Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

The Sanguine Ribbon Society: Unsatisfactory Death Messages in this topic - RSS

Saklad
Saklad

7/27/2017
I absolutely love the new Lethal Sparring Bouts, but I have one major problem with them: rather than sending you to the Boatman, losing just sets your Wounds to 8.

• This is a problem, because it is currently impossible to avoid burning a Horsehead Amulet when you reach that level of Wounds. I keep those around for unexpected and unintentional deaths, and I don’t want them used up when I’m all ready to go play chess with a skeleton.

There are two possible ways to fix this:

1. Change the result of losing a Lethal Sparring Bout so that it sets your location to “A slow boat passing a dark beach on a silent river” in addition to setting your Wounds to 8. The Horsehead Amulet only triggers while in Fallen London, so that would sidestep the issue entirely.

2. Change the Horsehead Amulet so that players have the option not to use it. Please choose this option.

• edited by Saklad5 on 7/27/2017

--
    Saklad5, a man of many talents
  • +13 link
    Tystefy
    Tystefy

7/27/2017
    ... rather than sending you to the Boatman, losing just sets your Wounds to 8.

"just"? More like you just want to sip a cheeky tonic at death's doormat!

--
    I came back for the weasels.
    0 link
    Kukapetal
    Kukapetal

7/27/2017
    I like the second option too. Instead of using it automatically, the game should just ask you if you want to use it and then send you to the appropriate place based on your answer.
    +6 link
    Tystefy
    Tystefy

7/27/2017
    Kukapetal wrote:
    I like the second option too. Instead of using it automatically, the game should just ask you if you want to use it and then send you to the appropriate place based on your answer.

I don't think a horse would like having to ask for permission to kick you, let alone saving your gosh dang life.

--
    I came back for the weasels.
    +1 link
     Saklad
    Saklad

7/27/2017
    Tystefy wrote:
    Kukapetal wrote:

I don’t think a horse would like having to ask for permission to kick you, let alone saving your gosh dang life.

You want to nitpick? Fine. It isn’t a horse.

• --
  • +6 link
    Passionario
    Passionario

7/27/2017
    The property of horsehead amulets to activate regardless of the desires of their wearer can be very useful at times. Especially if your interests are not aligned with those of said wearer.

--
    Passionario: Profile, Story, Ending
    Passion: Profile
    0 link
    Gillsing
    Gillsing

7/27/2017
    It does make sense that one would be able to choose to not wear a horsehead amulet for a duel, or for any other particular activity. But it doesn't make sense that a wearer would be able to choose whether the amulet activates or not. So maybe the storylet could just ask the player whether they were wearing their Horsehead Amulet(s) or not?

I assume that FBG would have no desire to turn those amulets back into wearable equipment, but this time giving a special quality which becomes the quality actually interfering with death, rather than the mere ownership of an amulet.
    +5 link
     Saklad
    Saklad

7/28/2017
    Should I sent Failbetter a feedback email about this, or just assume they are closely watching the forums after a rather substantial content drop like this? (If so, hi)

--
    +5 link
    Sara Hysaro
    Sara Hysaro

7/28/2017
    They do read the forums, but sending an email is the surest way to make sure it gets to them.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
    Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
    +1 link
    Nigel Overstreet
    Nigel Overstreet

7/28/2017
    Always send a email if you can. That's a surer way to get a ticket for a change opened up, as opposed to it just being an idea that they might get around to eventually.
    It's just logistically easier.

--
    The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
    Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
    +2 link
     Saklad
    Saklad

8/7/2017
    Failbetter took option 2! We can now avoid using Horsehead Amulets!

--
    +10 link
    Catherine Raymond
    Catherine Raymond

8/7/2017
    Saklad wrote:
    Failbetter took option 2! We can now avoid using Horsehead Amulets!

That's great news! (I haven't had lots of experience with the whole Sanguine Ribbons thing yet.)
    edited by cathyr19355 on 8/7/2017

--
    Cathy Raymond
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
    0 link
    Amalgamate
    Amalgamate

12 days ago
    How do you avoid using a horsehead amulet? I just died to sanguine ribbon and didn't have any options...

--
    My profile is at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/amalgamate .

Social invitations of all kinds welcome!
    0 link
     Saklad
    Saklad

10 days ago
    Amalgamate wrote:
    How do you avoid using a horsehead amulet? I just died to sanguine ribbon and didn't have any options...

I, uh, haven’t actually been able to get a new Horsehead Amulet since they said it was changed. Those things are quite rare, after all, and I haven’t been going out of my way to grind for them. I assumed it was an option on the storylet that auto-fires when Wounds reaches 8 or more while you have one.

--
    0 link
    dov
    dov

10 days ago
    I have just tried this myself on an alt, and the Horsehead Amulet has triggered automatically as always. There was no option to avoid using it.

--
    Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
    (Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
    +1 link
    alekth
    alekth

9 days ago
    I've avoided losing my last horsehead amulet by keeping a few Tinctures of Vigour, or alternatively, an offer for healing in the messages. To use between getting Wounds 8 and hitting "Proceed" or refreshing the Story tab (or browser tab).

Although I think the choice between death and amulet did indeed use to work at some point.

--
    Ray Trevelyan - Battles of all kinds are welcome - plants, chess and deadly
    Aileas Amell - a lady with few goals- vengeance and seeking take their time
    0 link