Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Election

A place for in-game political discussion.

1896 Mayoral Candidates Discussion Messages in this topic - RSS

Winthropx
Winthropx

2/21/2018
I'd kind of like to see the Lady in Lilac be a contender. She already works behind the scenes to bring people together. I don't think it would be that hard to use the same influence to run in an election. I have no idea why she would want to run though.

--
Bishop Winthrop, a kind-hearted soul
A Paramount Presence
I accept all social actions except Investigating the Affluent Photographer
+1 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

2/21/2018
vinceren wrote:
1. F. F. Gebrandt: a trustworthy and successful businesswoman, though we must make sure her business interests do not interfere with a mayoral post...
2. The Tentacled Entrepreneur: a trustworthy and successful businesssomething, who greatly charmed me at a party
3. The Presbyterate Adventuress. Cool as hell and a minor character that would be fun to explore or even meet.
4. The Tiger-Keeper. I'd like to offer him as a slightly less frightening and more reasonable alternative to the Matriarch. Also, I absolutely loved the keeper-who-is-a-tiger as opposed to the keeper-who-keeps-tigers you assume.
5. Miriam Plenty. Sharp, reliable(ish), a woman of the people, and mysterious. I'd like to see more of her and also like her as a mayor.

Those are VERY interesting suggestions. Here are my thoughts about them.

a, F.F. Gebrandt. A very plausible Mayoral candidate. Not the most fun of candidates, though. She'd be too conventional.
b, The Tentacled Entrepreneur. A very implausible Mayoral candidate. (Not that that eliminates er... it...from consideration; FL is a game with a highly implausible premise after all.) The TE's limited communication skills would be an enormous handicap in politics, especially London politics. But if it had an assistant who could do the speaking for it? Perhaps the Deluged Docent would be interested in that job?
c. The Presbyterate Adventuress. Possibly too intelligent to want the job, but if she were suitably motivated to run, I'd be delighted to vote for her--I think she's tough and smart and my character and I think she would be a splendid Mayor.
d. The Tiger Keeper. I would have loved the TK as Mayor UNTIL Port Carnelian (and now the Court of the Wakeful Eye) opened. The problem is that the TK is essentially a member of an alien race. He has his own interests to foster and they may not include the welfare of the human inhabitants of Fallen London. My character would spare no effort to keep the TK from winning. Now, mind you, the risks implicit in electing the TK may be a reason to have him as a candidate.... :-)
e. Mrs. Plenty. Having played through SMEN with another character, I think Mrs. Plenty is tougher, shrewder, and more knowledgeable about both the ordinary and the extraordinary hazards of Fallen London than most of the other possible candidates, and that spells Mayoral timber to me.
edited by cathyr19355 on 3/20/2018
edited by cathyr19355 on 4/3/2018

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+2 link
Siankan
Siankan

2/21/2018
Catherine Raymond wrote:
Now, mind you, the risks implicit in electing the TK may be a reason to have him as a candidate.

What do you mean? London would never elect Feducci as...! Wait...

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+2 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

2/21/2018
I would love to vote for Virginia the Deviless, she always dabbled around influential figures.
Or Your Inconvenient Aunt, she's family after all.
Or maybe a drownie, or Clay Man or even a Rubbery Man, just for the Controversy of it!

--
Honeyaddict, Canon

A pleasure to meet you.
PM me here for social interactions in Fallen London. (Please no Photographer, all others are welcome.)
Or send me a calling card (or letter) first in Fallen London.
(I will accept almost all social interactions and am willing to Role Play)
+1 link
millea
millea

3/20/2018
We've been discussing possible candidates over at the Discord server and I made some mockup posters. Maybe you guys will get a chuckle out of them. Big Grin

--
Elvira Blake, the Pariah's Doctor.
Anne Meredith, the Disfigured Captain.
+16 link
Xenonia
Xenonia

3/30/2018
Vote for Silas! A leader with a (blurry) vision!
+1 link
Daykeeper
Daykeeper

3/30/2018
Very, very impressive work, millea!

I nominate Lyme. He's perhaps the most educated person in London.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daykeeper
+2 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

3/31/2018
Daykeeper wrote:
Very, very impressive work, millea!

I nominate Lyme. He's perhaps the most educated person in London.

And helps you with the market! smile

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+2 link
GuesssWho
GuesssWho

3/31/2018
The Northbound Parliamentarian would be a darkly hilarious choice for mayor.

--
DO you recall how the Hunger began?
I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
FROM past the High Wilderness and beyond
Don't dare to go Seeking, but of Him I'm fond.
--The Elfin Cannibal

Bohemian. Revolutionary. Fond of Rubbery Men. Carefully friendly towards He In The Well.
+3 link
Raihan
Raihan

3/31/2018
My meager thoughts:

1) The Northbound Parliamentarian: Already connected to both the workings of the political machine AND to one of the most terrible and wondrous mysteries of the Neath.

2) The Ambitious Barrister: It's in the name! The moniker, rather. Surely this would be another peak for her to conquer.

