yourself Wounds first), and this will quadruple the cards in your deck. So if you're an Exceptional Friend (can hold 10 cards), doing this when you have 3 cards in your deck will refill them to 10. Effectively, you're trading 2-3 actions (and 5 Carnival Tickets) for the ability to draw 7 extra cards.

If you have the Carnival Tickets, then you can draw up to 101 cards first thing in the morning (when your deck and action pool are full), before having to wait for anything. Some of these are bound to be those that give lots of MW (or items used for MW, such as Favours: Society).

--
+2 link
Kharsirr Lynx
Kharsirr Lynx

12 days ago
dov wrote:

An example of an advanced trick: since most significant MW boosts come from cards, drawing more cards is more important than using actions efficiently. So if you have Cider, you can spend 2 actions to die via Heart's Mirror and come back (3 actions if you need to cause yourself Wounds first), and this will quadruple the cards in your deck. So if you're an Exceptional Friend (can hold 10 cards), doing this when you have 3 cards in your deck will refill them to 10. Effectively, you're trading 2-3 actions (and 5 Carnival Tickets) for the ability to draw 7 extra cards.

I'm not entirely sure if this even legal, albeit using the similar method (with Flit) in my preferred farming method. smile

Also, Correspondent by the will and definition, so mostly Watchful.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
0 link
dov
dov

12 days ago
Kharsirr Lynx wrote:
I'm not entirely sure if this even legal, albeit using the similar method (with Flit) in my preferred farming method. smile

Why not legal? It's using the established mechanics of the game, as designed (though in a creative way).
It's also not without significant cost (in actions and Carnival Tickets).

--
0 link
Gonen
Gonen

12 days ago
dov, that is very creative.
Though available to only few, this is very interesting technique. I'll try and remember this when in need of op. cards in the very distant future (upon gaining the Cider).

--
The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
# of quirks at level 15: 5
# of quirks at level 12-14: 4
# of quirks at level 10: 1
# of quirks below level 10: 0
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

12 days ago
If you have light fingers, you can do the same thing by entering and leaving the orphanage. (Of course, then you can't progress with your ambition)

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Kharsirr Lynx
Kharsirr Lynx

12 days ago
suinicide wrote:
If you have light fingers, you can do the same thing by entering and leaving the orphanage. (Of course, then you can't progress with your ambition)

Similar effect (doubling on enter, quadrupling on leave) makss Heists actually wotthwhile, with nice touch of random so needed in the long grinds.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
0 link
Flynneldariel
Flynneldariel

11 days ago
thanks for the list but total notability cost is useless since 15 notability is a lot more as 3 times 5 notability.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/FlynnEldariel
0 link