Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Seeking Mr Eaten's name Messages in this topic - RSS

vahalla
vahalla

3/30/2017
Can you make that choice regardless of what you do earlier in the story?
0 link
Alysian
Alysian

3/30/2017
vahalla wrote:
Can you make that choice regardless of what you do earlier in the story?

I believe so. I recently went through this storyline for the same reason.

--
Alysian, gone North, grieved, gone.

Alybye, A Midnighter available for children's parties. No appointment necessary.
0 link
UltimusLight
UltimusLight

3/30/2017
Just completed my journey into Seeking Mr Eaten's Name. Gotta say, loved it, and loved the ending I chose.

--
Samuel has finally gone NORTH. Rest in peace, Lord Blackwell III.
+3 link
Alysian
Alysian

4/6/2017
Alysian has gone North, and chose to grieve. A fitting end to a fitful life.

--

Alybye, A Midnighter available for children's parties. No appointment necessary.
+1 link
IgnatuStone
IgnatuStone

4/13/2017
I haven't visited this thread in a while, but If such a thing isn't already in force I think we should make it a policy to direct all future seekers towards the betray a friend option. I'm sure we would all prefer to send a several surprise packages to a new seeker rather then purchase another 400 echo cat. I've just reached the betrayal stage of seeking and the prospect of purchasing 7 midnight matriarchs is a daunting one. I'll probably wait and pave my way with the corpses of Nomen, but all those betrayals slipping through our fingers are lamentable.
edited by IgnatuStone on 4/13/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ignatus~Stone
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

4/13/2017
You could, of course, make a bunch of alts and delete them afterwards. Though that's not really in the spirit of things.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

4/13/2017
If you're waiting all the way for nomen to be around again, you'll have more than enough time to grind the 7 cats.
But I do think that it would be good for betrayals to be the entry point for SMEN. It's good for everyone

--
McGunn/Bsymstad Sporadically still around. Might respond if you send something.
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
Amalgamate
Amalgamate

4/14/2017
Yeah, when I played through SMEN I didn't involve other people, just made alts for everything that was supposed to require interactions.

My favorite way to enter SMEN was the very first one, a very particular dream at high levels of Death by Water. Was way more hidden back then.

--
My profile is at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/amalgamate .

Social invitations of all kinds welcome!
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

4/14/2017
Amalgamate wrote:
My favorite way to enter SMEN was the very first one, a very particular dream at high levels of Death by Water. Was way more hidden back then.

Ah, the card that my main character has accidentally started seeking from twice now. What do I expect to happen when I select an option that requires 0 SMEN?

--
0 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

4/14/2017
It is theoretically possible to gain every level of SMEN without visiting Winking Island. Just very very improbable.

It's something to do until the fall of the Sixth City!

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
0 link
Alysian
Alysian

4/14/2017
While the cats were a pain I found the enigmas they required to be the real sticking point for me. I was really kicking myself for selling a few early on in my character's journey. Fortunately I only needed to use cats for the last 3 rounds, but even that took longer for me than anything else. That said, I did get particularly unlucky with the RNG, so the average experience probably isn't quite so rough.

One of my betrayals was with my other character, but that was already a fully-fledged and pre-existing resident of the Neath rather than one created just for that purpose so I didn't feel bad for using them. I considered making a few more characters to speed it up but ultimately decided if I went that hard against the spirit of the experience it would ruin the atmosphere or tone or however you would describe it. I'm glad I didn't.
edited by Alysian on 4/14/2017

--

0 link
dov
dov

4/15/2017
Alysian wrote:
While the cats were a pain I found the enigmas they required to be the real sticking point for me. I was really kicking myself for selling a few early on in my character's journey.

Though at that point in Seeking the game gives you an easy and relatively cheap source of Searing Enigmas: you can gamble 77 x Appalling Secrets for a 20%-30% for an Enigma. Pretty good considering the other alternatives.

You just have to use this option when you're out of Enigmas, since there's a chance to lose one on failure, but that'sā€‹ not a concern if you're collecting and using them one at a time.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
earthbourn
earthbourn

4/20/2017
Is A Dream of Dark Waters unlocked at SMEN exactly 7, or at least 7? I've been at SMEN 8 for a bit and haven't seen it, and it just occurred to me that maybe I should have waited at 7 until I drew it.

