Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Seeking Mr Eaten's name Messages in this topic - RSS

The Lord Breakfast
The Lord Breakfast

10 days ago
Except I skipped right over the Handsome Townhouse, using some other three card lodgings before I got a Length Lease to Premises at the Bazaar. I didn't know the Salon or Orphanage even existed until I saw references to them on the forums and looked them up in the wiki, trying to find out if they were Ambition-based. I think I did some math wrong earlier, but 12 Notability ought to be possible without it, if difficult.

• edited by The Lord Breakfast on 1/12/2018

--
    The Lord Breakfast, Captain Bacon, The Ageless Pirate, Bane of Salad, The Thrice-Mad, Eater of Pelicans
  • 0 link
    Màiread
    Màiread

8 days ago
    Well, I finished Seeking. (Proof here -http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Desirée%20MacGregor - warning for spoilery echoes). Not what I'd call a satisfying experience, but there we are.

If anyone would be willing to share the other endings I'd appreciate it - I'd like to find out about the roads not taken, as it were.

ETA: request fulfilled! Many thanks.

ETA again: yeah, on reflection, I have a lot of things unresolved. If someone would be willing to chat over pm that would be great. Not that I’m even sure what to ask.

edited by Màiread on 1/14/2018
    edited by Màiread on 1/14/2018

--
    Màiread - Correspondent, composer, lover of cats. Can probably bake you a d__n fine cake.

Useful Links: Traveller's Friend (Progress Tracker & Notability Calculator) | phryne's Guide to Favours & Renown |

Peggy the Nowoman lived to see the Feast. Thank you for the memories, Snow Lady.

I'm happy to accept most social actions except for lethal sparring and loitering suspiciously. Please challenge my plant! Currently not accepting calling cards.
    +1 link
    Optimatum
    Optimatum

8 days ago
    I am, as always, available for questions via PM.

--
    Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
    0 link
    Melody Jade
    Melody Jade

7 days ago
    Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried and echoed the 77 Proscribed Materials option with the God's Editor?

--
    Melody Jade's profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Melody%20Jade
    0 link
    Optimatum
    Optimatum

7 days ago
    I can't find an echo, so here's the text straight from my own Deep Archives:

[spoiler]"Ask, and all may yet be well. Seek, and we may yet find. Knock: and listen for the echo."

The Arbiter motions you towards a door at the side of the room. Swags of cobweb half-hide it. Your candle-flame dances in the eyes of spiders. You rap three times on the age-seared wood.

The echo, when it comes, smashes you to the floor like the collapse of a great wave.[/spoiler]

Much less interesting than the correct answer, unfortunately.

--
    Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles or Affluent Photographer requests; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
    0 link
    Melody Jade
    Melody Jade

7 days ago
    Thank you!

--
    0 link
    Rostygold
    Rostygold

6 days ago
    Màiread wrote:
    Well, I finished Seeking. (Proof here -http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Desirée%20MacGregor - warning for spoilery echoes). Not what I'd call a satisfying experience, but there we are.

What...? It seems to me like your player character is now in some kind of office elsewhere.

A reference to the upcoming Sunless Skies, I suppose? I do know that Avid Horizon is one way to get to space.
    0 link
    PsychicNRG
    PsychicNRG

6 days ago
    Could someone PM me the Hate and Grief endings? I've finished with the Salt ending, but I'm very curious about the others.

--
    PsychicNRG. Gone North (spoilers on profile)
    An Unnamed Hunter. Came to the Neath seeking bigger and more dangerous game.
    0 link
    Rostygold
    Rostygold

5 days ago
    The phrase "TRAVELLER RETURNING" seemed familiar to me - then I recalled some RPG rulebooks by Fantasy Flight, specifically the Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader series. There is this bit about a Rogue Trader gone bonkers and who had gone on a quest to gain power over space and time - and actually succeeded. His return was often heralded by the statement "TRAVELLER RETURNING".

That said, that Rogue Trader's name is Erasmus Haarlock - an obvious play on Leiji Matsumoto's Captain Harlock, who has seen a hell lot of things in his travels.

Again, I really believe that the Salt ending is a glimpse of Sunless Skies.
    edited by Rostygold on 1/17/2018
    0 link
    Flynneldariel
    Flynneldariel

5 days ago
    I have seven weeping scars ! It is so well written, this mix of wanting more and not wanting to is just delicious ! well two weeks to go for the next step.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/FlynnEldariel
    0 link
    Rostygold
    Rostygold

5 days ago
    Flynneldariel wrote:
    I have seven weeping scars ! It is so well written, this mix of wanting more and not wanting to is just delicious ! well two weeks to go for the next step.

Hoard Skyglass Knives! And if you have the "An implausible penance" card, or access to the Fifth Circle of the Labyrinth of Tigers, you might want to offload your Criminals favours.
    0 link
    genesis
    genesis

4 days ago
    Is there an accepted consensus on how to recover from being burned by the sun? Ideally without social actions

ETA: Oh nevermind, for some reason I thought I recalled someone say it would remove all attributes but it doesn't
    edited by genesis on 1/19/2018

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/mikey_thinkin

Keeping track of incomplete content and loose ends in Fallen London
    0 link
    Melody Jade
    Melody Jade

1 hours ago
    Master Jade has gone NORTH and grieved. While it was a very fitting and satisfying end, I'll still love to see what the other endings are and will appreciate a PM about them.

--
    0 link