Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Seeking Mr Eaten's name Messages in this topic - RSS

Optimatum
Optimatum

13 days ago
I *think* NiteBrite used their Cerise to Light a Taper and got a new one, so would have been able to check.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Aardent Lore
Aardent Lore

4 days ago
I am making preparations to visit Winking Isle, but I'm not sure how to "Connected" society now that it has been reworked as Renown. Getting rid of favors is easy enough, but how to I reduce Renown?

--
Aardent Lore. Spouse. Watchful Alt. Dangerous Alt. Shadowy Alt.

Please send a calling card before requesting social actions.
+1 link
dov
dov

4 days ago
You only need to get rid of Favours. No need (and indeed there is no way) to reduce Renown.

Same for Favours: The Docks.

----
edited by dov on 8/12/2017

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+2 link
Aardent Lore
Aardent Lore

4 days ago
dov wrote:
You only need to get rid of Favours. No need (and indeed there is no way) to reduce Renown.

Same for Favours: The Docks.

----
edited by dov on 8/12/2017

Thank you for such a quick response. I was hoping for that answer. Now it's back to the Bazaar to sell of my treasures.

--

+1 link
Aardent Lore
Aardent Lore

3 days ago
This may sound silly, but I was wondering if it would be polite of me to snub acquaintances before going North. I don't want others to get stuck with me as a DEACTIVATEDCHARACTER.

--

+1 link
dov
dov

3 days ago
Aardent Lore wrote:
This may sound silly, but I was wondering if it would be polite of me to snub acquaintances before going North. I don't want others to get stuck with me as a DEACTIVATEDCHARACTER.

Your account won't be DEACTIVATED (i.e. it will still exist). You just won't be able to actually do anything (useful) in the game.

I've had to trim my acquaintance list recently, and I went to each one's profile and then snubbed those who have gone NORTH, without a problem.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+3 link
Aardent Lore
Aardent Lore

3 days ago
dov wrote:

I've had to trim my acquaintance list recently, and I went to each one's profile and then snubbed those who have gone NORTH, without a problem.

Once again, dear sir, you've quelled my concerns with your quick response. smile

--

+1 link
dov
dov

3 days ago
Aardent Lore wrote:
dov wrote:

Once again, dear sir, you've quelled my concerns with your quick response. smile

That said, it's not easy to know which of your acquaintances went NORTH (they don't all put the Wells quality as their scrapbook status).

If you have the actions to spare, sending a note (via any sort of social action) to let them know they can snub you would be more polite. After all, they might indeed prefer to keep you as an acquaintance if they aim for specific numbers.

--
+1 link
Tystefy
Tystefy

2 days ago
I'm wondering whether or not gaining St. Destin's Candle now removes all Renown: Society now.

Uhh... anyone want to find out?

--
I am the eyebrow dog, yes.
0 link
Robin Alexander
Robin Alexander

2 days ago
Tystefy wrote:
I'm wondering whether or not gaining St. Destin's Candle now removes all Renown: Society now.

Uhh... anyone want to find out?

I'll find out once I get the "Torment" Destiny.

I'd hoped the Zee Festival would start today, to finally get it, but - alas - it seems not . . . maybe next Monday? XD

--
Robin Alexander - Main
Benjamin Parker - Seeker (Alt)
Lucius Parker - Son of Benjamin Parker (Alt)

Open to all social actions.
0 link
Tystefy
Tystefy

2 days ago
Robin Alexander wrote:
I'll find out once I get the "Torment" Destiny.

I'd hoped the Zee Festival would start today, to finally get it, but - alas - it seems not . . . maybe next Monday? XD

I meant if one gets the candle using the Mr. Slowcakes method. Getting the Torment destiny is an alternative way to get the candle.

Also, I don't think you can get the candle during the Zee Festival... or at least that's what someone told me earlier in this thread.

--
-1 link
Robin Alexander
Robin Alexander

2 days ago
Tystefy wrote:

I meant if one gets the candle using the Mr. Slowcakes method. Getting the Torment destiny is an alternative way to get the candle.

