Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Off topic: The Surface

Discuss topics unrelated to our games here - as ever, be courteous and have fun!

Silent Streets Messages in this topic - RSS

Parelle
Parelle

7/15/2017
Has anyone played this? It is written by one of FL and Sunless Sea writers, Richard Corbett.
http://www.silent-streets.com/

--
Parelle, Lady Joseph Marlen. The Singular Librarian. Midnighter of The Shrine of Saint Joshua, a Player of the Marvelous.
pages from a dusty bookshop: a badly updated FL changelog | Useful Guidance and Explanations
+4 link
SirWerther
SirWerther

7/18/2017
I never had the opportunity to play this marvelous game, I thank you for the recommendation.
+2 link
Demid Tishin
Demid Tishin

8/2/2017
[materialised out of thin air] Dear Sir Werther, Ms Parelle, So how did you find our game? What are your comments and critique?
0 link
crazyroosterman
crazyroosterman

8/2/2017
id love to play this to it appears to only work on phone devices of which my self being one of the rare weirdo's who doesn't have a game capable phone on me makes it unplayable.
0 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

8/3/2017
I've looked at it twice now and am unable to play for the same reason as Mr. CRM.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
0 link
Lady Strange
Lady Strange

8/3/2017
I, too, have no mobile phone, and must give this a miss, alas.

--
My main, Lady Strange - http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lady Strange, in the process of stockpiling various items for various purposes, one task at a time. Regrettably not accepting challenges for the Tournament of Lilies.

My Alt, Lord George Mowbray - http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lord George Mowbray, younger son of an impoverished Marquess, proud owner of an Übergoat, ploddingly grinding for cider and other things.
0 link
Demid Tishin
Demid Tishin

8/3/2017
Snowport Herald reports unusually high daylight robbery rates in the recent days. It appears that the unfortunate victims were relieved of their private entertainment devices by the Londoners greedy for the state of the art amusement.
edited by demid_tishin on 8/3/2017
edited by demid_tishin on 8/3/2017
+2 link
Parelle
Parelle

8/3/2017
It's hard to do inside a house, strangely enough. But it's nicely done and has style - just employ headphones and head out for a walk around the neighborhood...

--
Parelle, Lady Joseph Marlen. The Singular Librarian. Midnighter of The Shrine of Saint Joshua, a Player of the Marvelous.
pages from a dusty bookshop: a badly updated FL changelog | Useful Guidance and Explanations
0 link
Demid Tishin
Demid Tishin

8/4/2017
Thank you Parelle for your feedback! The game has a cheat prevention system: it checks your GPS coordinates to make sure you have actually moved somewhere and not simply shaking your device. Hence the slow step count inside. Glad you liked it otherwise smile You can sign up for our newsletter (http://www.silent-streets.com/order/) and stay tuned to Episode 2, hopefully coming out end of August. Cheers!
0 link
gronostaj
gronostaj

8/5/2017
You know, I have to admit, I fell in love with that game lightning-quick. Found myself caring about the characters, including my player character, in truly record time- like two lines of dialogue in, before I even took my first (literal) steps. Then I grabbed my dog, my boots and my phone, and went to park to score some of these steps. The 3am walks through dark places really enchance the game's atmosphere. It's probably even better with AR, but since my phone is old and cheap, I consider it a sufficient miracle the game runs on it at all, AR-less.

God bless, nay, gods, all gods, bless the coder who made the step counter work when phone screen is locked. If only the sound worked, as well- shame about the music stopping, because it's a nice moody little tune, and triple shame about the events that stop the step-counting not being signalised. A buzz or a little jingle would be appreciated.

The game experiences some traditional GPS issues of the "i had 200 steps to make, I walked five kilometers and it says I still have 199 steps to make" variety, as well as lagging interface (might be my old phone being old, though), but it's so damn charming I just can't be mad at it.

--
Gronostaj (pl. Ermine), an irresistible and lethal individual of mysterious and indistinct gender. Seeker. Willing to die- but not of boredom. Open to all social actions, including mutual murder.
0 link
Demid Tishin
Demid Tishin

8/6/2017
Thanks Gronostaj for your praise and your feedback! Actually there are push notifications (typically vibration and sound) when you get an encounter, maybe you turned them off in your phone's sound settings?

As for the music and sound, our initial plan was to let the player listen to the Victorian streets when she walks but then we dropped it - many players prefer listening to their own music (or none at all), plus the modern urban noise is often too loud and outright kills all nuances in the game sound.

What you mention about the step count is strange, please send a brief support email to hello@funbakers.com if you can.

Thanks again and hopefully see you in Episode Two, The Mockingbird's Last Dive smile
0 link