Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Forgotten Quarter Expedition Advice Messages in this topic - RSS

Jack_Smythe
Jack_Smythe

3/20/2017
First time posting, hope I'm doign this right.

Finally going about the tomb of seven, and failed six checks in a row. I have 13 progress and 18 supplies. Unless my math is off, I'll be two short at best. Is there a way to get extra supplies or progress without fate or should I call it off? Danke

--
An inescapable, terrifying individual of indistinct gender. Gentleman by blood, some of it his, fond of ratting in the quiet dark of the Neath. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jack%20Smythe
0 link
The Master
The Master

3/20/2017
Jack_Smythe wrote:
First time posting, hope I'm doign this right.

Finally going about the tomb of seven, and failed six checks in a row. I have 13 progress and 18 supplies. Unless my math is off, I'll be two short at best. Is there a way to get extra supplies or progress without fate or should I call it off? Danke

You can't get supplies while you are on the expedition unless you use fate.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lolwolfking
A very ruthless and daring doctor of the neath.

No more gift exchanges, im getting too many and I can barely hold these.
He has knowledge of a certain enigma, ask, you will get a clue.
0 link
Jack_Smythe
Jack_Smythe

3/20/2017
Thank you! Figured. Any way to gain progress? A guide I saw mentioned something about 'airs' events sometimes giving progress, but I haven't seen it do that before.

--
An inescapable, terrifying individual of indistinct gender. Gentleman by blood, some of it his, fond of ratting in the quiet dark of the Neath. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jack%20Smythe
0 link
Jack_Smythe
Jack_Smythe

3/20/2017
...and by power of posting one such appeared. -_- In the clear now, which is good. Thanks again!

--
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

3/20/2017
The chance of the progress-granting Airs event appearing is 1/20 so be careful not to fail any more Watchful challenges! You could, if so inclined, use Sudden Insights for the rest of them and use the old trick of backing out if you fail the initial attempt. That way it'll cost double the Sudden Insights each attempt (until you succeed one) but you won't risk starting over.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
An Individual
An Individual

3/20/2017
To get specific, you can gain progress without supplies if you're lucky enough to run into A Sign? Unfortunately, it only appears for Airs values 96+ which is a 1/20 chance. Unless you're willing to spend Fate for more supplies (you'll get the chance when you're closer to running out) your best bet is to play it safe with the single progress option, try not to fail any more checks, and pray to the RNG for deliverance.

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

3/21/2017
Note that you also can't cheese A Sign? with the non-Expedition Airs options in the FQ. Those only randomize Airs from 1-95 now.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link