EDIT: Nevermind! It just arrived.
edited by earthbourn on 4/20/2017

--
The Mechanist, L. - Found what she was looking for. Gone now.
Tenterhook - A sun-seared creature learning to be human.
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

4/20/2017
I believe that one's supposed to be drawn pretty frequently, too. Gotta love the RNG!

--
0 link
An Individual
An Individual

4/21/2017
Your friendly reminder that Winking Isle is a terrible, RNG induced hell. 3 times now I've been through that place. This mortal machine is very very tired of circling that @#$&! well.

Now I'm left wondering if I should enter the light house and lose no candle. Part of me very much wants to do it. But another part of me doesn't want to go through the whole notability grind thing to get it back. Especially now that I've sold all my belongings for cider and would have to start building up the resources to do it from scratch.
edited by An Individual on 4/21/2017

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
0 link
Clownie
Clownie

4/24/2017
Has anyone ever tried getting 77 Dramatic Tension on Hunter's Keep? The place makes me hungry.
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

4/24/2017
I don't think it has dramatic tension, it has fasting and meditating. And you need to get it to 77 to actually start the actual winking isle bit.
edited by suinicide on 4/24/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Clownie
Clownie

4/24/2017
[spoiler]Hunter%27s%20Keep%2C%20not%20Winking%20Isle.%20The%20place%20with%20the%20three%20ambiguously%20Greek%20sisters.%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EWhat%20makes%20me%20wonder%20is%20as%20follows%3A%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3E-It%20has%20a%20well.%3Cbr%3E-The%20well%20eats%20people.%3Cbr%3E-The%20well%20eats%20things%20that%20aren%27t%20people%2C%20too.%3Cbr%3E-Nobody%20really%20knows%20what%27s%20going%20on%20on%20Hunter%27s%20Keep%2C%20so%20we%27re%20missing%20SOMETHING.%3Cdiv%3E-When%20you%20get%20Dramatic%20Tension%2C%20you%20get%202%20CP%2C%20not%201%2C%20hinting%20that%20there%20is%20SOME%20reason%20to%20increase%20it%20past%201.%3Cbr%3E%3Cdiv%3E%3Cbr%3E%3C/div%3E%3Cdiv%3Eedit%3A%20added%20an%20item%20to%20the%20list.%20Also%2C%20my%20alt%20is%20currently%20on%20Hunter%27s%20Keep%2C%20and%20I%27m%20flirting%20with%20the%20idea%20of%20going%20all%20the%20way.%20Likely%2C%20I%20won%27t.%20Possibly%2C%20I%20could%2C%20because%20if%20nobody%20else%20will%2C%20it%20becomes%20my%20duty.%3C/div%3E%3C/div%3E[/spoiler]
edited by Clownie on 4/24/2017

Edit: Well! Something went terribly wrong with this post, but I'll leave it there for posterity. To rephrase, in human-friendly wording:

I'm referring to Hunter's Keep, not the Winking Isle; that place in the Southern Archipelago, with the ambiguously Greek sisters. Here's what got me thinking:

-It has a well.
-The well is central to the mysteries there. It has a great big Secret (capital S in the game!), and its storylet has an UP option.
-The well eats people. Also things that aren't people. Generally, the well eats.
-You get 2 CP, not 1, of Dramatic Tension when you finish the carousel, which hints that there might be something past level 1.
-Nobody really understands Hunter's Keep, so we're definitely missing a part of the puzzle.
edited by Clownie on 4/24/2017
edited by Sara Hysaro on 4/24/2017
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

4/24/2017
Oh wow, that was quite a misread on my part. Sorry about that.

From my sunless sea experience, it seems parabola is leaking into their water somehow, fingerkings and all. Which was Mr. Candle's domain. But no, I haven't heard of anyone going for DT 77 there.
edited by suinicide on 4/24/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

4/24/2017
Hmm. It's been a while since I've been to hunter's keep, and I'm not doing much otherwise....
edited by Pumpkinhead on 4/24/2017

--
0 link