Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Jan ES: The Twelve-Fifteen from Moloch Street Messages in this topic - RSS

Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

12/29/2016

Moloch Street Station, where the soulless depart London. Board the train to Hell, intercept an infernal agent, and solve a murder in which all the suspects are already damned. All aboard!

The Twelve-Fifteen from Moloch Street is the second story in the Season of Skies, and was written by James Chew. The Season of Skies involves three linked stories wherein you investigate outlandish outbreaks of crime, in pursuit of a hitherto undetected criminal mastermind.

All players will be able to explore a web of conspiracies inside their studies. Exceptional Friends may, over the coming months, uncover a plot that could forever change London. Each month's story stands alone, but playing all three will unlock the season's bonus content.

Look for An Exceptional Story: An Infernal Interview to begin, available throughout London.

Editing and QA: Olivia Wood, Cash Decuir, and Chris Gardner.
Art by Paul Arendt.

EXCEPTIONAL FRIENDSHIP

In addition to a new, substantial, stand-alone story every month, Exceptional Friends enjoy:
  • Access to the House of Chimes: an exclusive private member's club on the Stolen River, packed with content
  • An expanded opportunity deck: of ten cards instead of six!
  • A second candle: Twice the actions! 40 at once!

Finishing all three stories in the Season of Skies will make you eligible for an additional opportunity, to follow.

If you want to keep an Exceptional Story beyond the month it’s for, you must complete the related storylet in your Study. This will save it for you to return to another time.

edited by h4nchan on 12/29/2016

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
+5 link
suinicide
suinicide

12/29/2016
The moloch station..doesn't seem to be in ladybones road.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+1 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

12/29/2016
suinicide wrote:
The moloch station..doesn't seem to be in ladybones road.

Fixed!

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
+3 link
Mr Sables
Mr Sables

12/29/2016
Absolutely adoring the art used throughout :')

It's positively beautiful; I also think this is my first time coming across this particular writer, but the writing style is so lovely and flows like poetry, it feels natural and really engrossing, and I adore that from a writer. I really hope to see more from this writer in future smile

I'll comment more on the story itself when done; will say for now it's a little confusing how to get the 'pipers' quality, so did miss out a little due to mechanics, but the story itself is interesting.

Feels like this is the story about Hell we've been waiting for; it's adding to lore, is very compelling, and is so far an enjoyable read/play.
+3 link
suinicide
suinicide

12/29/2016
I am very thankful for this story and everything I've seen so far.

--
+1 link
phryne
phryne

12/29/2016
Is this in any way related to the Sallow Spirifer/Blind Pianist story?

(... one can always hope) wink

--
"Expect little, and little will disappoint you. But day after day, I expect as little as I can, as little as I can bring myself to, and still I find myself disappointed."
+2 link
suinicide
suinicide

12/29/2016
Distantly, yes. Similar themes and such. But I haven't finished it yet.

--
+1 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

12/29/2016
Ulp!

As one of the Soulless myself, I'm really not sure getting on the train and heading in that direction is such a good idea. Never had a use for the thing, and don't miss it, but even so... I can get a return ticket, right?

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
+2 link
Omega8520
Omega8520

12/29/2016
BFW: Bug noted and caught. Thanks.
edited by babelfishwars on 12/29/2016

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Omega8520
A Correspondent of measure and restraint, not-withstanding a tendancy to rush into things.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Menacing%20Seeker
Northwards with Noman. At least they'll have company.
+1 link
Mr Sables
Mr Sables

12/29/2016
Very good story.

A little linear, but a very interesting story and with good closure.

[spoiler] Did anyone record what happens should you go into Hell? [/spoiler]

I vastly enjoyed this and it feels very memorable.

Definitely would highly rate.
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

12/29/2016
I have it echoed, robin.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/ShowMore/10614364/EventConclusion?contentKey=265415
edited by suinicide on 12/29/2016

--
0 link
Mr Sables
Mr Sables

12/29/2016
suinicide wrote:
I have it echoed, robin.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/ShowMore/10614364/EventConclusion?contentKey=265415

Thank you so much!

