Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Seeking Mr Eaten's name Messages in this topic - RSS

suinicide
suinicide

17 days ago
FBG added the well lock to prevent people from raising SMEN that way.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
+3 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

17 days ago
suinicide wrote:

The Advocate of Illumination seems to offer 2 or 3 levels of SMEN so I can go for 5 Winking carousels and few 10k ones. Seems that I got it right.

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
Other actions are welcomed only if they are accompanied by some text!
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+1 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

7 days ago
A question just occured to me: do characters that have gone North still receive weekly Time the Healer emails, or does that get stopped?
I'm curious because on one hand, I'm not aware of anything else in the entire game that can stop or pause TtH, but on the other it would be rather weird to keep getting Earnests of Payment and the like despite being supposedly gone forever.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
+1 link
incerteza
incerteza

7 days ago
Dudebro Pyro wrote:
A question just occured to me: do characters that have gone North still receive weekly Time the Healer emails, or does that get stopped?
I'm curious because on one hand, I'm not aware of anything else in the entire game that can stop or pause TtH, but on the other it would be rather weird to keep getting Earnests of Payment and the like despite being supposedly gone forever.

We still get these emails; I'm not sure about the Earnests of Payment - lost the profession - but all the other stuff like menace reduction and "Free Evenings" is here. It's maybe weird, but also kinda sweet.

Another funny thing, letters are delivered even to to those gone North. Neath postmen are that cool.
edited by incerteza on 8/10/2018
+1 link
Barse
Barse

7 days ago
Also Parabolan Kittens! Those playful little tykes can be stopped by no one, and always find their way to those who need them.

--
The Scorched Sailor, up for most social actions and RP. Not as scary as he looks.
+1 link
kittyrambunctious
kittyrambunctious

7 days ago
Barse wrote:
Also Parabolan Kittens! Those playful little tykes can be stopped by no one, and always find their way to those who need them.

...now I'm imagining somebody in the NORTH, surrounded by a mountain of kittens. It is simultaneously adorable and disturbing.

--
Accepting all non-harmful social interactions. Have several betrayal-ready alts, which I am happy to rent out. Love/need catboxes and esp. Starveling kitties.

http://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kitty%20Rambunctious
+3 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

7 days ago
incerteza wrote:
Another funny thing, letters are delivered even to to those gone North. Neath postmen are that cool.

NO WORD LOST

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+8 link
Sanguinifex
Sanguinifex

4 days ago
I started a Seeking alt a couple weeks ago, but so far he hasn't actually started yet; as far as he knows, he's down there to get revenge for the death of his lover. (He will choose Grieve eventually, I think.) It would be interesting if someone betrayed him, perhaps convincing him that this is a research topic that could get him a fellowship at the University. It's just an obscure field of the Correspondence, right? (He'll think so. By the time he realizes otherwise, he won't care.) So, who's willing to do something awful to a wistful academic?

(Yes, he has more than enough Watchful for this. He could probably also just come upon something unfortunate while researching the Forgotten Quarter, which he has access to already, but I thought this would be more helpful to other Seekers. Social actions are also accepted, so I don't have to spam them from my main; just warn if they give menaces.)

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sanguinifex

Any non-harmful social actions except plant battles and affluent photographers!
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

4 days ago
Now this is becoming confusing so I'll look for advice here.
We have the Chapel of light which can be accessed via Zee (Approach the Isle) or Sleep option.
Approaching the Isle is a redirect from the Chapel of Lights which requires A Book of Crimson Prayer*.
Sleeping also requires the specific book.

The book can be obtained either on Winking (easy) or via A Confounding Absence which requires The Hollow Heart and Well quality.
Now, the Heart can be obtained via Seeking Road story while the Well quality requires a trip South.

From Southwards you can gain an extra SMEN point when moving to The Advocate of Illumination, while here you can accept the Soup and gain one more SMEN or refuse it for two points.

