Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Seeking Mr Eaten's name Messages in this topic - RSS

LouBlue
LouBlue

2/14/2019
All right! That character's gone.

I just got done with Seeking after a long, long detour. I picked the Salt question; could someone PM me with the others? I'd be much obliged.

Another question: Is there a reddit or something similar where people who've gone NORTH discuss it all? I know we're encouraged not to share here. Thanks!

--
My name is Joshua Temple. I first came to spy, I'll admit. I figured Fallen London was no harder than Canaan. But I stopped sending letters up some time ago. I'm a Londoner, and they can find other spies.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Joshua~Temple
+1 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

2/14/2019
Arcengal wrote:
Call me a fool, but why would you want to reset Renown? The only thing I can think of is favours at the carnival.

Mechanically, Renown gain past 15 is the best way to manipulate quirks. I don't have an immediate goal for those right now, but if I ever decided I wanted to max out certain ones, and raising Renown was not feasible anymore, it would be a huge, gigantic pain. I don't know if I'll ever actually want to do that, but getting to Beau's is easy with some patience, whereas after that option locks Renown becomes literally permanent and there's absolutely no way to change my mind afterwards.

Story-wise, I enjoy the idea of having all the tokens of highest recognition by the various factions while being totally unknown to them. As well as, in general, the concept of being an extremely late-game character with immeasurable wealth, unique artifacts from the edges of the world, and even achievements such as being Poet-Laureate or long-term well-loved Governor - and yet having no connections whatsoever.
Unfortunately, a few things require some renown/connected (such as 1882 wine in Ladybones, or more importantly the Masters suspicion bail to make sure I can keep my record clean if I ever mess up), and I probably won't be willing to give those up, so I might not achieve my goal of being absolutely unknown in London. But being tangentially known to a few factions is still better than being a modern historical figure to a dozen.

Skinnyman wrote:
Or you started Seeking before beefing up renown and you care about your lodgings. smile

I actually just gave up my lodgings to Beau this Christmas to get rid of the early-game cards, haha.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link
Flynneldariel
Flynneldariel

2/17/2019
So Theobald went North, could someone be so delicious and share with me the results of que Questions which are not who is salt ?

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/FlynnEldariel

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Theobald%20Gaafson
+1 link
LouBlue
LouBlue

2/19/2019
Flynneldariel wrote:
So Theobald went North, could someone be so delicious and share with me the results of que Questions which are not who is salt ?

I'm still looking for these too. I wonder if the ones who've been retired for a while might not come back here often...

--
My name is Joshua Temple. I first came to spy, I'll admit. I figured Fallen London was no harder than Canaan. But I stopped sending letters up some time ago. I'm a Londoner, and they can find other spies.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Joshua~Temple
0 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

2/19/2019
I know there's at least a few people who have experienced some or even all of the endings using alts, and are still quite active. (Don't look at me, I haven't gone even once yet.) Most people get an answer quite promptly.

--

0 link
Emain Ablach
Emain Ablach

2/19/2019
I do come back from time to time (ok, almost everyday). I'm ok to share the endings, feel free to ask me in pm. But if you do ask me, I'd like for you to show me proof that you've, at least once, finished SMEN.
edited by Emain Ablach on 2/19/2019

--
Went NORTH. Got salted. Never came back. We won't remember him.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Emain%20Ablach
0 link
Loulou
Loulou

2/19/2019
I've PM'd both LouBlue and Flynneldariel, and can also assist those who haven't received an answer yet. Feel free to PM me as well, though as our friend above me said, proof of completing SMEN would be nice.

--
Dr. Emmaline Anders, Open to most social actions, and accepting all calling cards.

Lieutenant Balzac Thibault, seldom seen in public and rarely (if ever) available for social actions.

Rest in love, Lady Ellia Stoneham, gone NORTH at last.

Open to PMs if you're looking for help with affairs 'enigmatic'.
0 link
Nirrti
Nirrti

3/18/2019
Gone NORTH, asked about Salt. Would greatly appreciate someone sharing the other endings with me... and an explanation as to what just happened.

Proof is on my profile: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Nirrti
edited by Nirrti on 3/18/2019
0 link
Arcengal
Arcengal

3/22/2019
So I'm playing through Where You and I Must Go, and I've got to say that the feeling of reading (almost) the exact same text as KING OF WAYS on my screen was incredibly eerie. Major props to FBG for that.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcengal
0 link
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick

3/24/2019
Is it possible to complete the storyline without going to Winking Isle?

--
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick- Riverside Regular, Newspaper Editor, Legendary Charisma.

Mr Netae- SEEKING MR EATEN'S NAME

Aaron Wimbleton- Private Detective. Some Medical Experience.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Aaron%20Wimbleton
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

3/24/2019
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick wrote:
Is it possible to complete the storyline without going to Winking Isle?
Yes. Will it be easier? Not in the slightest. Details below the spoiler.