Kind of makes me wish I took that option, as it doesn't seem like anything bad happened, despite the warning . . . I was too worried about maybe losing my soul or something or the kind. Still, fascinating to read and great to know what may have happened smile

I do want to point out the typo on 'lovers', though; pretty sure the apostrophe should come after the 's' XD
edited by Robin Alexander on 12/29/2016
+1 link
suinicide
suinicide

12/29/2016
Robin Alexander wrote:
suinicide wrote:
I have it echoed, robin.

Thank you so much!

Kind of makes me wish I took that option, as it doesn't seem like anything bad happened, despite the warning . . . I was too worried about maybe losing my soul or something or the kind. Still, fascinating to read and great to know what may have happened smile

I do want to point out the typo on 'lovers', though; pretty sure the apostrophe should come after the 's' XD
edited by Robin Alexander on 12/29/2016

Oh, it does...things...to your stats. Very strange things.

--
+4 link
IHNIWTR
IHNIWTR

12/29/2016
BFW: Bug noted and caught. Thanks.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daniel%20Vaise
+1 link
babelfishwars
babelfishwars
Administrator

12/29/2016
Hello! The stats above cap is a glitch - please drop me a ticket: support@failbettergames.com and I'll get this resolved.

--
Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
+3 link
Ves
Ves

12/29/2016
Hi i cant find where the train is, i got off the train just to take care of a few things (this was after bribing the conductor so i dont know if that messed it up somehow?) before and now there is nothing to do with this story anywhere.
0 link
babelfishwars
babelfishwars
Administrator

12/29/2016
Ves wrote:
Hi i cant find where the train is, i got off the train just to take care of a few things (this was after bribing the conductor so i dont know if that messed it up somehow?) before and now there is nothing to do with this story anywhere.

Should now be fixed

--
Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
0 link
Barse
Barse

12/29/2016
That was fabulous! I'll use the spoiler tag liberally here because everyone should experience it blind (especially seeing as it is, for the most part, relatively linear).

[spoiler] It's great to finally see FL get deep into the classic detective story! That the characters were, by and large, detective story cliches (or at least reducible to a few words: the wife pushed to the brink, the embittered ex-colleague, etc.) didn't bother me in the slightest, their familiarity grounding the story in the uncertain territory between homage and parody (this time to Christie) that FL seems to occupy so well. The weaving in of the narrative hook with the main meat of the story was artfully done and the interactions of the two plots - the Lily and the Earl - made a lot of sense, which sounds like very faint praise but it's great to watch the stories get consistently better with regard to engaging the player and justifying why the player character is doing a lot of these things (i.e. here, even if you play your character as someone who doesn't give two hoots about the Earl's death, only through working out everyone's connections to him can you find your true target). I was thinking similar thoughts last month with the Persona Engine's exploration section as well, which has by far the most engaging exploration section I've encountered in the game both mechanically and narratively - I love seeing new things get tried and changed up in every story, watching the mechanics and frameworks, on the whole, slowly improving each time something new is tried. I hope some of the new and very cool ways in which FBG tell stories and structure things in recent ESs bleed out into any future free content! [/spoiler]

Oh, and Hell and its hinterlands! Finally a peek in the only direction we've never been able to go; Westwards. In the last few months I've been saying "This is one of my favourite ESs" a lot, and this month is no exception.

--
The Scorched Sailor, up for most social actions and RP. Not as scary as he looks.
+9 link
Prospero Rune
Prospero Rune

12/29/2016
Bravo! A most exquisite season so far. Thank you.

--
Prospero Rune.
Alice Tintin-An Extraordinary Mind.
Claude Frollo-A Shattering Force.
Drake Maijstral-An Invisible Eminence.

Aardent Lore (Gone North).

Surface business will draw us away from FL for an undetermined period of time. Forgive us if we cannot respond to social requests in a timely manner.
0 link
Cthonius
Cthonius

12/29/2016
Damn! I missed the chance to Descend! Anyone echoed it by chance?

--
Cthonius, gone North. Gone.

Oneiropompus, a Scarlet Saint, eager to help make your dreams realities. Accepting all social requests for now.
0 link
1234 ..8