Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Affluent Photographer Request Page Messages in this topic - RSS

OctaviaCrowe
OctaviaCrowe

3/12/2017
There are threads to enlist other players in other social actions such as sparring outs and chess matches, but I don't believe I've seen a thread for Affluent Photographers.

So, if you are open to Affluent Photographer requests, or want to find someone who is, post here, stating whether you want requests or want to make one, and whether betrayals are permitted.

For example.

The Hellfaring Mystic would like Affluent Photographer requests, no betrayals please.

--
Ms. Octavia Crowe, the Hellfaring Mystic, keeper of the Books of Brass.
0 link
Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand

3/13/2017
Betrayals only, please.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ragnar%Degenhand
0 link
ThatScruffyGuy
ThatScruffyGuy

3/13/2017
I have the affluent photographer and I would request someones aid, if they are interested. I would rather not have betrayals.

--
I am open to all social actions
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/ThatScruffyGuy
0 link
Cryptix23
Cryptix23

3/15/2017
Any of mine are available to help, betrayals preferred.

--
Prone to occasionally disappear for weeks at a time.

Lady 23; the Magnanimous Midnighter, self-styled detective vigilante. Extraordinary Mind. Loves boxed cats.
The Aluminum Eagle; grumpy bandaged hobgoblin with entirely too many dogs. Shattering Force.
Threnody Lament; charmingly ruthless. No suspicious loitering.
Carrion Crow; Seeker of the Name. Cares little for safety or sanity.

All characters accepting calling cards and social actions except as noted. Follow their adventures here
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

3/15/2017
I don't mind helping people with the Affluent Photographer, and I don't mind betrayals (since I've never seen that text). This offer applies to both my main character and my alt (signatures below; the topmost one is my main).
edited by cathyr19355 on 3/15/2017

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

3/15/2017
I"m open for either."

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Dirae~Erinyes
0 link
SeveredJoke
SeveredJoke

3/15/2017
I'm part of this but have no idea what is happening. Is it a storylet or just social actions like sparring and chess?

--
Annabelle McAllister - Nemesis

Marlon JD - Bag a Legend

Suzi Bapsthwaite - Light Fingers

Delilah Moreo - Heart's Desire

Alexei Totkinder - Nemesis
0 link
Iona Dre'emt
Iona Dre'emt

3/15/2017
Only for my main. No betrayals, please.

--
POSI Main, Phiri Ulfur, genderless and mysterious. Their heart belongs to a Pirate Poet across the Zee.
Early-Game Alt Vermillion Liminate a semi-independent vigilante with often contrasting morals, seeking the Name.
Early-Game Alt #2,Lady Jacqueline Blackwood, a charming social butterfly who always hides her true motives.

I will accept any and all social actions on Fallen London(unless its a box of live rats. I already got rid of the d---ned things once and I'm not eager to repeat the endeavor.)
0 link
Aberrant Eremite
Aberrant Eremite

3/15/2017
It's a storylet that progresses through opportunity cards that function like social actions. That ... may not be as clear as I thought.

Basically, you get the opportunity card to investigate the Photographer. But you need another player's help to investigate. (Or sometimes you can pay scraps to do it on your own.) That part is like a social action - you send a request to another player. When you send the request, you can choose whether you'll really share the information with your partner, or whether you'll betray them and keep all the information for yourself. the recipient of the request, of course, doesn't know which you've chosen. If you're honest, both of you make progress in the case. As the case progresses, you have to decide whether to side with the Photographer or the Contrarian. At the end, you get a reward. The rewards from the two characters look different, but I think they have exactly the same stats.

The quest is infinitely repeatable, but once you've gotten each reward, there's really no point in repeating it, which is why so many players don't want to receive the requests anymore. If you're betrayed, I think you get to keep the messenger bat, which is at least a bit useful for characters who do a lot of Zee-research. Of course, it would be rude to betray a character unless the player agreed to it.

Drake has the rewards, but he needs bats, so I'll take betrayals for him. The Prelate hasn't finished the storyline, so he'll take shared invitations.

SeveredJoke wrote:
I'm part of this but have no idea what is happening. Is it a storylet or just social actions like sparring and chess?

--
Hieronymus Drake: Gentleman scholar, big-game hunter, scar-faced aristocrat. Remarkably sane, all things considered.
Tanith Wyrmwood: Bohemian socialite and scandalous author. Still talks like a newly arrived Longshanks, only now she has better clothes.
+1 link
ochrasy
ochrasy

3/17/2017
I have three different profiles (all on my forum signature), however, I'm not online enough to be able to flip cards too often (as it would be possible to just play between the three characters). if anyone wants to send me requests for this storyline, to any of the three characters, I would appreciate it. I cannot garantee I will get back to you soon, but I do get online at least twice a week smile

edit: I can't english
edited by ochrasy on 3/17/2017

--
Ochrasy. Monster-Hunter. Dangerous and Watchful, favors the Constables.
Robitaille. Persuasive and Shadowy, fond of the Devils.
Herr Horst. Seeker of Revenge.
Open to all social actions on all accounts. Preferably, send any MW-providing actions to Ochrasy.
0 link
Shirohako
Shirohako

4/18/2017
A note written in a spidery hand:

To Whom It May Concern,

As a newcomer to these depths, I find myself in need of assistance with an investigation involving the Affluent Photographer. This is an honest call for help with the understanding that this will be an honorable partnership of trust.

May your journeys be extraordinary.

Regards,
M. Cormanthyr

edited by Shirohako on 4/18/2017
edited by Shirohako on 4/19/2017

--
Miriel Cormanthyr: Just another new face who has slipped into the depths. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Miriel%20Cormanthyr
0 link
Jamilah Sauvage G. Wolf
Jamilah Sauvage G. Wolf

5/4/2017
Gladly accepting Affluent Photographer requests and will return the favor if you wish. Attach a message in that case. Honest calls or betrayals.

--

Jamilah
, a most fascinating Lady of the Neath who finds herself mingling with Society and aligning with Criminals. This Licentiate Extraordinaire would love to align with the Masters, given the chance.
Huarwar Ceiswyr, a Welshman and detective born to Seek. He can be a bit skittish, but never turns down a chocolate.

Open to most actions. Send me a calling card introducing yourself & your interests, or an invitation of some sort and we'll become delicious friends. Notability successfully spent on Shattering Force. Thanks everyone!

She wishes for nothing more than to be close to the Masters, for who else can unlock the Mysteries of the Neath?
0 link
Eachna
Eachna

7/4/2017
Gislin Dahl would like Affluent Photographer requests, both genuine offers and betrayals accepted.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Gislin%20Dahl

I'm interested in a wide range of social actions. I'll accept Affluent Photgrapher (legitimate and dupes), second chance actions (including Loitering), cat boxes, and anything that will give me Making Waves.
0 link
Skittlescat
Skittlescat

7/7/2017
I'd Affluent Photographer requests. The more the better. You can share or betray.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Skittlescat
0 link