Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Seeking Mr Eaten's name Messages in this topic - RSS

LouBlue
LouBlue

9 days ago
All right! That character's gone.

I just got done with Seeking after a long, long detour. I picked the Salt question; could someone PM me with the others? I'd be much obliged.

Another question: Is there a reddit or something similar where people who've gone NORTH discuss it all? I know we're encouraged not to share here. Thanks!

--
My name is Joshua Temple. I first came to spy, I'll admit. I figured Fallen London was no harder than Canaan. But I stopped sending letters up some time ago. I'm a Londoner, and they can find other spies.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Joshua~Temple
0 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

9 days ago
Arcengal wrote:
Call me a fool, but why would you want to reset Renown? The only thing I can think of is favours at the carnival.

Mechanically, Renown gain past 15 is the best way to manipulate quirks. I don't have an immediate goal for those right now, but if I ever decided I wanted to max out certain ones, and raising Renown was not feasible anymore, it would be a huge, gigantic pain. I don't know if I'll ever actually want to do that, but getting to Beau's is easy with some patience, whereas after that option locks Renown becomes literally permanent and there's absolutely no way to change my mind afterwards.

Story-wise, I enjoy the idea of having all the tokens of highest recognition by the various factions while being totally unknown to them. As well as, in general, the concept of being an extremely late-game character with immeasurable wealth, unique artifacts from the edges of the world, and even achievements such as being Poet-Laureate or long-term well-loved Governor - and yet having no connections whatsoever.
Unfortunately, a few things require some renown/connected (such as 1882 wine in Ladybones, or more importantly the Masters suspicion bail to make sure I can keep my record clean if I ever mess up), and I probably won't be willing to give those up, so I might not achieve my goal of being absolutely unknown in London. But being tangentially known to a few factions is still better than being a modern historical figure to a dozen.

Skinnyman wrote:
Or you started Seeking before beefing up renown and you care about your lodgings. smile

I actually just gave up my lodgings to Beau this Christmas to get rid of the early-game cards, haha.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link
Flynneldariel
Flynneldariel

6 days ago
So Theobald went North, could someone be so delicious and share with me the results of que Questions which are not who is salt ?

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/FlynnEldariel

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Theobald%20Gaafson
0 link
LouBlue
LouBlue

4 days ago
Flynneldariel wrote:
So Theobald went North, could someone be so delicious and share with me the results of que Questions which are not who is salt ?

I'm still looking for these too. I wonder if the ones who've been retired for a while might not come back here often...

--
My name is Joshua Temple. I first came to spy, I'll admit. I figured Fallen London was no harder than Canaan. But I stopped sending letters up some time ago. I'm a Londoner, and they can find other spies.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Joshua~Temple
0 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

4 days ago
I know there's at least a few people who have experienced some or even all of the endings using alts, and are still quite active. (Don't look at me, I haven't gone even once yet.) Most people get an answer quite promptly.

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link
Emain Ablach
Emain Ablach

4 days ago
I do come back from time to time (ok, almost everyday). I'm ok to share the endings, feel free to ask me in pm. But if you do ask me, I'd like for you to show me proof that you've, at least once, finished SMEN.
edited by Emain Ablach on 2/19/2019

--
Went NORTH. Got salted. Never came back. We won't remember him.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Emain%20Ablach
0 link
Loulou
Loulou

4 days ago
I've PM'd both LouBlue and Flynneldariel, and can also assist those who haven't received an answer yet. Feel free to PM me as well, though as our friend above me said, proof of completing SMEN would be nice.

--
Dr. Emmaline Anders, Open to most social actions, and accepting all calling cards.

Lieutenant Balzac Thibault, seldom seen in public and rarely (if ever) available for social actions.

Rest in love, Lady Ellia Stoneham, gone NORTH at last.

Open to PMs if you're looking for help with affairs 'enigmatic'.
0 link