Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Paramount Presence Messages in this topic - RSS

Wiwo
Wiwo

5 days ago
I don't suppose it's made you invincible to the Nadir or otherwise lastingly raised your stat caps, has it?

--
Wiwo. Almost certainly not a squid in a cunningly tailored suit. Surely.

Care for some cider? Here's how to ask me for some. Strange pranks strongly preferred.

I'm a Correspondent and would be delighted to lecture at your orphanage.
+2 link
 Saklad
Saklad

5 days ago
Paramount Presences should be able to do literally anything that one of the four stat specializations can. That’s what it is all about, right? Jack of all trades, and master of them too.

Flirting with the Amanuensis should be locked to “Legendary Charisma” or “Paramount Presence”. All of the overcapping storylets should be accessible as well. Doing this requires reaching the absolute height of each stat and specialization, and it is utterly absurd that anyone who has done less can do more here. This is the ultimate accomplishment as far as skill goes, and it should be recognized as such.

Surely this wouldn’t be difficult to fix? Unless I’m wrong about how StoryNexus is built, it should be relatively trivial to filter out all the storylets that require one of the four PoSI specializations but not Paramount Presence, then add the latter to them. Since a Paramount Presence is simultaneously all four specializations, you could leave the context unchanged without being contradictory.

• --
    Saklad5, a man of many talents
  • +4 link
    alan.huang
    alan.huang

5 days ago
    Wiwo wrote:
    I don't suppose it's made you invincible to the Nadir or otherwise lastingly raised your stat caps, has it?

No and no, I'm afraid. :p

--
    ebzfan, a Paramount Presence
    0 link
     Saklad
    Saklad

5 days ago
    You know, I sort of wish Society and Bohemians didn’t get converted recently.

The Salon was a textbook example of why Favours/Renown is better than Connected, but I now have to choose between maxing Renown and stockpiling more Scheme: A Salon for my run at Paramount Presence. That conflict is intended, of course, but still.

--
    0 link
    Gonen
    Gonen

5 days ago
    Saklad wrote:
    Paramount Presences should be able to do literally anything that one of the four stat specializations can. That’s what it is all about, right? Jack of all trades, and master of them too.

Agree. Weird...
    Truly believe they'll change that..

--
    The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Sir Gonen

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
    # of quirks at level 15: 5
    # of quirks at level 12-14: 4
    # of quirks at level 10: 1
    # of quirks below level 10: 0
    +2 link
    aegisaglow
    aegisaglow

5 days ago
    Saklad wrote:

The Salon was a textbook example of why Favours/Renown is better than Connected, but I now have to choose between maxing Renown and stockpiling more Scheme: A Salon for my run at Paramount Presence. That conflict is intended, of course, but still.

Salon seems like a particularly good example of why I disliked Connected: since I had to keep throwing away my Connected for it, it was as if I'd never reached the heights of Society at all. Even though I was constantly throwing these salons that made me famous!

The way you gain Renown is still silly, but at least it persists.
    edited by aegisaglow on 8/11/2017
    +2 link
     Saklad
    Saklad

4 days ago
    aegisaglow wrote:
    Saklad wrote:

Salon seems like a particularly good example of why I disliked Connected: since I had to keep throwing away my Connected for it, it was as if I'd never reached the heights of Society at all. Even though I was constantly throwing these salons that made me famous!

The way you gain Renown is still silly, but at least it persists.
    edited by aegisaglow on 8/11/2017

I can't really imagine a better way to gain Renown.

I used to think it was unreasonable to lock Renown behind items that are extremely expensive for the early game, but then I realized that the Carnival options increase Renown directly. I really love that, since it also prevents players from grinding Favours forever.

--
    0 link