Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Seeking Mr Eaten's name Messages in this topic - RSS

Optimatum
Optimatum

5/15/2017
You can become Closest To: Society and then break it off. If you only need to get rid of a small amount, you could go rat-catching in Watchmaker's Hill or do some Suspicious Loitering.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
laskaris
laskaris

5/15/2017
It's been a bit since I had to dump connections for Winking Isle, so I might be misremembering, but I think this is what I did:
If you're at or above ~32, cash in favors at the empress's court. Between 15-31, cash in favors at the shuttered palace. After that, go ratcatching to dump the rest.
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

5/15/2017
The KNIGHT OF FEASTS opportunity card has a fun little option ("Eat. Just eat.") to tank your Society connections, if you want something a little more Seeking-related.

--
Azoth I - Midnighter - Available Watchful Patron - Long History - Appearance

Daneri, the Nothingness of Everything: Old soul. Where are you going, old soul?

Celebrating one year in Fallen London, September 1895.
0 link
Nikita Nopants
Nikita Nopants

5/16/2017
Lat thing I did was to get rid of documents, gossip, and that kind of stuff. It just says I need Connected: Society at less than 7 to move on. Thanks for the hints. Even if I do see this through and this character dies, I'll make a new one. This game is interesting.
0 link
The Lord Breakfast
The Lord Breakfast

5/16/2017
Funnily enough, I'm not near Winking Isle, but my society connections are already at or near zero. Seeking really tends to tank the quality.

--
The Lord Breakfast, Captain Bacon, The Ageless Pirate, Bane of Salad, The Thrice-Mad, Eater of Pelicans
0 link
john sledge
john sledge

5/18/2017
Hi, you know how to get your soul back without FATE?
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

5/18/2017
Bundles of oddities. You need exactly 200. The option from "one's public" and, when you're at zee, "Raise the black flag" are the best options to find it.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
john sledge
john sledge

5/18/2017
Thank you. I will try to get it back...
0 link
LouBlue
LouBlue

5/23/2017
Ahhh. Just traded my Connected: Society 100 in, with the Bazaar Lodgings card. Now I'm getting close to 11 Notability and a step closer to the island. Just got to try and keep my C:S stat down while I grind echoes for another 6 months or so :P

I'm thinking about holding off on going after St E's until I see the updates the devs have promised, though. If there's really only one more update left in ambitions and they come out relatively soon, I'd hate to be locked out by obscurity. One more card game, and then I'll go NORTH...

--
My name is Joshua Temple. I first came to spy, I'll admit. I figured Fallen London was no harder than Canaan. But I stopped sending letters up some time ago. I'm a Londoner, and they can find other spies.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Joshua~Temple
0 link
Teaspoon
Teaspoon

5/30/2017
I came across this more or less by accident. Rather an...unusual take on Seeking, and written during the hiatus too.

http://www.philome.la/yt15anon/light-beneath-water/play

[spoiler]The Vake takes up Seeking. It makes more sense then it might.[/spoiler]

--
Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
+6 link
dov
dov

5/30/2017
Teaspoon wrote:
I came across this more or less by accident. Rather an...unusual take on Seeking, and written during the hiatus too.

http://www.philome.la/yt15anon/light-beneath-water/play

[spoiler]The Vake takes up Seeking. It makes more sense then it might.[/spoiler]

Wow. Just... wow.

That is amazing. If you'd told me that Alexis had written this I'd believe you.

Such a great story, in both content, and presentation.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Shalinoth
Shalinoth

5/31/2017
I'm at the Nightmare Carnival on another character, and I forget how to leave. Must we just go mad or die?

--
Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

5/31/2017
Menace states or talking to Mrs Plenty, yeah.

--

+1 link
Shalinoth
Shalinoth

5/31/2017
Thanks. In that case.. today is a good day to die!

--
Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
0 link
Malcolm Harris
Malcolm Harris

5/31/2017
Finally got all 7 scars, memories, and stains. What a turnaround!

A bit conflicted as to how to pursue St. Arthur's Candle, though. Is the truthbreaker turbine the best way to get the necessary Enigmas?

(Earlier message said that the option on the Seeking Road is better. Great to know!
edited by Malcolm Harris on 5/31/2017
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

5/31/2017
The Seeking Road option does have a chance to remove Enigmas you already have though, so be careful. (I'm also pretty sure the Fidgeting Writer is a better source of Enigmas than the Turbine.)

--

+1 link
An Individual
An Individual

5/31/2017
Malcolm Harris wrote:
Finally got all 7 scars, memories, and stains. What a turnaround!

A bit conflicted as to how to pursue St. Arthur's Candle, though. Is the truthbreaker turbine the best way to get the necessary Enigmas?

(Earlier message said that the option on the Seeking Road is better. Great to know!

Unless you already have all the materials and an extremely high Watchful the Turbine feels like a poor choice. I've gone through this a few times and I've always used either the Seeking Road option or the Fidgeting Writer.

The Seeking Road option can only give you one Enigma at a time but you only need one at a time for St. Arthur's so this isn't so bad. The probabilities involved can make it kind of annoying, especially when you have to start grinding the Appalling Secrets to fuel it, but over all this is probably the easiest option.

The Fidgeting Writer requires a bit more setup and has even more intensely frustrating RNG. But has the added benefit of also being a source for Night Whispers (you'll need one) and giving you a fair chunk of extra echoes when you break the Lens of Black Glass to get your Enigma which you can use to buy cats or other items required by the candle. You can also get more than one Enigma at a time without risking losing any which makes it useful for when (and if) you need a calling card.

--
An Individual's Profile
The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.
Goat Farming or Cider Brewing? This browser extension may help.
Want a Cider sip? Please refer to this guide before requesting.
Scholaring the Correspondence? A Brief Guide to Courier's Footprint.
Contemplating Oblivion? First Steps on the Seeking Road.
Gone NORTH? Opened the gate? Throw your character in a well.
+1 link
Malcolm Harris
Malcolm Harris

6/1/2017
Either way, looks like I'll be grinding a lot of Cryptic Clues! Thanks for the advice!
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

6/1/2017
Malcolm Harris wrote:
Either way, looks like I'll be grinding a lot of Cryptic Clues! Thanks for the advice!

If you've piled up Trade Secrets, you can turn each Trade Secret into a Searing Enigma at the cost of 10 actions. That may or may not be useful in your situation, but I thought I'd mention it.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
dov
dov

6/1/2017
Catherine Raymond wrote:
If you've piled up Trade Secrets, you can turn each Trade Secret into a Searing Enigma at the cost of 10 actions. That may or may not be useful in your situation, but I thought I'd mention it.

Absolutely.

Just note that you might need the Trading Secrets later on if you plan to sacrifice a Classical Short story.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link