Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Preparation for Fruits of the Zee Festival? Messages in this topic - RSS

Ephiks
Ephiks

7/18/2017
I did not check carefully enough...thank you for the link.

Oh well, time to grind my quirks and my cartography items up!

What would be a recommended number of map scraps, zee ztories, and partial maps for the festival?

--
IT may be from the surface...

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ephiks
0 link
Harlocke
Harlocke

7/18/2017
Ephiks wrote:
Thank you for all the responses!

I also heard that you can turn in your strange catch for a destiny. Any tips on choosing one? And would it make sense to go to Mutton Island one day before the event starts to save actions ?

Destinies have a dual purpose. They have a roleplaying purpose, by allowing you to select your character's probable future and display it on your profile. And they also have a mechanical purpose, providing a permanent small bonus to one or two stats. Here's a guide listing all the destinies.

--
I welcome social actions, and can visit your salon as an author.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Harlocke
+1 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

7/18/2017
Ephiks wrote:

How many actions does it take to use the ferry? Can it also be used for return trips?

The ferry is significantly faster than a regular trip and the cost is far less than actually sailing there. As long as you traveled to Mutton Island by ferry you are eligible for one return trip, so non-PoSI can't get stranded there.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
+2 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

7/18/2017
Another thing that wasn't mentioned, just be sure to not pump up all your quirks. Some items require a lower catch level which is easier to obtain with a lower RB value.

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+2 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

7/18/2017
Last year I obtained a Destiny at the Festival... but I did not play through it. I have no idea how I did it. I am quite happy with the Destiny I picked but is it possible to change it at the Festival (and get the same) just so I can see the gameplay this time?

Edit: I just saw you can become a Judgement, for Fate. I think I might pick this up instead!
edited by Jolanda Swan on 7/18/2017

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, permanently ink stained under the lace... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

7/18/2017
You cannot become a Judgement. You can, perhaps, become something else.

Changing your Destiny does cost Fate on top of the cost if you wish to choose a Fate-locked Destiny.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+2 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

7/18/2017
Thank you! As I roleplay the character, her goals change and the mysteries get to her. A testament to great writing, I guess.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, permanently ink stained under the lace... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+3 link
Tystefy
Tystefy

7/18/2017
Waitaminute. Can't one acquire a SMEN candle from these holidays?

--
Currently borderline AFK.
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

7/18/2017
No but you can get St Destin's at Hallowmas.

--
ciel

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome though loitering might be inconvenient at times. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
dov
dov

7/18/2017
Tystefy wrote:

When choosing a Destiny, you can get St Destin's candle by choosing the Torment Destiny. But only if you have SMEN at 35 and St Cerise's candle (and your own ship).

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Harlocke
Harlocke

7/18/2017
dov wrote:
Tystefy wrote:

When choosing a Destiny, you can get St Destin's candle by choosing the Torment Destiny. But only if you have SMEN at 35 and St Cerise's candle (and your own ship).

There is another way to get St. Destins too, if you'd rather not consign yourself to eternal torment.

--
I welcome social actions, and can visit your salon as an author.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Harlocke
+1 link
dov
dov

7/19/2017
There are several ways, though not the 7 which were promised.

But if you want to go NORTH, then getting the Torment Destiny is by far the easiest way to get St Destin's candle.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
DeserterKalak
DeserterKalak

7/28/2017
Failing a quirk check on fiahing increases that quirk, and you'll have plenty of time. Plus, while the festivals material rewards compare unfavourably to the best high-end choices in London, if you're not a PoSI they're probably at least competitive, so as a newish player you can spend the entire festival on Mutton Island without feeling like an asshole. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/DeserterKalak
+1 link