Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Questions, Beginning 10/07/2017 Messages in this topic - RSS

Jeremy Avalon
Jeremy Avalon

7/17/2017
Lorbok wrote:
Does merely having SMEN have any negative consequences if one doesn't actually participate in any harmful activities? I've only encountered one undiscardable card this far.

• Well, until you advance to 2 or 3 and acquire the Bad End, you'll continue to see that card. Other than that, no. There are no longer any automatic penalties, nor nonconsensual social actions.

--
    The Licentious Ludologist, a delightful gentleman of indiscriminate and eternal appetites.

Rigor Mortis, a web comic about three little undead girls and their search for friendship and decent Wi-Fi in Hell. If you like the more comedic and humane side of FL, you might like it.
  • 0 link
    Pan Tofel
    Pan Tofel

7/17/2017
    A Fate-locked content related question, hope it is ok.

I think I'm missing something with Theological husbandry. I've bred all beast and consequently the owl, but there also was something about "Finding out bischop's true motives" or something, but I don't think I've found out anything yet. Also I remember reading somewhere that this story should have an ending of some sort, which defitelly eluded me so far. Is it possible that I'm just overlooking a storylet somewhere or is that it? (I would be contend with that being the case, I just can't stand the thought that there is a content I'm missing.)
    edited by Pan Tofel on 7/17/2017

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Pan%20Tofel Accepting all kinds of social actions
    0 link
    Celdere
    Celdere

7/17/2017
    Amalgamate wrote:
    At Mrs. Plenty's Carnival, there's an option to gain Favours and Renown: Criminals, under "The Sideshows", named "Meet Some Criminals". If it's unavailable to you, it may be that your Renown: Criminals is too high, it only works until you have 5 Renown. If you don't see "The sideshows" storylet at all, it may be because you don't have any carnival tickets; you need tickets to see all the other things to do at the carnival. You can buy (or steal) tickets under the "Buy Tickets to the Carnival" storylet.

I just double checked (and stole some more just to be safe) but I have carnival tickets. Like I said, it's not that the option is locked but rather that it doesn't appear at all. (although looking at it further I expect it's also locked but what's weird to me is that it doesn't appear)
    0 link
    PSGarak
    PSGarak

7/17/2017
    Pan Tofel wrote:

I think I'm missing something with Theological husbandry. I've bred all beast and consequently the owl, but there also was something about "Finding out bischop's true motives" or something, but I don't think I've found out anything yet. Also I remember reading somewhere that this story should have an ending of some sort, which defitelly eluded me so far. Is it possible that I'm just overlooking a storylet somewhere or is that it? (I would be contend with that being the case, I just can't stand the thought that there is a content I'm missing.)

In general for Fate-locked content, please use this thread.

For your specific case:
    [spoiler]The rest of the story proceeds from an Opportunity Card that is unlocked by having one of the new beasts. The RNG may be playing games on you, or you may have used up the relevant beast creating the Owl and not replaced it yet.[/spoiler]

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak
    0 link
    suinicide
    suinicide

7/17/2017
    Pan Tofel wrote:

I think I'm missing something with Theological husbandry. I've bred all beast and consequently the owl, but there also was something about &quotFinding out bischop's true motives&quot or something, but I don't think I've found out anything yet. Also I remember reading somewhere that this story should have an ending of some sort, which defitelly eluded me so far. Is it possible that I'm just overlooking a storylet somewhere or is that it? (I would be contend with that being the case, I just can't stand the thought that there is a content I'm missing.)

There is a one time card that can appear when you have the horse you can breed, that starts the actual story.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
    A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
    RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
    0 link
    xKiv
    xKiv

7/17/2017
    Celdere wrote:

I just double checked (and stole some more just to be safe) but I have carnival tickets. Like I said, it's not that the option is locked but rather that it doesn't appear at all. (although looking at it further I expect it's also locked but what's weird to me is that it doesn't appear)

It doesn't appear for my Seeker either (I am not checking the other characters right now). It definitely used to be there. Now I only see revolutionaries, urchins, and duchess.

I also don't see great game and docks anywhere in the carnival.

Look like a bug to me ... or preparation for something else.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
    0 link
    Pumpkinhead
    Pumpkinhead

7/17/2017
    Most of the renown things at the carnival disappear once you have renown 5. I think there was an exception or two last time I looked, but the norm was for them to not show up when they're locked.

--
    McGunn/Bsymstad is open to social actions. Will usually respond because he has nothing better to do at the moment, except when zailing.
    Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
    0 link
    PSGarak
    PSGarak

7/17/2017
    Pumpkinhead wrote:
    Most of the renown things at the carnival disappear once you have renown 5. I think there was an exception or two last time I looked, but the norm was for them to not show up when they're locked.

I think there's an FBG quote on this topic... the behavior is now configurable, but by default options that are locked because your quality isn't high enough are visible, while options that are locked because your quality is too high are invisible. In other words, you can see options that you can still graduate into, but you can't see options that you've already graduated out of. Following this rule, the Renown options would disappear by default, unless someone configures them to behave otherwise.

This is probably a technical issue of some options reverting to default, or being low-priority/low-visibility that an inconsistency slipped through QA. I wouldn't assume it's very intentional. I've seen a similar issue on the Renown items during conversions, where if you have 5 Renown, the 15+ option is visible but the 8-14 option is not, causing some players to be concerned how to gain Renown in that range.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak
    0 link
    Pumpkinhead
    Pumpkinhead

7/17/2017
    I always assumed it acted like it does in storynexus, where you choose whether something shows up if a quality isn't met. You could definitely make it "show up when less than required but don't when higher" without too much trouble.
    All I know is at one point I realized I could still see the urchins renown increase option, even though I had renown 5, but that was not the case for the rest of the factions. This was about the time of the constables and hell switch. I wrote something in the feedback thread. I just assumed someone had left the "visible when requirements not met" checked, rather than a bug with the system.
    edited by Pumpkinhead on 7/17/2017

--
    McGunn/Bsymstad is open to social actions. Will usually respond because he has nothing better to do at the moment, except when zailing.
    Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
    0 link
    Teaspoon
    Teaspoon

7/18/2017
    If Parabola is Is-Not, does it stay stable even after the Liberation of Night?

Or does it dissolve because without light, there's no light for reflections.

--
    Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
    +1 link