Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

The Ultimate Guide to Favours and Renown Messages in this topic - RSS

phryne
phryne

1 days ago
AzraelWalker wrote:
phryne wrote:
It should also be understood that Renown can never be lost. That's right again: NEVER.
Wellllllllll that's not entirely accurate. There is exactly one way you can lose it (and all of it in one go in point of fact), but you would have to be half mad before you ever saw the option.
Oh wow. Does this remove Renown too, now? Wasn't the case last time I checked... neat. I'll amend the text then wink

@lady ciel & Pumpkinhead: I'm familiar with these but don't consider rare successes "grindable" so I chose to omit them.
edited by phryne on 8/15/2017

--
a Scarlet Sainta Monster-Huntera Memory
Exceptional Stories poll results: 20162017
List of useful thingsFavours & Renown Guide
0 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

1 days ago
I'd argue that, being repeatable, it's still worth mentioning. The Polite Invitation in particular is both very profitable and quite frequent (meaning players will be going through it pretty often), and 20% is really high for a "rare" success, so I think it's worth mentioning as a non-negligible source.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

1 days ago
phryne wrote:
AzraelWalker wrote:
phryne wrote:
It should also be understood that Renown can never be lost. That's right again: NEVER.
Wellllllllll that's not entirely accurate. There is exactly one way you can lose it (and all of it in one go in point of fact), but you would have to be half mad before you ever saw the option.
Oh wow. Does this remove Renown too, now? Wasn't the case last time I checked... neat. I'll amend the text then wink

@lady ciel & Pumpkinhead: I'm familiar with these but don't consider rare successes "grindable" so I chose to omit them.

You did list the Great Game option from the same Dr Schlomo card - I don't know if the chance of getting a GG favour from that option is higher than for the Tomb Colonist but it seems odd to mention one but not the other.

--
ciel

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome though loitering might be inconvenient at times. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

1 days ago
I think the dance one is worth mentioning too, since even though it's a low chance, people already go to parties for other favors. Might as well make it known, since a 20% chance is better than doing a firey dance and cards aren't always useful.

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is open to social actions. Will usually respond because he has nothing better to do at the moment, except when zailing.
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
phryne
phryne

1 days ago
@lady ciel re: Schlomo/GG: you're right - the wiki doesn't list it as a rare success. I believe that's a mistake, since all the other options only give a Favour/Connected on rare successes. Will amend.

Okay all, you've convinced me, I'm going to add these things. About A Polite Invitation, I personally never use that, so I thought all those options rather fringe-y, but if people *actually* use them... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wink

Edit All done! Thanks for the list, Wiwo/Tyrconnell, that's really helpful! Now I finally begin to see why people use A Polite Invitation... Quiet

--
+1 link
Wiwo
Wiwo

1 days ago
A Polite Invitation is definitely a major source of favours.
As Tyrconnell summarized well in another thread:

6: Brass Ambassador (card, 2 Hell favours)
5: Tentacled Entrepreneur (card, ~50% Rubbery favour)
4: Turkish Girl (card, +3 Talk of the Town instead of +2)
3: Stick to something stately (~20% Docks favour)
2: Jovial Contrarian (card; Society favour) or Tentacled Entrepreneur (card, Rubbery favour)
1: Brass Ambassador (card, Hell favour) or Tentacled Entrepreneur (card, Society Favour)
0: Quiet Statesman (Society favour) or trade Talk of the Town for rewards

--
Wiwo. Almost certainly not a squid in a cunningly tailored suit. Surely.

Care for some cider? Here's how to ask me for some. Strange pranks strongly preferred.

I'm a Correspondent and would be delighted to lecture at your orphanage.
+6 link
Kaigen
Kaigen

1 days ago
phryne wrote:
Is there an option for TC Favours in Tanah-Chook?

[spoiler]No, but having completed the story adds a new card to the Disgraced Exile deck that grants a favour while reducing Scandal[/spoiler]

--
Just a simple doctor with a chess habit. Publisher of The Flit Dispatch. Available for lessons in the art of seeing things.

"One must remember that the impossible is, alas, always possible."
-Jacques Derrida

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kaigen
+1 link
navchaa
navchaa

1 days ago
So the 40 renown item for both Great Game and Bohemians are at the Mirror Marches? Interesting...

--
Invisible Eminence and mercenary Notary :: Happy to exchange social actions and take menaces :: No dupes and no loitering :: Please leave a message and say hello!

Engaged to Myrto :: Exchanging Surprise Packages with Myrto and ICountFrom0 :: Exchanging cat boxes with ICountFrom0

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/navchaa
0 link
phryne
phryne

16 hours ago
I just remembered the "Peculiar Personal Enhancement" option on the Rubbery card - does it perhaps give a Favour or two?

--
0 link
phryne
phryne

11 hours ago
Well, I just sold the Nadir's location to Revs and feel slightly miffed. Here's the breakdown of rewards you get for selling to:

Revolutionaries: a 1562.60E item
Great Game: a 1560E item plus 7 Favours, 5 CP Renown; Subtle gain, Steadfast drop
Urchins: a 312.50E item plus 7 Favours, 10 CP Renown; Daring gain, Melancholy drop
Hell: a 312.50E item

I'm aware of FB's stance on issues of "balance", and Hell's interest is said to be marginal. But February says the Revolutionaries need the info "desperately" - so I would've expected some Renown at least. Also, the distribution of Quirk changes seems rather random. Ah well...

--
+3 link