Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Paramount Presence Messages in this topic - RSS

Wiwo
Wiwo
Posts: 357

8/11/2017
I don't suppose it's made you invincible to the Nadir or otherwise lastingly raised your stat caps, has it?

--
Wiwo. Almost certainly not a squid in a cunningly tailored suit. Surely.

Care for some cider? Here's how to ask me for some. Strange pranks strongly preferred.

I'm a Correspondent and would be delighted to lecture at your orphanage.
+2 link
 Saklad
Saklad
Posts: 406

8/11/2017
Paramount Presences should be able to do literally anything that one of the four stat specializations can. That’s what it is all about, right? Jack of all trades, and master of them too.

Flirting with the Amanuensis should be locked to “Legendary Charisma” or “Paramount Presence”. All of the overcapping storylets should be accessible as well. Doing this requires reaching the absolute height of each stat and specialization, and it is utterly absurd that anyone who has done less can do more here. This is the ultimate accomplishment as far as skill goes, and it should be recognized as such.

Surely this wouldn’t be difficult to fix? Unless I’m wrong about how StoryNexus is built, it should be relatively trivial to filter out all the storylets that require one of the four PoSI specializations but not Paramount Presence, then add the latter to them. Since a Paramount Presence is simultaneously all four specializations, you could leave the context unchanged without being contradictory.


  • --
    Saklad5, a man of many talents
  • +6 link
    alan.huang
    alan.huang
    Posts: 14

    8/11/2017
    Wiwo wrote:
    I don't suppose it's made you invincible to the Nadir or otherwise lastingly raised your stat caps, has it?

    No and no, I'm afraid. :p

    --
    ebzfan, a Paramount Presence
    0 link
     Saklad
    Saklad
    Posts: 406

    8/11/2017
    You know, I sort of wish Society and Bohemians didn’t get converted recently.

    The Salon was a textbook example of why Favours/Renown is better than Connected, but I now have to choose between maxing Renown and stockpiling more Scheme: A Salon for my run at Paramount Presence. That conflict is intended, of course, but still.

    --
    Saklad5, a man of many talents
    0 link
    Gonen
    Gonen
    Posts: 784

    8/11/2017
    Saklad wrote:
    Paramount Presences should be able to do literally anything that one of the four stat specializations can. That’s what it is all about, right? Jack of all trades, and master of them too.


    Agree. Weird...
    Truly believe they'll change that..

    --
    The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

    The long journey to eccentricity:
    # of quirks at level 15: 5
    # of quirks at level 12-14: 4
    # of quirks at level 10: 1
    # of quirks below level 10: 0
    +2 link
    aegisaglow
    aegisaglow
    Posts: 176

    8/11/2017
    Saklad wrote:
    You know, I sort of wish Society and Bohemians didn’t get converted recently.

    The Salon was a textbook example of why Favours/Renown is better than Connected, but I now have to choose between maxing Renown and stockpiling more Scheme: A Salon for my run at Paramount Presence. That conflict is intended, of course, but still.



    Salon seems like a particularly good example of why I disliked Connected: since I had to keep throwing away my Connected for it, it was as if I'd never reached the heights of Society at all. Even though I was constantly throwing these salons that made me famous!

    The way you gain Renown is still silly, but at least it persists.
    edited by aegisaglow on 8/11/2017
    +2 link
     Saklad
    Saklad
    Posts: 406

    8/12/2017
    aegisaglow wrote:
    Saklad wrote:
    You know, I sort of wish Society and Bohemians didn’t get converted recently.

    The Salon was a textbook example of why Favours/Renown is better than Connected, but I now have to choose between maxing Renown and stockpiling more Scheme: A Salon for my run at Paramount Presence. That conflict is intended, of course, but still.



    Salon seems like a particularly good example of why I disliked Connected: since I had to keep throwing away my Connected for it, it was as if I'd never reached the heights of Society at all. Even though I was constantly throwing these salons that made me famous!

    The way you gain Renown is still silly, but at least it persists.
    edited by aegisaglow on 8/11/2017


    I can't really imagine a better way to gain Renown.

    I used to think it was unreasonable to lock Renown behind items that are extremely expensive for the early game, but then I realized that the Carnival options increase Renown directly. I really love that, since it also prevents players from grinding Favours forever.

    --
    Saklad5, a man of many talents
    0 link
    Gonen
    Gonen
    Posts: 784

    8/19/2017
    Right.
    So let's take this thing for a test drive, eh?

    --
    The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

    The long journey to eccentricity:
    # of quirks at level 15: 5
    # of quirks at level 12-14: 4
    # of quirks at level 10: 1
    # of quirks below level 10: 0
    +2 link
    alan.huang
    alan.huang
    Posts: 14

    8/19/2017
    Clicking on the message in my Messages tab just takes me to "Teaching London" it's broken.

    The option isn't inviting another PP for a ride, it's just inviting any Patron for a ride.

    Invite a contact (you must have: A Paramount Presence, 1 x Free Evening) (they must have 1 x Free Evening, A Patron of... 1)
    (emphasis mine)

    --
    ebzfan, a Paramount Presence
    0 link
    Gonen
    Gonen
    Posts: 784

    8/20/2017
    alan.huang wrote:
    Clicking on the message in my Messages tab just takes me to "Teaching London" it's broken.

