Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Off topic: The Surface

Discuss topics unrelated to our games here - as ever, be courteous and have fun!

Alexis Kennedy's Cultist Simulator Messages in this topic - RSS

Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

9 days ago
Since leaving Failbetter, Alexis Kennedy has been working on a new project, Cultist Simulator: Behold Our End. It's exactly what it sounds like.

Alexis Kennedy, July 12, 2017 wrote:
It’s a game of apocalypse and yearning – a digital narrative boardgame about trying to destroy the world, but also about the reasons you’d want to do that, and the things that are missing from the world.

…if you want a game where you can paint nightmarish visions or crush investigators or betray your fellow cultists or feed unnamable hungers or travel behind the walls of the world or retire to live a cosy life with your children or drown the cities in terrible light

…if you fancy something a little like Fallen London without the F2P and grind

…or if you wanted more of the Uttermost East content in Sunless Sea, or the Mr Eaten content in Fallen London

… then pop your name into the mailing list, and I’ll tell you about the Kickstarter when it’s ready. And also about my collaborators, about the Cultist Simulator Perpetual Edition, about Noon, and about the journal of Teresa Galmier.

The kickstarter is tentatively scheduled to begin in September. There's also a free, very basic Alpha available for download on the website.
edited by Anne Auclair on 7/17/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
+3 link
Barse
Barse

9 days ago
It's been dormant for a while (since until a week or so ago there was very little activity in development) but there is a fledgling thread for it over here as well. smile

The Kickstarter is definitely worth keeping an eye on, even for FL-only fans - Alexis floated the idea that one of the reward tiers might be him answering any question (NDAs notwithstanding) about any game he's worked on.
edited by Barse on 7/17/2017

--
The Scorched Sailor, Captain of The Reckoning Postponed.
+1 link
Infinity Simulacrum
Infinity Simulacrum

8 days ago
Alexis will resume work on it in August, he's currently occupied with a stint over at Bioware, IIRC.

I like the concept of the game, and the Alpha seems promising. But that's about all it seems, since I can't get past the first 10 minutes of play because eventually the b____y game ends up freezing or getting stuck.
To anyone playing the alpha: take extreme care not to drop the cards over any of the token fields, else you'll be unable to pick up or drag cards anymore and restarting will be the only remainder option.

--
There are no Hobos in London. Possibly, there are some in Hell
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

8 days ago
Probably he's sometimes like Oatmeal (the panel above the share ID) so I'll just wait here for more newsletters from TWF. Even if it's not a fascinating NL, Alexis sure offers an interesting palette of subjects; specially that tween where he mentioned John Carpenter (worth checking him out)!

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

2 days ago
Barse wrote:
I
The Kickstarter is definitely worth keeping an eye on, even for FL-only fans - Alexis floated the idea that one of the reward tiers might be him answering any question (NDAs notwithstanding) about any game he's worked on.
edited by Barse on 7/17/2017

This has now been confirmed.

I am now flirting with the idea of paying the hundred quid KS price to get an answer to one question. If I can think of a worthwhile one. (Any ernest but broke fans who have a question they're dying to ask?)

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
+3 link
TeslaWalker
TeslaWalker

2 days ago
Teaspoon wrote:
(Any ernest but broke fans who have a question they're dying to ask?)

Will everything truly be well in the end?

--
Cpt. Martin Walker, a sagacious and magnanimous gentleman.
For Faith! For Temperance! For a Future without Londoners on Triremes!
+2 link
gronostaj
gronostaj

2 days ago
"Linux version, barely tested" has the same rhytm in my mind's ear as "baby shoes, never worn", so of course I tried it out. It actually turned on, which is more than I can say about most Linux alpha-version games, and seems fascinating but...... has anyone else found the interface maddening (not in a good, exciting way) and prone to cluttering? I found myself constantly trying to zoom out to see a bigger fragment of the board.

Genuinely not sure if it's the UI design or me doing something wrong.

--
Gronostaj, an irresistible and lethal individual of mysterious and indistinct gender. Seeker. Willing to die- but not of boredom. Open to all social actions, including loitering or mutual murder.
+2 link
Kylestien
Kylestien

1 days ago
(Any ernest but broke fans who have a question they're dying to ask?)

Is A Paramount Presense in game and can it be accesed by people? People have kinda given up on ever finding it.

--
I will accept all actions, though I hold the right to refuse for my own reasons. However, if you explain WHY you send me a harmful action like Loitering or Dantes,And I feel the reason good, I will consider it more. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kylestien

Persuasive patron. You want a lesson, send me a message asking for one.
+2 link
TeslaWalker
TeslaWalker

1 days ago
Kylestien wrote:
Is A Paramount Presense in game and can it be accesed by people? People have kinda given up on ever finding it.

Alternatively, how does one become A Paramount Presence within Fallen London? If he says it's impossible that answers the question, if he says how that gives the path if it is possible.
edited by TeslaWalker on 7/25/2017

--
Cpt. Martin Walker, a sagacious and magnanimous gentleman.
For Faith! For Temperance! For a Future without Londoners on Triremes!
0 link
The Soft-Hearted Revolutionary

1 days ago
Paramount Presence is already in the game, or something like it anyway.
Try overcapping a stat to 215 and check the Unfinished Business of that stat
0 link
dov
dov

1 days ago
The Soft-Hearted Revolutionary wrote:

There's absolutely no evidence yet that Paramount Presence exists in the game, let alone that the new additions to Unfinished Business lead to it.

However, *if* it exists, the new additions are probably the most likely path to it.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link

1 days ago
dov wrote:
The Soft-Hearted Revolutionary wrote:

There's absolutely no evidence yet that Paramount Presence exists in the game, let alone that the new additions to Unfinished Business lead to it.

However, *if* it exists, the new additions are probably the most likely path to it.

It's very likely a step to it, but it's probably the first of many
0 link
Gonen
Gonen

1 days ago
Kylestien wrote:

Alexis wrote he'll answer LORE. Don't think this qualifies...
Also, what new addition at stat 215?

--
The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Sir Gonen

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
# of quirks at level 15: 5
# of quirks at level 12-14: 4
# of quirks at level 10: 1
# of quirks below level 10: 0
0 link
Arcanuse
Arcanuse

1 days ago
Here's one that's been bugging me.
What WAS the name? It was Mr Candles. It currently is Mr eaten.
But what was their name before the first city fell?
Before the Bazaar even entered the Neath?

For all of the Seeking Mr. Eaten's name, I don't think we ever find out what the name actually is.
Or was, considering circumstance.

--
"Seems the wanderer is finally ready to return. Who can say how this will change things?"
+1 link
dov
dov

21 hours ago
Gonen wrote:
Also, what new addition at stat 215?

If you overcap a main stat to 215 (i.e. use up 15 Notability), then there's a new option in the Unifinished Business corresponding to that stat.

See this thread.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link