Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

To Do What None Have Done Before- A Neathean Argo Messages in this topic - RSS

Drake Dynamo
Drake Dynamo

7/14/2016
OOC: We are no longer taking new expedition members. We are too close to the end. We apologize greatly, but it has been decided.

Drake Dynamo is a scholar of the correspondence and, in his study, enjoys researching the works of esoteric philosophers. Today, he has found something quite intriguing: it is widely known that the laws of the Judgements are weaker in the Neath, and one philosopher believes it would be possible to travel through time itself by abusing this weakness in the laws. Much would have to be done, and it would almost certainly be dangerous... But yes. It can be done.
"I can do it." Drake declares. But he'd need help. The best. Experts in their respective fields. And how else to get attention than put up flyers around the city? And so Drake does just that. The next day, plastered around the city are posters that read:
ATTENTION: Zailors, Fighters, Scholars WANTED!
Have you ever wanted to explore the distant reaches of the Unterzee?
Have you ever wanted to travel to the Mountain of Light and increase your vitality?
Have you ever wanted to visit the Iron Republic, and loosen the bonds that tie you to time?
Have you ever wanted to voyage to far Irem, and push the boundaries of time itself?
If so, SIGN UP FOR DRAKE DYNAMO'S GREAT VOYAGE OF FAME, FORTUNE AND ADVENTURE!*
Come meet Drake at the Wolfstack Docks!
*Fame and fortune not guaranteed

(OOC: This is an RP with a set end in mind, with major story events (Namely the Mountain of Light, Iron Republic, and Irem) planned in advance. The events at the ports of call and at zee will be largely random and spur of the moment. If you want to join in, London or any port of call are good times to do just that. Thanks!)
edited by Drake Dynamo on 7/14/2016
edited by Drake Dynamo on 9/11/2016

--
Drake Dynamo -Correspondent, Hesperidean Cider Drinker & Matchmaker
Emma Dynamo- Pulled from the past, ready to make a splash
The Antioch - The Coffee God (I do not check this account often)
Mr. Mauvais - A skulduggerous fellow, chopped up for the time being (Only active during seasonal events)

If you need to discuss RP matters, I can typically be found on the IRC in #Argo.
Interested in hunting the Shade with us? Check out our google doc!
+7 link
The Atumian Sputum
The Atumian Sputum

7/14/2016
Sketch has stirred from his ruin.
He remembers the Zee.
He remembers Frostfound.
He remembers the East.
The once-great dandy has seen many a thing in his time, and now its time to see them again.
Professor Sketch clads himself in what few clothes he hasn't sold and heads down to Wolfstack Docks.

--
Straight outta Dahut.
+3 link
Barse
Barse

7/14/2016
The Scorched Sailor has been to the Avid Horizon. He has been to the Mountain. His mind was twisted by the forces that drove him to these far reaches, and the memories lie dormant. There is enough left of them, however, for him to know that his is a past that should not have been, that should be changed utterly.

He has a boat. The Reckoning Postponed will take him anywhere he needs to go. Besides, he's never been to Irem. The Scorched Sailor bundles himself up in shirts, rags, scarves, culminating in a great overcoat, so that no skin is visible, and sets off through the London smog to Wolfstack.
edited by Barselaar on 9/4/2016

--
The Scorched Sailor, Captain of The Reckoning Postponed.
+3 link
TheThirdPolice
TheThirdPolice

7/14/2016
The Clay Man is white with salt crystals. Underwater currents have ripped holes in his body, erased his features, torn off most of an arm. It took him many weeks to walk back to London. It is not safe for him to remain. He walks beneath the pier and waits for nightfall, ready to climb aboard Drake's ship.

He knows his last captain is still out there. He still needs the map. And he is accustomed to long voyages.

--
The Eternal Zailor, or The Loon who Zails in Zirkles

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheThirdPolice
+5 link
Drake Dynamo
Drake Dynamo

7/14/2016
Drake greets the first two applicants to arrive.
"Hello there. I'm so glad you're willing to chance this expedition. So much could be accomplished if we are successful! You're probably wondering about wages- there won't be any. Well I should say your food and board will be provided for upon the boat for the duration of our voyage. Should we return successful you will each be rewarded with 1,000 echoes, or your choice of any single piece of loot we may take." Drake says amiably. He looks at the Scorched Sailor.
"And you say you've got a boat for us? Splendid. I think you shall be my official partner for this expedition- although, that won't mean much; we'll all share the credit in the end. Alright, let's just see if anymore show up, and we can be off."

--
Mr. Mauvais - A skulduggerous fellow, chopped up for the time being (Only active during seasonal events)

If you need to discuss RP matters, I can typically be found on the IRC in #Argo.
+1 link
The Atumian Sputum
The Atumian Sputum

7/14/2016
"Excuse me," Sketch speaks up, "I feel I should let you know - I do plan to stay for the majority of the journey. However, on the way back if we could make a small detour to Frostfound, I would be greatly appreciative. You won't have to wait for me - that's my drop-off point."
He pulls out a small checkbook from the recesses of his unusually dark clothing. He's not often seen in public without some form of dashing attire - even in his recent state he's managed to keep up his public appearance - but tonight appears to be an exception.
"If money is an issue, I can pay you for the detour," he says.