Also, I don't think you can get the candle during the Zee Festival... or at least that's what someone told me earlier in this thread.

Huh, I wonder if anyone else can verify that?

I just went on the Wiki, and it seems that you can get the "Torment" destiny during the Zee Festival and Hallowmas? I also remember my main getting their destiny during the Zee Festival, and I remember it having all options . . . I forget which time of year one of my alts was given a limited selection, but I'm sure the Zee Festival has all destinies available?

If not, that would suck . . . I'm sitting on a bunch of Fate and my alt can't do anything else until he gets that destiny to get his candle. It'd just plain be frustrating to have to wait another few months for Hallowmas to get the destiny.

--
Robin Alexander - Main
Benjamin Parker - Seeker (Alt)
Lucius Parker - Son of Benjamin Parker (Alt)

Open to all social actions.
0 link
dov
dov

2 days ago
I believe that all destinies should be equally available during the Zee Festival / Hallowmas / Christmas.

Of course, someone will need to verify to be 100% sure.

--
+1 link
Tystefy
Tystefy

2 days ago
Is Torment permanent? Is it possible to replace it at the next holiday (or even the same holiday)?

Also, if anyone just happens to have one of those Calling Cards, I'd love to borrow it for a bit.

--
0 link
dov
dov

2 days ago
Tystefy wrote:
Is Torment permanent? Is it possible to replace it at the next holiday (or even the same holiday)?

Also, if anyone just happens to have one of those Calling Cards, I'd love to borrow it for a bit.

You can change it for Fate, like other destinies. But as far as I know you'll then lose St Destin's candle.

----
edited by dov on 8/15/2017

--
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

2 days ago
dov wrote:
You can change it for Fate, like other destinies. But as far as I know you'll then lose St Destin's candle.

You actually gain Destin's as an item when you get torment, right? Does changing your destiny specifically remove it? Otherwise I would assume you'd keep it.

--
McGunn/Bsymstad is open to social actions. Will usually respond because he has nothing better to do at the moment, except when zailing.
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now, like she always wanted.
0 link
dov
dov

2 days ago
Pumpkinhead wrote:
You actually gain Destin's as an item when you get torment, right? Does changing your destiny specifically remove it? Otherwise I would assume you'd keep it.

Yes, it's an item.

All I know is that at one point someone has tried this, and reported on the forum that they lost Destin after switching destines.

That was a long time ago, so who knows? It might have changed...

--
+2 link
Arandia
Arandia

16 hours ago
Tystefy wrote:

My alt Horace will need about one more week of Making Waves grinding, maybe a tad longer - then I'll be able to let you know ...

--
Arandia van Graeff, a crazy cat lady: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Arandia
Horace Glendower, a Seeker: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Horace%20Glendower

Looking for plant battles!
Always happy to partake in social actions. No loitering, please. Affluent Photographer: Only betrayals, please!
+2 link
phryne
phryne

13 hours ago
Yes, all Destinies are available during all three festivals. At least, they have been so far and I assume FB would communicate any change on that front beforehand.

All Destinies are "permanent" as long as you don't change them via Fate/lose them via SMEN. And yes, Torment is especially permanent as even sacrificing your Destiny in the Nadir for Erzulie's doesn't remove it and you'll be unable to ever change it afterwards due to Obscurity.

I've never heard of anyone losing Destin's for changing their Torment Destiny to something else. I can't actually *verify* that it doesn't happen but I think it would be especially cruel even for SMEN standards.

It's certainly possible that gaining Destin's via the Slowcake method now removes your Renown: Society. I'll be looking forward for verification on that front, either way.
edited by phryne on 8/16/2017

--
a Scarlet Sainta Monster-Huntera Memory
Exceptional Stories poll results: 20162017
List of useful thingsFavours & Renown Guide
+1 link
Clownie
Clownie

4 hours ago
Deranged Seeker has gone NORTH, opting to Hate. After the chat with Nicator, I would've changed my mind had I not been roleplaying, y'know, a deranged person.

Is there a place for the Cool Kids' Club to discuss the story? I have... questions.
0 link