My conclusion is that this extra trip can net 2 or 3 SMEN points depending on preferences. Thing is I need 21 more SMEN points (from candle gain actions only) and I don't want to have to return to Winking (!!!) while finding myself with 74 or 75 points.

Is this correct or I got mixed up with all the redirects, requirements and qualities?

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

1 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:
Now this is becoming confusing so I'll look for advice here.
*big snip*
Let me rephrase me previous, easy to misunderstand, post:

1) If I choose to get A Book of Crimson Prayer from The Mountain -> The Advocate of Illumination will I get 1 SMEN -> 1 or 2 SMEN points (total of 2 or 3)?

EDIT:
2) What qualities are lost when coming back to London from North? PM or spoiler if it's too much; I'm just interested in the mechanical part.
edited by Skinnyman on 8/16/2018

--
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

1 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:
Let me rephrase me previous, easy to misunderstand, post:

1) If I choose to get A Book of Crimson Prayer from The Mountain -> The Advocate of Illumination will I get 1 SMEN -> 1 or 2 SMEN points (total of 2 or 3)?
Yes.

Skinnyman wrote:
EDIT:
2) What qualities are lost when coming back to London from North? PM or spoiler if it's too much; I'm just interested in the mechanical part.
You will lose lose your ship. This means all that grinding/Fate that went into the Majestic Pleasure Yacht will be eliminated. No qualities will be lost unless you opt to use a Bad End, which will be offered to you upon return.

--
Azoth I - Midnighter - Paramount Presence
A Fading Memory
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

1 days ago
If you happen to have the Cladery Heart, make sure it's not your active ship when you go NORTH. If it's in dock you can keep it safe and sound.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

1 days ago
Thank you both! Unfortunately, I wasn't around when the Heart was available.
1) If I refuse the Bad End when coming back, will it be available later on?
2) If I use it, will I be able to start Seeking again and pursue a part of it?
3) If I use it, will I be able to start Seeking, quit it and start it all over just to gain Freed from the Name.

Thanks again!

--
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

1 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:
1) If I refuse the Bad End when coming back, will it be available later on?
Yes. I still have mine.
Skinnyman wrote:
2) If I use it, will I be able to start Seeking again and pursue a part of it?
To the best of my understanding, you can stop Seeking and begin again, but you won't have access to the Seeking Road, because it locks with the Embarked on an Expedition to the North quality, which you must acquire to reach the Avid Horizon and, I believe, is not removed by a Bad End.

Skinnyman wrote:
3) If I use it, will I be able to start Seeking, quit it and start it all over just to gain Freed from the Name.
Consequently, I'm pretty sure you can do this, because the act of becoming Free of the Name is independent from the Seeking Road storylet.

--
A Fading Memory
+1 link
Daedalus_Falk
Daedalus_Falk

1 days ago
suinicide wrote:

I assume that this was directly because of the way Passionario used it to get 777 SMEN?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Daedalus_Falk

----

For I was hungry, and you gave me rats. I was thirsty, and you gave me rats. I was naked, and you gave me rats. The rodents were gathered together, the cats slept in the Sun’s blindness, and the rats rose like the Moon, in the light at the edge of the cheese.
0 link
Barse
Barse

1 days ago
And also because somewhere in there it was possible to inadvertently raise your "Well" quality, along with your SMEN, past the point where the Gate would even let you through it, which is... not desirable. So the changes were for the better :P

--
The Scorched Sailor, up for most social actions and RP. Not as scary as he looks.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

13 hours ago
Hard/boring part is over! Getting closer and closer...
But will I lose my Calling card?

--
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

12 hours ago
Skinnyman wrote:
Hard/boring part is over! Getting closer and closer...
But will I lose my Calling card?
No, but you'll be unable to access Winking Isle again.

--
A Fading Memory
+1 link
Arcengal
Arcengal

9 hours ago
Daedalus_Falk wrote:
suinicide wrote:

I assume that this was directly because of the way Passionario used it to get 777 SMEN?

Real talk: I am so glad that was an exploit and not that person Circling the Well forever and ever.
0 link