[spoiler]

You can always raise SMEN through the Seeking Road by sacrificing Appalling Secrets, Mourning Candles, and/or Searing Enigmas. This is an extremely expensive task, especially towards the end. For instance, the final step from SMEN 76 to SMEN 77, if done by drowning secrets, would cost 5,852 Appalling Secrets (worth nearly 900 Echoes) to attempt, and the challenge would have a base difficulty of 1,520 Watchful. That means that the highest currently possible Watchful, including a Mood (Watchful 327) would only give a 12% chance of success, with the secrets lost either way. So this is fairly impractical for high levels, but it works well for an early push before the costs scale too high.

Some Exceptional Stories also have the potential to increase SMEN. "The Chimney Pot Wars", for instance, can increase SMEN by 1 in one ending. This, however, would demand a substantial investment of money, and it's fairly financially irresponsible.

Furthermore, depending on your definition of "going to Winking Isle", there's the option of the lighthouse, which is, in my opinion, the most reasonable choice if one tries to avoid fasting and meditating on Winking Isle. This essentially involves grinding out St Destin's Candle over and over again through Notability and then bringing it to the lighthouse. The challenge here is the gap between SMEN 29 and unlocking Destin at SMEN 35, which requires use of the aforementioned techniques.

[/spoiler]
edited by Azothi on 3/24/2019

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Hesperidean.
0 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

3/24/2019
To add, the first three candles before Destin's also give SMEN, so the challenge is rather between SMEN 29 and SMEN 32 (give or take one SMEN either way, it's been a while since I counted it exactly).

--

0 link
Tim_the_DM
Tim_the_DM

3/27/2019
I just finished the storyline and chose the "What is due?" ending. Would others who have dared to come this far be willing to share the other endings? I can share mine with anyone gracious enough to do so.
edited by Tim_the_DM on 3/27/2019

--
Mit timmadog - Gone NORTH
Elliot Atwood - Newcomer
0 link
Stefan Martin
Stefan Martin

4/1/2019
If anyone's planning to start Seeking the Name, i still need betrayals, so reach out to me soon.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Stefan%20Martin
0 link
Brass Lion
Brass Lion

4/15/2019
I've just finished Seeking. What a ride! I chose to grieve, and I PM'd Tim_the_DM and Nirrti.

--
Brass Lion - Gone NORTH - https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Brass%20Lion
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

4/26/2019
Two questions:

I'm going to be at 28 SMEN next week. I've obtained 0 candles (though I do have full scars, chains, and stains). How many points of SMEN do I get via candle acquisition/etc? Or in other words, how many points do need to get at winking isle?

Next, what's the best way to get making waves under winking isle restrictions? Most the 50 pence items are restricted. I'm already at 12 notability but need to maintain it until I can get St. Destin's. (Then again, I may not need to go to winking isle before st destin's if I can somehow get 7 SMEN, but I don't think I can without the super expensive seeking road options.)
edited by Kaijyuu on 4/26/2019

--
Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
0 link
NNNnobody
NNNnobody

4/26/2019
You generally get one point of Seeking per candle. However, you can get three points of Seeking for the last candle, if you take a certain choice when acquiring it. This choice has no further prerequisites or costs (well, at least not one in term of game mechanics), but story-wise, this is mostly done by people who want to end their character via Seeking. Furthermore, before you can get the last candle, you have to get through some storylets that give you two or three points of Seeking, depending on one answer, you may want to consult the wiki on that when you get there. That makes nine to twelve points of Seeking, meaning you need to get up to forty points via Fasting and Meditating on Winking Isle.

At last, you can always give up St. Destins Candle at Winking Isle for one point of Seeking (and another one when you re-acquire it) without the costs of Fasting and Meditating, should you find yourself lacking a point or two. I hope I didn't forget anything.

Edit: You can still get making waves by side-converting tier 3 items, you just have to convert them all to Brilliant Souls or Memories of Distant Shores when you go to WInking Isle.
edited by NNNnobody on 4/26/2019

--
......I'm shy.....
0 link
Kaijyuu
Kaijyuu

4/26/2019
Hrm, yes, thank you for the info. Most useful.

Story wise, I plan to keep my body (and conscience) as unsullied as possible, so I probably won't choose the +3 SMEN option for the last candle, hehe.

--
Be of good cheer. Our contacts have assured us that your sins are forgiven.
0 link
The Elfin Cannibal
The Elfin Cannibal

4/30/2019
I just want to know how long I'm apt to wait before someone can send me that damn Calling Card. Having every other requirement is a bitch to maintain LOL

--
DO you recall how the Hunger began?
I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
OUT past the High Wilderness and beyond
I fear I've gone Seeking, for of Him I'm fond.
--The Elfin Cannibal

Seven scars, seven chains, a soul too stained for Hell, and seven sainted candles burning at the well.

Gone to Grieve on the 17th day of the 7th month, 1897.
0 link
Tystefy
Tystefy

5/9/2019
Finally finished Seeking after about a two years.

I can finally min-max acquiring Notability, now...

--
Will sometimes return to post absurdity.
+1 link