Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeStoryNexus » StoryNexus: Advice and Discussion

How to build things with StoryNexus

Derived Qualities Messages in this topic - RSS

Passionario
Passionario

5/22/2017
I'm pretty sure this option wasn't there before...

--
This is my profile and this is my light.
These are my words to the merciful night.
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

5/22/2017
Nope, I've never seen it either.
Any idea what it does?
edited by Pumpkinhead on 5/22/2017

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is open to social actions. Will usually respond because he has nothing better to do at the moment, except when zailing.
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
Passionario
Passionario

5/22/2017
As far as I can tell, a DQ is a special type of quality that has some differences from ordinary qualities:

1) The value of a DQ cannot be changed or set via a branch result. Instead, as the name implies, it's derived from values of other qualities via a set of weights/multipliers that you can specify in DQ's properties. Note that multipliers have to be natural numbers.
2) A DQ can be used as a requirement for branches, but not for core storylets.
3) A DQ is semi-hidden from the player. It does not show up in Me, More or Items tabs, and its changes don't create QLD messages, so the only way the player can learn of its existence is if it's set as a branch requirement.
4) A DQ cannot be derived from another DQ.
5) Even though DQs have Thing subtypes (Companion, Currency, Goods, Curiosity, etc.), they can't be equippable or set as equipment slots.

--
+2 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

5/22/2017
Huh. Where was this before and why did it show up now?

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is open to social actions. Will usually respond because he has nothing better to do at the moment, except when zailing.
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

5/22/2017
I think they've been in the system for a while (there's been some stuff on the qualities editor about them) but no idea why the button's only just shown up.

--
Seeking alpha testers for a new StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Welcoming friends, rivals, sightseers; a life of some importance in the Neath.
0 link
Absintheuse
Absintheuse
Administrator

5/23/2017
Hello! Just wanted to pop in and say that Derived Qualities are new functionality for Sunless Skies. They aren't currently planned for Fallen London. It's not something we foresee being about to support in StoryNexus. Hope this clarifies!
+5 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

5/23/2017
Is it any less supported than anything else in storynexus? Will pressing this new button break everything?

--
0 link
xKiv
xKiv

5/23/2017
Pumpkinhead wrote:
Is it any less supported than anything else in storynexus? Will pressing this new button break everything?

It seems to have appeared roughly when ratsending simulator items and qualities spilled over into my fallen london inventory, so ... I think somebody already pressed wink

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
0 link
Absintheuse
Absintheuse
Administrator

5/23/2017
We advise to not press the button. Thanks!
+2 link
Passionario
Passionario

5/23/2017
...what happens if I already pressed the button? Will it break any qualities/storylets?

--
+1 link