Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Questions, Beginning 15/05/2017 Messages in this topic - RSS

Sir Frederick
Sir Frederick
Administrator

5/16/2017
Here's this week's thread for quick questions and answers!

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
0 link
Jamilah Sauvage G. Wolf
Jamilah Sauvage G. Wolf

5/16/2017
Rejoice! What is the connection between the Duchess and the Traitor Empress?

--

Jamilah
, a most fascinating Lady of the Neath who finds herself mingling with Society and aligning with Criminals. This Licentiate Extraordinaire would love to align with the Masters, given the chance.
Huarwar Ceiswyr, a Welshman and detective born to Seek. He can be a bit skittish, but never turns down a chocolate.

Open to most actions. Send me a calling card introducing yourself & your interests, or an invitation of some sort and we'll become delicious friends. Notability successfully spent on Shattering Force. Thanks everyone!

She wishes for nothing more than to be close to the Masters, for who else can unlock the Mysteries of the Neath?
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

5/16/2017
Jamilah Sauvage G. Wolf wrote:
Rejoice! What is the connection between the Duchess and the Traitor Empress?

Both reside in the Shuttered Palace and are women of great power and influence in the upper echelons of society. As you progress through various storylines, you eventually find [spoiler]
both sold their cities to save a loved one, and they paid the price for it. The Duchess is far more ancient than London itself.
[/spoiler]
edited by Azothi on 5/16/2017

--
Azoth I - Midnighter - Available Watchful Patron - Long History - Appearance

A Fading Memory

Celebrating one year in Fallen London, September 1895.
0 link
Cthonius
Cthonius

5/17/2017
I've hit the early 20s in Criminal Renown and just...the cp gain of Renown doesn't scale anymore? Getting to 40 is going to be a hell slog. Is there anything more to be done to aid this, or is the unlocked card to gain a free favor it?

--
Cthonius, gone North. Gone.

Oneiropompus, a Scarlet Saint, eager to help make your dreams realities. Accepting all social requests for now.
0 link
dov
dov

5/17/2017
Cthonius wrote:
I've hit the early 20s in Criminal Renown and just...the cp gain of Renown doesn't scale anymore? Getting to 40 is going to be a hell slog. Is there anything more to be done to aid this, or is the unlocked card to gain a free favor it?

You'll get 4 CP of Renown for every Favour, and since you'll have to submit 7 x Favours at a time, this will be 28 CP per conversion.

As for the card, it's good not simply as another source of Favours (there are already many cards which give Favours: Criminals). It's also a profitable way to cash in Favours (if you aren't collecting them).

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Chronos
Chronos

5/17/2017
Cthonius wrote:

The cp gain doesn't scale anymore. It is a slog, specially when you can fail the challenge (from lv 25 on for 240 shadowy). The card can give you 1 free favour o honey in exchange of 1 favour.

--
Please don't send me harmful social actions
main: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Chronos78

alt: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Chronos2
0 link
IgnatuStone
IgnatuStone

5/17/2017
Can someone at Failbetter please explain the logic behind the overgoat's price? We've all been puzzling over this for ages.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ignatus~Stone
0 link
Anchovies
Anchovies

5/17/2017
The "a private detective" card has a rather difficult option to investigate Mr Slowcake, which hints that the man is a fictional cover for a devil conspiracy. Is there any content, including in Fate-locked stories, which delves deeper into the existence of nature of Mr Slowcake? I don't want spoilers beyond whether more is learned about the man or myth, just looking for further avenues to pursue an in-game investigation.

--
Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God — but to create Him.
—Sir Arthur C Clarke

Lionel Anchovies. Most social actions welcome. Always open to some delicious roleplaying. Please no betrayals, photographer, or lethal sparring. My Time, the Healer arrives on Saturdays at 14:30 GMT
+1 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

5/17/2017
IgnatuStone wrote:
Can someone at Failbetter please explain the logic behind the overgoat's price? We've all been puzzling over this for ages.

I'm assuming it was just an arbitrarily large goal that it was assumed many people wouldn't bother getting too. Cider was the next step.
The goat is more about the prestige and the sense of making a big achievement than it is for utility, really.

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is on the slow boat, waiting to see if he can find out what death is. (I'm done with London for now. Thanks for everything!)
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

5/17/2017
Maybe their question was as to the nature of the price, not how high it is. The overgoat costs an oddly specific amount of echoes: 11712.80. Maybe it's someone on staff's phone number?
+2 link
æsc
æsc

5/17/2017
Is the timer supposed to be resetting to 20 minutes instead of 10 all of a sudden? I can't be completely sure since my page seldom refreshes properly, but it seems to have just started it a few minutes ago. Glitch? About to be announced? Something I just totally missed?