3) Our Incovenient Aunt: What could be more incovenient than having our dear aunt campaign to be elected Mayor?
0 link
Xenonia
Xenonia

4/2/2018
The Starveling Cat! The Starveling Cat! Running for mayor of London, oh drat!
+3 link
Nero Keller
Nero Keller

4/3/2018
The Bishop of St. Fiacre's. He'll illuminate the path forward
[spoiler]unless he eats all the candles first.[/spoiler]

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Miss%20Nero%20Keller - Nero Keller, Monster Hunter of a notoriously small stature and absurdly high Dangerous. Paramount Presence, Bishop, highly Renowned, incredibly ascetic.
+1 link
shylarah
shylarah

4/26/2018
WHERE IS THE DISCORD SERVER?! there's an official discord server?

I am still heartily in favor of Your Aunt. Despite the rp issues involved -- but that's the fun, after all! Your Aunt is about, even if you don't have one. Or maybe she just claims to be your aunt. Maybe she wants to be everyone's aunt. Maybe she sort of adopted you.

Though she might be in with the devils, now, who knows. Maybe she's London's Aunt, and not actually the PC's. But I think we can make it work. <3

--
Lady of Cold Steel, Lady of the Flit, Lady Alyssana Grey. A formidable woman, hard to read and slow to trust. Darkness lurks inside her.

Alts: (please direct all inquiries to Alys & say who they're for)
-Nikki, the Playful Daredevil, leading the constables on merry chases across London at every available opportunity. It's not a good robbery if you didn't get chased~
-Shylarah, waifish, wide-eyed, painfully foreign, entirely untamed. Her search for a way home now leads her to Parabola. There's something about her...
-Dr. Maxwell Thomas, a kindhearted physician who can't stand to see suffering. Moral to a fault, even to his own detriment. Unlucky in love.
I would rather be taken for a fool than deny aid where it is needed.
-Angie, the Cheeky Sharpshooter. Got her start with the Regiment and proudly operated their cannon for years. Rowdy, rough, and among the best shots in London.
+3 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

4/28/2018
The bare thought of a Starveling Cat running for political office in London is so thoroughgoingly mad that I'd almost like to see it happen. Almost.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+4 link
cleanfear
cleanfear

5/1/2018
The Starveling Cat! The Starveling Cat! You voted him mayor, oh noes.. now what?!

--
Elduin, Legendary Charisma accepting applications for patronage. Send me a calling card: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Elduin
0 link
Jamilah S. G. Wolf
Jamilah S. G. Wolf

5/1/2018
I'm not sure if this fits canonically (does the Cheery Man get eliminated if you side with the Last Constable?), but I'd like to see the Cheery Man run for Mayor. Although this doesn't fit his character, it'd be interesting to see someone associated with the criminal element so heavily change London.

--

Jamilah
, a most fascinating Lady of the Neath who finds herself mingling with Society and aligning with Criminals. This Licentiate Extraordinaire would love to align with the Masters, given the chance. A Shattering Force.
Huarwar Ceiswyr, a Welshman and detective born to Seek. He can be a bit skittish, but never turns down a chocolate. (Semi-hiatus)

Open to all actions, delicious friends.

She wishes for nothing more than to be close to the Masters, for who else can unlock the Mysteries of the Neath?
Recently off hiatus.
0 link
Syril Dawntreader
Syril Dawntreader

5/3/2018
Jamilah S. G. Wolf wrote:
I'm not sure if this fits canonically (does the Cheery Man get eliminated if you side with the Last Constable?), but I'd like to see the Cheery Man run for Mayor. Although this doesn't fit his character, it'd be interesting to see someone associated with the criminal element so heavily change London.
[spoiler]Regardless of who you side with, either or both of them can die.[/spoiler]

I as well would like to see:

1) Three urchins in a trench-coat: No one else cared about the poor impoverished children of the rooftops, so they are doing it themselves (as usual).

2) The Starveling Cat! The Starveling Cat! It's London's new mayor, but it's a cat!

3) The Ambitious Barrister: I think it's about time she did something with those ambitions.

Our Inconvenient Aunt would be cool, but for players who haven't spent fate to continue her story she is not in any condition to run.
edited by Syril Dawntreader on 5/3/2018

--
Syril Dawntreader, Glassman, Politician, and Amateur Seahorse Breeder - http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Syril_Dawntreader
+2 link
Rhode Wardwado
Rhode Wardwado

5/4/2018
Syril Dawntreader wrote:
1) Three urchins in a trench-coat: No one else cared about the poor impoverished children of the rooftops, so they are doing it themselves (as usual).

I would pour every last resource I had into this helping this candidate win. "Seeking Mr Eaten's Name" levels of self-sacrifice.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rhode%20Wardwado
+3 link
Gul al-Ahlaam
Gul al-Ahlaam

5/6/2018
We're in for something peculiar, it seems.

• --
    Gul, the Uncanny Hierophant
  • +3 link
    TeslaWalker
    TeslaWalker

5/7/2018
    Can we get an upright citizen this time? Or someone other than the most recognizable face...

--
    Cpt. Martin Walker, a sagacious and magnanimous gentleman.
    For Faith! For Temperance! For a Future without Monsters!
    0 link