    The option isn't inviting another PP for a ride, it's just inviting any Patron for a ride.

    Invite a contact (you must have: A Paramount Presence, 1 x Free Evening) (they must have 1 x Free Evening, A Patron of... 1)
    (emphasis mine)



    Yes, sent a bug report on that.
    Three other players told me they can't access the option becaus THEY need to be a PP.
    We'll wait for a reply from FBG.

    Also: your post is a bit out of context, since I wrote you of this bug in the private invitation wink
    edited by Gonen on 8/20/2017

    --
    The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

    The long journey to eccentricity:
    # of quirks at level 15: 5
    # of quirks at level 12-14: 4
    # of quirks at level 10: 1
    # of quirks below level 10: 0
    0 link
    Gonen
    Gonen
    Posts: 784

    8/20/2017
    Flirt with the Amanuensis - is still locked to PP.
    Guess this is here to stay..
    Pity, that. When comparing PP to the vast wealth of Person of some Importance, there is almost nothing new or exciting in the legendary, much waited for, PP.


    Let's see if one can increase every stat with the Unsigned Message with Notability, or that option is closed if not having one of the four specializations.
    edited by Gonen on 8/20/2017

    --
    The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

    The long journey to eccentricity:
    # of quirks at level 15: 5
    # of quirks at level 12-14: 4
    # of quirks at level 10: 1
    # of quirks below level 10: 0
    0 link
    dov
    dov
    Posts: 2006

    8/20/2017
    Gonen wrote:
    Flirt with the Amanuensis - is still locked to PP.
    Guess this is here to stay..
    Pity, that.

    Has anyone filed a bug report and received an official answer if this is intended?

    In my opinion, it makes no gameplay or narrative sense for a Paramount Presence to be blocked from other POSI actions.

    ----
    edited by dov on 8/20/2017

    --
    Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
    (Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
    +3 link
    Gonen
    Gonen
    Posts: 784

    8/20/2017
    dov wrote:

    Has anyone filed a bug report and received an official answer if this is intended?

    In my opinion, it makes no gameplay or narrative sense for a Paramount Presence to be blocked from other POSI actions.

    ----
    edited by dov on 8/20/2017


    Not other POSI actions, only the Specialty ones (For now, just the Amanuensis. Perhaps also Lilac at the Feast?).
    But sure, I'll try and bug report that.

    --
    The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

    The long journey to eccentricity:
    # of quirks at level 15: 5
    # of quirks at level 12-14: 4
    # of quirks at level 10: 1
    # of quirks below level 10: 0
    0 link
    dov
    dov
    Posts: 2006

    8/20/2017
    Hey, I've missed it that you've reached Paramount Presence, too!

    Congratulations! That was fast!

    --
    Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
    (Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
    0 link
    Raccoonajr
    Raccoonajr
    Posts: 15

    8/20/2017
    Awesome! Congrats on achieving Paramount Presence!

    --
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Raccoonajr
    0 link
    Koenig
    Koenig
    Posts: 436

    8/20/2017
    If I may ask, what exactly did you have to do and where did you have to do it to finally make the transition. I have started changing my PoSI qualities primarily so i can max out my renown qualities, but If I can make it to this as well I will gladly do so.
    edited by Koenig on 8/20/2017

    --

    Koenig: Extraordinary. Invisible. Shattering. Legendary.

    0 link
    alan.huang
    alan.huang
    Posts: 14

    8/20/2017
    Look here.

    --
    ebzfan, a Paramount Presence
    +1 link
    dov
    dov
    Posts: 2006

    8/20/2017
    Gonen wrote:
    dov wrote:
    In my opinion, it makes no gameplay or narrative sense for a Paramount Presence to be blocked from other POSI actions.


    Not other POSI actions, only the Specialty ones

    Yeah, I meant the POSI specialization options (such as there are, including stat overcapping!).

    It's not just that PP is supposed to be "more" than the other specialization roles. It's that to become PP you explicitly *have* to become all of the specializations one by one. So it makes no sense to suddenly not be able to flirt with the Amanuensis, or to overcap all the stats.

    ----
    edited by dov on 8/20/2017

    --
    Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
    (Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
    0 link
    Koenig
    Koenig
    Posts: 436

    8/20/2017
    alan.huang wrote:
    Look here.

    Thank you. I was not aware of the new options for any stats already at 215. I went ahead and did that for the correspondence as it is my preference, but I do feel a bit sad that I did not go for the option with the uber goat as fate locked content is not kept on the wiki.


    Would anyone mind sending me PM containing an echo from that option? I am very curious of it.

    --

    Koenig: Extraordinary. Invisible. Shattering. Legendary.

    0 link
    Gonen
    Gonen
    Posts: 784

    8/21/2017
    An Unsigned Message - A PP is locked out of the options to increase stats via this card using Notability. One needs the certain POSI speciality for that, not including PP.
    (As dov predicted).
    Hmm..
    Also, the last option on this card is still Impossible (but I didn't really expected new content there)
    edited by Gonen on 8/21/2017

    --
    The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

    The long journey to eccentricity:
    # of quirks at level 15: 5
    # of quirks at level 12-14: 4
    # of quirks at level 10: 1
    # of quirks below level 10: 0
    0 link




    Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software