--
Dr Cecily Morgan
an inescapable, sagacious, irresistible and breathtaking lady.
Devoted Scholar of the Correspondance, Author, and Excellent Dancer.

No photographers please. Most socials, invitations and calling cards welcome. Happy to accept Guest of Honour invites to salons looking for Authors.
A Fallen Flower: IC Journal
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

5/18/2017
Visual glitch. You should be getting actions and cards at the same rate... just don't trust the timer.
+1 link
æsc
æsc

5/18/2017
Thanks! That's what I suspected, but thought I'd check.

Kaijyuu wrote:
Visual glitch. You should be getting actions and cards at the same rate... just don't trust the timer.

--
Dr Cecily Morgan
an inescapable, sagacious, irresistible and breathtaking lady.
Devoted Scholar of the Correspondance, Author, and Excellent Dancer.

No photographers please. Most socials, invitations and calling cards welcome. Happy to accept Guest of Honour invites to salons looking for Authors.
A Fallen Flower: IC Journal
0 link
DrMoriviri
DrMoriviri

5/18/2017
Quick question, I'm zailing, and my suspicion reached 8. Is there a way to lower that before going back to London? In the Iron Republic perhaps?
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

5/18/2017
Iron Republic for sure - your menaces will jump around while you are there and you can spend your days quality to reduce them when you reach the end as well.

--
ciel

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome though loitering might be inconvenient at times. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
+1 link
TheThirdPolice
TheThirdPolice

5/18/2017
I have about 4,000 of each type of expedition research, but I already have a bifurcated owl. Is there anything cool I can do with this, or with the sizeable pile of items this could turn into: Storm-Threnodies, Uncanny Incunabula, Collated Research, or Broken Giant wines?

--
Formerly dead, but I got better.

The Eternal Zailor, or The Loon who Zails in Zirkles
0 link
Edward Frye
Edward Frye

5/18/2017
Is there any way to get urchin favours without cards that you can do multiple times and you can do with 10 renown?

--
My profile, http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Edward~Frye
Edward Frye's Appearance http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9363-your-characters-appearances.aspx?Page=7
My alt http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ulysses~Beechworth
My Mr. Eaten profile http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Laurens~Haymore
Edward Frye is currently open to pretty much any social options except loitering.
0 link
Anchovies
Anchovies

5/18/2017
Edward Frye wrote:
Is there any way to get urchin favours without cards that you can do multiple times and you can do with 10 renown?
Have you tried getting married?

No, really. The little b_____ds are drawn to expensive cake like moths to flame. "The Wedding Guests" includes the option "a gaggle of urchins", which trades 5x Organizing a Wedding for an Urchins favor and a Hastily-Scrawled Warning Note.

The only other repeatable non-card options are Fate-based. Apparently the Empress's Shadow exceptional story contains a bit (Sinning Jenny's Finishing School) where urchin favors can be repeatedly acquired at one favor per 24 actions. If you have a Rookery Password, that opens an option to pay 5 Fate for an urchins favor.

I got the information here.

--
Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God — but to create Him.
—Sir Arthur C Clarke

Lionel Anchovies. Most social actions welcome. Always open to some delicious roleplaying. Please no betrayals, photographer, or lethal sparring. My Time, the Healer arrives on Saturdays at 14:30 GMT
0 link
Edward Frye
Edward Frye

5/18/2017
Anchovies wrote:
Edward Frye wrote:
Have you tried getting married?

No, really. The little b_____ds are drawn to expensive cake like moths to flame. "The Wedding Guests" includes the option "a gaggle of urchins", which trades 5x Organizing a Wedding for an Urchins favor and a Hastily-Scrawled Warning Note.

The only other repeatable non-card options are Fate-based. Apparently the Empress's Shadow exceptional story contains a bit (Sinning Jenny's Finishing School) where urchin favors can be repeatedly acquired at one favor per 24 actions. If you have a Rookery Password, that opens an option to pay 5 Fate for an urchins favor.

I got the information here.

Will the wedding option work when wedding NPCs?

--
My profile, http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Edward~Frye
Edward Frye's Appearance http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9363-your-characters-appearances.aspx?Page=7
My alt http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ulysses~Beechworth
My Mr. Eaten profile http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Laurens~Haymore
Edward Frye is currently open to pretty much any social options except loitering.
0 link
Shalinoth
Shalinoth

5/18/2017
Kaijyuu wrote:

Phew, thank you. I came here with the very same question.

--
Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
0 link