Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Sea

A game of survival, trade and exploration in the universe of Fallen London

Why does everyone hate the New Sequence? Messages in this topic - RSS

Arthur Quietus
Arthur Quietus

8/26/2017
Change without progress sounds kind of nice. And pretty sure one of the benefits of the Dawn Machine is wind; at least, I may assume it is. And think how smoothly things will run!

I like the Dawn Machine precisely because I dislike the Anarchists and all they stand for; supporting the Dawn Machine and building a star in their own backyard seems like a pretty solid way of tweaking them. Soon all of them will be dancing to the New Sequence's tune, and if selling the entire Neath into servitude to a human-made mad, blind god for the purpose of annoying Liberationists is wrong, I don't want to be right.

I'm mostly joking, but I don't see it as too far distant a comparison actually. Taking the position of Devil's Advocate (heh), Anarchists are out there trying to get rid of all light and laws in the universe, (which, even if it works, is still stupid), despite the fact that a good deal of us would very much rather continue to have both of these! If they insist on continuing to try and enforce their "liberation" on the unwilling people of the Neath because 'they know better than us what is good for us', I don't see why the New Sequence shouldn't get a shot at trying to rewrite the rules themselves. At least the New Sequence is a lot more honest about trying to rewrite the world to their will; the Liberation has the audacity to claim it speaks for all of us (it doesn't speak for me least), while the Dawn Machine at least has the honesty to admit that it wants what it wants and not what you want.

Vote the Dawn Machine for a New Tomorrow! (Literally; without the sun there is by definition no "day" in the Neath, and thus, no "tomorrow" either. No faction in the Neath other than the New Sequence can claim to bring about any sort of tomorrow, let alone a new one!)
+3 link
A Dimness
A Dimness

8/26/2017
Arthur Quietus wrote:
Taking the position of Devil's Advocate (heh)

Ok. So you saw an argument where one side was the devil, and you were like "man, that guy could use an advocate."

--
A truth so strange it can only be lied into existence
0 link
Nanako
Nanako

29 days ago
Persionally, I'm a nationalist and british empire loyalist. I dislike any faction that opposes the admiralty. As i understand, the dawn machine and the people who work with it, are former members of the royal navy turned traitor, and hence oppose my interests

--
Looking forward to sunless skies!
0 link
Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook
Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook
Administrator

29 days ago
I'm sure they'd say they're not traitors but the truest patriots of all.

--
Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook, the Libertarian Esotericist. Reginald Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Ms Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
FrillyShirt, featuring Doctor Taupe-Wainscot, the Most Boring Man in Fallen London.
0 link
Scienceandponies
Scienceandponies

28 days ago
With teasers of Sunless Skies mentioning London employing a clockwork sun, it seems they might have finally gotten the Dawn Machine back under control (assuming they didn't just build a second one). Unless of course, the Dawn Machine is now pulling Victoria's strings, meaning its cosmic takeover is now underway. Could make for some interesting conflict with the Liberation that is presumably already knocking off stars.
0 link