Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Questions, Beginning 15/05/2017 Messages in this topic - RSS

Skinnyman
Skinnyman

5/21/2017
Kaijyuu wrote:
Srebro wrote:
POSI items like library or gym?

Yeah; those two will give you useless cards.

The gym is pretty good for Dangerous skilling specially later on if you don't do DT carousels as it can drop from Nadir. To this it has another great option for Rostygold required for expeditions!

Kaijyuu wrote:
At really high stats/items, the Overgoat card will provide 2 permits for 8 actions at ~75-80% chance using a second action, and heists will give you 2 permits (+200 cryptic clues) for ~15 actions.

Going with Kaijuu for heists as an option for the lodgings. Better yield, but the disadvantage is that it's best done from a PC to check wiki for the cards and not to miss click! Besides this it can refresh you deck as exiting from one provides 3x cards.

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
Srebro
Srebro

5/21/2017
Is there a reason to choose the Parthenaum over the Young Stags other than flavour? Books of Hidden Bodies sounds a pain to get compared to Wine Cellars.

Is it worth to purchase inside information for heists?
edited by Srebro on 5/21/2017
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

5/21/2017
Srebro wrote:
Is there a reason to choose the Parthenaum over the Young Stags other than flavour? Books of Hidden Bodies sounds a pain to get compared to Wine Cellars.

RP I would say, but the Young Stags has a way better card!

Srebro wrote:
Is it worth to purchase inside information for heists?

This depends if you have a 5C lodgings, 10+ Dreaded and some experience with heists. Using the gang and Topsy King option for the extra Casing requires you to spend two more AP to get an inside information (II). During most heists that II will save you 1 AP, but sometimes will save you from failing!
If you have a 3C lodgings it's always best to get one II even if you have 10 Dreaded! If you haven't done any heists I would say to buy two just to get yourself accommodated with them; after that you can stay with one.

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
+1 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

5/21/2017
dov wrote:
Pumpkinhead wrote:
2. Someone else would be better equipped to answer this, but I do know to avoid getting in a relationship with the struggling artist's model

The most important thing to avoid is a relationship with the Struggling Artist himself.
The artist's model isn't so bad, especially since you can eventually get rid of her useless card when you're POSI.

Oh, right. I've been in a remote lodging for a while and he's starting to fade from my memory, thank God.

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is open to social actions. Will usually respond because he has nothing better to do at the moment, except when zailing.
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
charlottealyse
charlottealyse

5/22/2017
I've been trying to figure out if dreaded quality is bad or not. I've been googling but haven't come up with anything. I am pretty bad at googling though. Any help would be appreciated!

--
Charlottealyse
an irresistible, breathtaking, terrifying and lethal lady
an irresistible, breathtaking, midnight and sinister lady
an irresistible, breathtaking and perilous lady
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/charlottealyse
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

5/22/2017
It's a good stat. There are limited uses for it, but you won't have any negative affects for getting high Respectable, Bizarre, or Dreaded.
0 link
charlottealyse
charlottealyse

5/22/2017
Kaijyuu wrote:
It's a good stat. There are limited uses for it, but you won't have any negative affects for getting high Respectable, Bizarre, or Dreaded.

Thanks a bunch!

--
Charlottealyse
an irresistible, breathtaking, terrifying and lethal lady
an irresistible, breathtaking, midnight and sinister lady
an irresistible, breathtaking and perilous lady
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/charlottealyse
0 link
Tyrconnell
Tyrconnell

5/22/2017
As lodgings go, premises at the Bazaar are definitely very profitable (but at the risk of being fairly costly if you have low Persuasive). A room at the Royal Bethlehem is decent to grind scraps and becomes profitable to the tune of more than 2 echoes if you're a spirifer from the Fate-locked story A Trade in Souls. A rooftop shack is great as early lodgings, as it's fairly cheap and unlike many cheap lodgings has a card that'll give you 3 echoes in wine for succeeding on an Acquaintance: a Repentant Forger check but that will increase your Acquaintance if you fail.

If you're just getting started with heists you probably have 3 card lodgings, not a whole lot of Dreaded, and no intricate kifers. You can skip getting an escape route but I would go with at least 2 Inside Information, and 3 if you're trying to get to 7 Burglar's Progress to get Bazaar Permits.

That's not aggressively optimized, but it let me comfortably get through heists with comfortable victories and no emergency Ablution Solutions to stay out of prison. You're not guaranteed safety, but it's very likely
+1 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

5/22/2017
What are the ways to get Magnanimous above 10? I expect them all to be one-time or fate locked, but I'd still like to know.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

5/22/2017
Kaijyuu wrote:
What are the ways to get Magnanimous above 10? I expect them all to be one-time or fate locked, but I'd still like to know.

Only managed to test one Name story, but I guess all provide an increase beyond 10. Other than that all I can think of is Soul Trade's Shepherd card.

If anyone else is interested *looking around* and... found it: small quirk guide!

--
0 link
Edward Frye
Edward Frye

5/22/2017
Okay, one more question about urchin favours and weddings. Can I start the preparations for a wedding, and then get a bunch of favours, then cancel the wedding?

--
My profile, http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Edward~Frye
Edward Frye's Appearance http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9363-your-characters-appearances.aspx?Page=7
My alt http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ulysses~Beechworth
My Mr. Eaten profile http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Laurens~Haymore
Edward Frye is currently open to pretty much any social options except loitering.
0 link
Srebro
Srebro

5/23/2017
I thinking to go the end of the Intimate of Devils storyline as I find card clutter from it unbearable. Is there an option from being a shepherd of souls that allows to recover my soul easily?
0 link
Amalgamate
Amalgamate

5/23/2017
Recovering your soul is always difficult. You either pay Fate or wait to get really, really lucky in a bundle of oddities of the right vlaue.

Or you can just stay soulless. No big deal around here.

--
My profile is at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/amalgamate .

Social invitations of all kinds welcome!
0 link