Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Off topic: The Surface

Discuss topics unrelated to our games here - as ever, be courteous and have fun!

Let's Talk About How the Jedi are Villains Messages in this topic - RSS

Drake Dynamo
Drake Dynamo

2 days ago
Alright, let's talk about how the Jedi are the real villains of Revenge of the Sith. First off, they are completely in the wrong when they go to arrest then-Chancellor Palpatine. Because when you think about it, they had no evidence that he had done anything wrong- the only thing they knew for sure was that he was a Sith. And technically, there's nothing illegal or wrong about being a Sith, other than that it goes against the Jedi ideology. So what effectively happened when Mace Windu went to arrest Palpatine was a group of religious fanatics, with no legal authority, tried to kidnap the democratically elected leader of the galaxy for holding different religious views from them. No one wonder no one objected to the cleansing of the Jedi Temple: it was a breeding ground for radicals. Furthermore, the Jedi were clear hypocrites. Their job was to keep the peace of the galaxy and not to intervene. Yet when a group of star systems sought to leave and form their own government (note, they were not annexing people, they merely wanted to leave, hence their name "the Confederacy of Independent Systems"), the Jedi decided it was appropriate to take command of entire armies and lead them into battle because they were fighting robots; as if the lack of living combatants made their blatant disregard of their creed acceptable. Just think about it from the perspective of a citizen of the CIS: here you have a government you want to leave sending in armies led by religious fanatics to oppress you. I would certainly be afraid of a government that did that. The Jedi's job was to be peacekeepers- they should have acted as mediators between the CIS and the Republic, but no, they decided to go to war, because one of the leaders of the CIS, Count Dooku, was also of the opposing religious philosophy. I'm sorry, but I can no longer stand by the labeling of the Sith and the CIS as the villains- the Jedi were the hypocrites and aggressors.

--
Drake Dynamo -Correspondent, Hesperidean Cider Drinker & Matchmaker
Emma Dynamo- Pulled from the past, ready to make a splash
The Antioch - The Coffee God (I do not check this account often)
Mr. Mauvais - A skulduggerous fellow, chopped up for the time being (Only active during seasonal events)

If you need to discuss RP matters, I can typically be found on the IRC in #Argo.
Interested in hunting the Shade with us? Check out our google doc!
+1 link
Ginneon Thursday
Ginneon Thursday

2 days ago
I don't know man. Sith have real evil-sounding names.

--
Ginneon Thursday, Boisterous Professor of Benthic
+4 link
Ysrthgrathe
Ysrthgrathe

1 days ago
Not only arrest. Mace Windu acutally says: "He's too dangerous to be kept alive!"
Very constitutional...

--
Ysrthgrathe, a Mucous Gentleman, Scarlet Saint and NOT an Imponderable of the Seraphinian Society
+1 link
Gillsing
Gillsing

1 days ago
"Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice."

Easy enough to deduce that the master ordered the apprentice to kill the Jedi in Episode 1. And thus when Palpatine turns out to be the other Sith, he becomes a suspect of conspiracy to commit murder.

And are we really sure it's not illegal to be a Sith? If I lived in the Star Wars universe, I'd probably want it to be illegal to use the dark side of the Force to create a galactic police state. Seems quite reasonable that Sith might have been outlawed in the old republic, and that a story for children didn't bother going into the legalities.
+1 link
suinicide
suinicide

1 days ago
Of course we only see the sith through the lens of the Jedi, a fanatical religious group above the law, bent on the extinction of the sith.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+2 link