Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Seeking Mr Eaten's name Messages in this topic - RSS

NNNnobody
NNNnobody
Posts: 40

11/24/2018
What a waste. You should have let someone betray you. It would have been a big help for a fellow seeker and you would have one point of seeking more now (I made the same mistake, by the way).

--
......I'm shy.....
-7 link
Fireballjim
Fireballjim
Posts: 7

11/26/2018
Sooo I finally did it, North, north, north....

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Nicholas%20de%20Castaigne


I chose to hate (what is due) would anyone else be kind enough to pm the other endings?


Thanks in advance!

--
Nicholas De Castaigne - General ne'er do well and truly awful poet
0 link
Vega
Vega
Posts: 125

12/6/2018
The Shifty Spectre is gone, gone to grieve what is forgotten. (I'd also love to read the other endings if someone could PM them too. Thank you.)

--
The Jaunty Mystic roams the streets of London, interviewing fellow citizens. Accepting all Acquaintances, social interactions and opportunities for casual in-game roleplay. Member of the Temple Club, happy to invite you for a visit anytime!

The Shifty Spectre has departed on the final voyage.
+1 link
Azothi
Azothi
Posts: 430

12/6/2018
Sent.

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Are you seeking a taste of the Cider? Send me a request in-game. Read an_ocelot's guide to find out how.
+1 link
Vega
Vega
Posts: 125

12/6/2018
Posting it here in case people didn't know... An Obsidian Well (forum thread here) is a memorial wall for all NORTH-departed Seekers. Feel free to add your name there. (I'm not the creator of the Tumblr, but it's still being updated!)

--
The Jaunty Mystic roams the streets of London, interviewing fellow citizens. Accepting all Acquaintances, social interactions and opportunities for casual in-game roleplay. Member of the Temple Club, happy to invite you for a visit anytime!

The Shifty Spectre has departed on the final voyage.
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer
Posts: 775

12/10/2018
Not sure whether this has been observed before but apparently Time the Healer finally gives up on you when you've been North for 100 weeks. Big Grin

How do I know?

This character of mine went North almost exactly two years ago. They had 10 x Irrigo when they did, meaning that every single TtH visit since gave 10 x Fleeting Recollections.

A few weeks ago, TtH stopped visiting. I first thought this was a bug, when I realized that they now have exactly 1000 x Fleeting Recollections.

Could some old-timey Seekers who went North before me log into their accounts and see when TtH dropped by last?

Maybe this is a bug. Or maybe FB finally deactivated TtH visits for accounts in a place they won't ever leave, and it was just coincidence that it happened when I had exactly 1000. Either way, I'd like to know Big Grin


Edit Corrected 1000 weeks to 100. It's not been that long yet :P
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 12/10/2018

--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.
+3 link
Azothi
Azothi
Posts: 430

12/11/2018
The 57th Time the Healer for my Seeker came a few days ago, so it's not something affecting everyone up NORTH, which supports the idea that there is a cut-off at 100 weeks.

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Are you seeking a taste of the Cider? Send me a request in-game. Read an_ocelot's guide to find out how.
0 link
Stefan Martin
Stefan Martin
Posts: 3

12/14/2018
If anyone needs to be betrayed, send me a message.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Stefan%20Martin
0 link
Nonomori
Nonomori
Posts: 7

12/19/2018
I recently went NORTH and finish SMEN after more than a year. I enjoyed it a lot. I asked about Salt.

Would anyone please PM me the other endings? I asked a few days ago in Discord, but no luck.

Thanks in advance!

--
Vahniel
+1 link
IgnatuStone
IgnatuStone
Posts: 206

1/6/2019
Hello, I've been seeking in the background for some time now. Following a Noman murder spree I've just obtained the first 3 candles. I've also got a calling card and I'm currently at SMEN 31. It looks like the only way to progress further is to spend an obscene amount of resources or travel to winking isle and give it all up. While I will go to winking isle one day I'd like to play just a bit longer. Can I still obtain st Destins candle with the Hallowmass option for less then 35 SMEN?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ignatus~Stone
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum
Posts: 3423

1/6/2019
It's possible to get St Destin's Candle at Hallowmas without SMEN 35, but that requires finding someone else with SMEN 35 (and without the candle) willing to send it to you.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Will trade Feast gifts for Cider! Or, you know, for Feast gifts. Just specify which you want.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Tyrconnell
Tyrconnell
Posts: 247

1/7/2019
Winking Isle is not a one-way trip that locks you out of the game. You can go, gain a few points of SMEN, come back, do things in London, return to Winking Isle, and continue to go back and forth.