--
Straight outta Dahut.
+2 link
Drake Dynamo
Drake Dynamo

7/14/2016
"On the way back, we can most certainly leave you at Frostfound, Mr... Sketch, was it? I daresay it may be a while, but we'll make our very best time. I have a feeling this will be a most exciting journey!" Drake almost seems giddy at this last line. The normally stoic, if somewhat eccentric, mustachioed man seems to have taken on an almost childlike enthusiasm for this voyage.
Oh well, such is the nature of dreams of grandeur.

--

+1 link
Barse
Barse

7/14/2016
"Was never about the money," The Scorched Sailor says to Drake. "It's about the places themselves. I should warn you, the Reck is a bit of mess. You can use other ships, if you want, but I'm not going anywhere without her." He peers out of his clothes and taps out a rhythm on his thigh.
He turns his gaze to Professor Sketch. "I don't care about your cheques," he says, waving a hand at Drake to suggest he take it up with the expedition leader, "but if you're wanting me to take my ship close to that place, I might need to know why." He sighs. "That's a long way off yet, though."
He continues to tap out a rhythm, seven beats in quick succession then a pause, as the assembled party wait to see if anyone else will arrive.
edited by Barselaar on 7/14/2016

--
+1 link
The Atumian Sputum
The Atumian Sputum

7/14/2016
Sketch stares at The Scorched Sailor for a moment.
"Well, it's supposed to be beautiful, isn't it?" he improvises, unblinking, "And I've got a correspondent there I've talked to via letter for several years now. I figure it's about time to meet them."
He smiles.

--
Straight outta Dahut.
+2 link
Drake Dynamo
Drake Dynamo

7/14/2016
"While we wait, why don't we work on getting the Reck loaded up. No sense in waiting about to get packed." Drake says, trying to diffuse the tension. As the small group and some assorted zee-dogs begin packing the ship full of massive crates of supplies, Drake grabs the Scorched Sailor and pulls him to the side.
"Do you seek the Name? I do as well." Drake whispers, before rolling up a sleeve of his suit, displaying the weeping scars there.
"I have 3 candles. I seek to accomplish this before I go to... that isle." Drake confides.
edited by Drake Dynamo on 7/14/2016

--

+1 link
Barse
Barse

7/14/2016
The Scorched Sailor, still looking at Sketch with a frown, takes a moment to register Drake's question, and then bursts out in a coarse, asthmatic laugh. Clapping Drake on the shoulder, he leans into his ear. "Give up. There is nothing there worth knowing. There is nothing there worth seeing." Drake can feel his hand trembling on his shoulder, and the Sailor pulls up his sleeve sharply to show off his warped and burned skin. "Die on this journey instead, if you must." He tugs at his scarf for a moment, then stops, changing his mind.
"If you'll excuse me, I've got to make sure these clowns load up properly. A lot of these idiots are convinced the Reck is haunted." He strides off down the dock.

--
+3 link
suinicide
suinicide

7/15/2016
Suinicide arrives, flyer clenched in her hand. She has remembered the taste of secrets, stolen and shared, a desire that can override even obsession. Or perhaps they are only different flavors of the same addiction.
Weeping wounds peek out from beneath her clothes, obvious to any close inspection. Reminders that she asks for nothing that she would not ask of herself. Reminders that she does not need redemption.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+1 link
The Atumian Sputum
The Atumian Sputum

7/15/2016
The wax-hardened boots clap down on the planks of the deck.
A smirk tugs at Sketch's lips as he looks about the ship. There are few things that make him smile a genuine smile anymore, but nostalgia brings happiness to the hardest of hearts. Some of the most important events of his life happened on a ship, or at least thanks to one.
He inhales deeply and exhales slowly.
The dandy rubs his clean-shaven chin and chuckles. Maybe he'll even have time to grow a beard again. Now that would bring back memories.
Sketch walks across the planks, heading belowdeck to find a bed.
edited by Professor Sketch on 7/15/2016

--
Straight outta Dahut.
+2 link
Drake Dynamo
Drake Dynamo

7/15/2016
Drake walks along the top deck of the Reck, pleased to see all is coming along well. The boat is almost loaded and, in a few hours' time, they will be ready to cast off and take to the Unterzee. Already a score of nameless zailors has signed on to crew the ship. But it is the three that intrigue him- the Scorched Sailor, Professor Sketch, and Suinicide. All have something they are keeping close to them. And then there was that feeling he had earlier. A fourth presence aboard. Someone, but yet not someone.

It is no matter. The Reck would sail tomorrow and, with the outbound tide, the world would be on a course to be changed.

--

+1 link
Drake Dynamo
Drake Dynamo

7/15/2016
The gas lights come up- night is over. Time to take to the Zee. Drake and the Scorched Sailor fire up the great engines of the majestic pleasure yacht, now converted to a vessel of scientific exploration. The ship begins to creep out of the dock.
"Hard to port! Hard to port!" A One-Eyed Zailor calls out, and the appropriate turns are made. They're out on the Unterzee now.
Drake climbs out onto the deck to address the crew.
"Ladies, gents, zailors- it's on to Port Carnellian now. From there we'll zail along the coast of the Elder Continent to Adam's Way. Alright, get to socializing, this will be a long voyage, we might as well get friendly."

