Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

March's Exceptional Story: The Clay Man's Arm Messages in this topic - RSS

ochrasy
ochrasy

3/17/2017
ginnyjenny wrote:
the groups on the fringes of Fallen London rising up and demanding to be heard

I do know I will be listening the 'Do You Hear the People Sing' when I play the next one.

on another subject, thanks everyone who answered me re: the cat and the parlamentarian. I had completely neglected the 'Season of Stones' storylet, thinking it would just redirect me to the story hub. it was quite a nice surprise!

--
Ochrasy. Monster-Hunter. Dangerous and Watchful, favors the Constables.
Robitaille. Persuasive and Shadowy, fond of the Devils.
Herr Horst. Seeker of Revenge.
Open to all social actions on all accounts. Preferably, send any MW-providing actions to Ochrasy.
0 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

3/23/2017
Does anyone have an echo of speaking to the clay man who is speechless while searching the lab? It disappeared before I could access it.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jermion
0 link
Barse
Barse

3/29/2017
Reminder that this will become unavailable tomorrow, so if you're an Exceptional Friend and haven't started the story yet, you probably should!

--
The Scorched Sailor, Captain of The Reckoning Postponed.
+1 link
Shiner Jane
Shiner Jane

4/10/2017
This was a great story. I enjoyed my time spent. With all the descriptions of how brutal and over-the-top the Clay Arm was, I would have hoped it to be a Bizarre-Dreaded-Dangerous weapon. Maybe even a bonus to one of the BDR stats, instead of just a quality.

I'm still happy I did it, though.
edited by Shiner Jane on 4/10/2017

--
Shiner Jane - An Urchin, all grown up. She is far too pleasant to be a serial killer.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

4/24/2017
Managed to find some time to finish and enjoy this story and I must say that I really enjoyed it!
The young Comtessa, the Clay man with human hearts, the mystery about the Scholar which I haven't killed, the Lore about this faction! Just great! I am curious what happens if you keep the arm; can someone point me to that certain Echo? I read this thread, but no link posts to the one I'm looking. I can dig the last two months of people's Echoes, but don't want to end up finding a spoiler about another story.

Would be lovely if there will ever be a trip in Poly related to this ES! Big Grin Loved it!

--
Skinnyman is accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats (hunger!) and boxed cats. *Sorry, Duchess!*
No Dante, no suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some RP text!
Updated achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

4/24/2017
This thread probably shouldn't still be stickied.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
phryne
phryne

5/31/2017
Many people seem not to like this story very much, but I have to say my only real gripe with it was a lack of emotional responses to choose from for our characters upon waking up with a clay arm.
Like, I would've loved to spend some actions on panicking and general OMG-WTF-IS-HAPPENING-histrionics instead of going straight into cool detective mode. wink

--
a Scarlet Sainta Monster-Huntera Memory
Exceptional Stories poll results: 20162017
List of useful thingsFavours & Renown Guide
+1 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

6/1/2017
For myself, I disliked the mechanics at the beginning -- being flung into a fairly lengthy process all of a sudden and having to do a chunk of a story I preferred to do, and to complete, in my own time.
Having said that, I like the Clay Men as such, so I enjoyed finding out more about them, This was by no means my least favourite or indeed the most unappetising ES we've had in the last year.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
+1 link
Absintheuse
Absintheuse
Administrator

6/1/2017
This Exceptional Story is now available to purchase for Fate!
0 link
Lallinka
Lallinka

7/17/2017
Another very late post:

I liked the story! The lore about Clay men was very interesting, and I do kind of wish we would have found out more about the subject's resocialization among their peers.

I could not out of good conscience keep the clay arm, but I'm glad I had the option to. This was a very interesting story, well done smile

The only negative I found was the forced-entry in the beginning. As evidence by the time gap, I was planning to save my Stories for much, much later and I couldn't and that was a little upsetting. Other than that, it was great!

--
Lallinka is accepting any social interactions as soon as my actions allow it. No Loitering and no Photographer, please. Available for interviews about Nemesis and a Midnighter for Orphanages.

Ragish is accepting everything, including Loitering and Photographer. Available for interviews about Heart's Desire and a Crooked-cross for Salons.
+1 link