Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Seeking Mr Eaten's name Messages in this topic - RSS

Clownie
Clownie

1 days ago
If I didn't write this code wrong, it'll take 1313 actions to get 77 DT on Hunter's Keep, assuming the amount of CP required to increase the level by 1 stops increasing at 50. Python code here, for the curious.

I'm only at SMEN 20, so I don't think I'll do this yet. I'll come back to it before going NORTH, should nobody else have by that time.
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

1 days ago
I might do it, although I'm 77.7% it won't do anything. (77%=100% when speaking of eaten, except when I tried to drown secrets *sob"*).

--
McGunn is open to social actions, although his plant isn’t fighting and he doesn’t really need to see the affluent photographer anymore.
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now. It’s what she always wanted. Follow your dreams, folks, and maybe you can be a *spoiler* too.
0 link
dov
dov

1 days ago
Clownie wrote:
If I didn't write this code wrong, it'll take 1313 actions to get 77 DT on Hunter's Keep.

The math:

To level 50: ((50 x 51) / 2) = 1275 CP
Levels 51 to 77: (50 x 27) = 1350 CP

Total: 2625 CP
Actions: 1312.5

HOWEVER:
1. You can only play this action which gives +2 CP to Dramatic Tension at the end of the Hunter's Keep carousel. So in fact you'll need 1313 *cycles*, not 1313 actions.

2. It's been years since I've been to HK myself, but according to the wiki the actions there *do* cap Dramatic Tension at 2. Of course, the wiki might not be 100% accurate.

I, too, don't believe for a moment this will lead to anything but a waste of time.

The well on Hunter's Keep is indeed strange. But this isn't really unique, since all Wells in the Fallen London universe are strange.

Remember: All shall be Well, and all manner of thing shall be Well...
edited by dov on 4/24/2017

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

1 days ago
dov wrote:
So in fact you'll need 1313 *cycles*, not 1313 actions.

Ha ha no never mind not doing that

--
McGunn is open to social actions, although his plant isn’t fighting and he doesn’t really need to see the affluent photographer anymore.
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now. It’s what she always wanted. Follow your dreams, folks, and maybe you can be a *spoiler* too.
0 link
laskaris
laskaris

1 days ago
There are limits to even our masochism. Winking Isle carousel of RNG hell is bad enough, nevermind 1313 cycles of Hunter's Keep.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

1 days ago
At least it's not random.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Clownie
Clownie

1 days ago
Oh, derp. Math isn't my strongest point, I just write the programs to do it for me. Clearly I don't do a good job of it. How many actions to a cycle? I think it's 30 for the first and 27 subsequently, yes? I'd say that more assertively, but I did just muck up a math problem.

edit: either way, that would add up to 35451 or 35454 actions, so the difference is trivial. At 108 actions/day (6 hours of actions wasted to account for sleep), we're looking at 328 days of mindless grinding. At least you'd come home with a lot of money. I'll try to get it to 7 to see if it caps, at least, but I don't think Alexis would've put an obscure year-long grind in the game either.
edited by Clownie on 4/24/2017
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

1 days ago
According to the wiki at least, the option to cash in DT resets it as well. Your year-long grind wouldn't end with 1313 actions of hoping for rare successes, it would end with a single decidedly-unprofitable action.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Clownie
Clownie

1 days ago
Well, it's 1 EPA (I think some Persuasive options might be 1.07? but my alt isn't that Persuasive), so it could be worse. But yeah, it's too far-fetched, having done the math. Still trying for 7, though; I'll find out whether it caps at 2 tomorrow.

edit: Fortunately, it does cap at 2. Unfortunately, the mystery of Hunter's Keep will remain unsolved.
edited by Clownie on 4/25/2017
0 link