--

+1 link
Barse
Barse

7/15/2016
The Scorched Sailor wanders the hallways of his ship, making a note of the rooms his travelling companions have taken. He wonders about them; Drake Dynamo, with an unsettling obsession in his eyes, sending out flyers promising adventure. What did he hope to gain from this voyage? Professor Sketch, who, before they had even set off, already appeared to have an alternate destination in mind, flashing cheques around. How committed to this enterprise was he? Suincide is even more of a mystery, rushing aboard with a flyer just before preparations finished, blood seeping through her clothes from obvious wounds. She would need investigating. And something else - a feeling? - no.

The Scorched Sailor puts the unsettling feeling out of mind, shaking his head. He couldn't fall prey to the rumours of the dockhands, he knew there were no other presences on his ship. He finishes his musings, determined to keep a close eye on his travelling companions until he was sure each one could be trusted. He would not let any of them interfere with his need to dig up his lost memories, to regain control of his mind. He walks along the water-damaged hallways and up a rusted ladder to the main deck, remembering how it used to look in its party-hosting days.

He waits here for the others to surface. Their path, for now, was set and easy - or as easy as they get at zee. There was no harm in taking a break, in getting to know his shipmates.

(OOC: The Reckoning Postponed is a hulking, broken mess of a ship, but once upon a time it was a Pleasure Yacht - see linked story in my sig. It won't be comfortable, but it will have all of the amenities expected of such a vessel, albeit warped, damaged or broken.)

--
+1 link
The Atumian Sputum
The Atumian Sputum

7/15/2016
Sketch woke early.
His hands rest on the rusted railing of the ship, eyes resting on the water below. The zee seems calm now, lapping gently against the beaten hull of the yacht.
Aristippus.
That was he'd called it, anyway. The original name was Vagabond, though considering how old the tramp steamer had been, that name had probably only lasted two generations at most. Who knew what its original name had been?
The rake slips off one of the black gloves, pulling a stale piece of bread from his pocket and feeding it to the Polythreme fabric.
It didn't matter, though. The ship hadn't been his own, and neither had the map, but he'd been the last owner of either. He'd taken them both the farthest, and been the only holder of either to survive the journey.
But of course he was going to survive the journey.
There was a time when he could survive anything, and just to prove it, he did.
Sketch slipped the glove back on, and began to feed the left one.
One night on a ship, and already he was deep in memories. This was a new ship. A new captain. There was no point in sitting around reminiscing on the olden days.
He glances over at the dark figure of Dynamo, thinking on his fellow shipmates. He didn't care for them. He hardly cared for anyone anymore - even Edward was just a toy. But he knew how people could change out at zee. People went mad. People got hungry. People grew scared. He had to make sure he wasn't the one they jumped when supplies ran low.
Sketch slips the glove back on, dons a smile he saw on a fortune teller gypsy he once bedded, and strolls across the deck to Drake.

--
Straight outta Dahut.
+2 link
Drake Dynamo
Drake Dynamo

7/15/2016
"Hello there." Drake says, with a smile, to the approaching Professor. Just one day at zee has already appeared to ruin Drake's previously immaculate facial hair, with his mustache going in three different directions, and his pork-chop sideburns now uneven. This man does not travel well. Still he puts on a cheery atmosphere.
"Lovely out on the water, isn't it? So-" Drake is cut off by a wave that crests over the side of the boat and douses him in water. He sighs, his cheery attitude finally gone.
"What do you want, Sketch?"

--

+1 link
The Atumian Sputum
The Atumian Sputum

7/15/2016
Sketch leans against the railing, crossing his arms as he talks.
"Your posters mentioned several different destinations," he says, "But I was wondering - what exactly is the point of this journey? You said we're headed to Adam's Way. I've been there before. I passed through. When I left, my ship had a hull like the wing of a bee. This ship? I doubt it'd even survive it."

--
Straight outta Dahut.
+2 link
Drake Dynamo
Drake Dynamo

7/15/2016
Drake grins now, forgetting about his recent soaking.
"Well, to address your second point first, we'll have to look into acquiring alternate transportation up the river. I trust people of our considerable knowledge will have no trouble with that. As to your first question, I have been studying some... unconventional theories. How to travel through time by making use of the Neath's curiosities, and that realm known as Parabola."
Drake pauses to let this sink in.
"We'll first have to enhance our vitality at the Mountain by drinking of its Wound. This is so we can survive the next step. In the Iron Republic, we'll have the shifting laws of that place unstick us from our own histories- making the past an editable document. Finally, we'll sail to Irem. I plan to bargain with the rulers of that place to give us access to Parabola, and from within we will be able to enter our own pasts and change events. I don't know if this will work, as it is just a theory. But we'll try." Drake finished. On the horizon the dull glow of the Mountain is visible. Still a ways out though.
edited by Drake Dynamo on 7/15/2016

--

+1 link
1234 ..25