The point of no return is embarking on an expedition to the North.

--
Tyrconnell, a gentleman and doctor of diverse interests and multifarious proclivities
+1 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer
Posts: 775

1/27/2019
Time has now begun visiting me again, beyond the Gate. Seems it was a bug after all!

Rupho Schartenhauer wrote:
Not sure whether this has been observed before but apparently Time the Healer finally gives up on you when you've been North for 100 weeks. Big Grin

How do I know?

This character of mine went North almost exactly two years ago. They had 10 x Irrigo when they did, meaning that every single TtH visit since gave 10 x Fleeting Recollections.

A few weeks ago, TtH stopped visiting. I first thought this was a bug, when I realized that they now have exactly 1000 x Fleeting Recollections.

Could some old-timey Seekers who went North before me log into their accounts and see when TtH dropped by last?

Maybe this is a bug. Or maybe FB finally deactivated TtH visits for accounts in a place they won't ever leave, and it was just coincidence that it happened when I had exactly 1000. Either way, I'd like to know Big Grin


--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.
0 link
Azothi
Azothi
Posts: 430

1/29/2019
It'd be interesting to know what triggers the reactivation of TTH for an account. I have a mothballed alt for Ambitions that no longer received TTH after a while of non-use. That being said, I've not touched my old character beyond the Gate in around a year and TTH is still going for them.

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Are you seeking a taste of the Cider? Send me a request in-game. Read an_ocelot's guide to find out how.
0 link
laskaris
laskaris
Posts: 62

1/31/2019
...I missed Seeking too much, so I started Seeking again on my main account. Though I plan on doing it Very Slowly this time.
+1 link
Phangos
Phangos
Posts: 7

1/31/2019
I've been seeking for a while, and taking a look at the guide on the wiki it seems i'll need to stain my soul.
However i've sold my soul, and without it you can't access the storylet to increase Stain on your Soul.
Is there a way to gain a stain without paying fate to recover my soul?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Ale1221
0 link
elderfleur
elderfleur
Posts: 57

1/31/2019
Phangos wrote:
I've been seeking for a while, and taking a look at the guide on the wiki it seems i'll need to stain my soul.
However i've sold my soul, and without it you can't access the storylet to increase Stain on your Soul.
Is there a way to gain a stain without paying fate to recover my soul?
There's a 0.1-0.5% chance to find your soul in most Bundles of Oddities. The first option on the "One's Public" card is the best option, although turning to piracy at Zee is all right if you can handle the suspicion. Anecdotally I've rediscovered my soul 5 times in 18 months, so the odds aren't fantastic, but certainly tenable over enough time.

--
—Elderfleur
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman
Posts: 1760

2/1/2019
elderfleur wrote:
Anecdotally I've rediscovered my soul 5 times in 18 months, so the odds aren't fantastic, but certainly tenable over enough time.
I'm not sure if you realize how lucky you were! :o Big Grin
Frigging big congratulations!

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Phangos
Phangos
Posts: 7

2/1/2019
elderfleur wrote:
Phangos wrote:
I've been seeking for a while, and taking a look at the guide on the wiki it seems i'll need to stain my soul.
However i've sold my soul, and without it you can't access the storylet to increase Stain on your Soul.
Is there a way to gain a stain without paying fate to recover my soul?
There's a 0.1-0.5% chance to find your soul in most Bundles of Oddities. The first option on the &quotOne's Public&quot card is the best option, although turning to piracy at Zee is all right if you can handle the suspicion. Anecdotally I've rediscovered my soul 5 times in 18 months, so the odds aren't fantastic, but certainly tenable over enough time.

thanks, i didn't know it was possible to be (almost) fate-locked out of SMEN... i guess i'll have to grind for recovering my soul too :/

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Ale1221
0 link
Maxie Stark
Maxie Stark
Posts: 20

2/3/2019
I'm starting on the SMEN quest even though I only have the one account. Is that a bad thing? XD

--
Profile link: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/SassmasterMaxie

Accepting most social actions!
0 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software