Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Seeking Mr Eaten's name Messages in this topic - RSS

sophianyogu
sophianyogu

3 days ago
I've always assumed that Fortigan in general was some kind of reference to Vortigern, the 5th century British warlord? But I have no idea what the spelling difference might mean...

Optimatum wrote:
Fluby wrote:
Optimatum wrote:
Speaking of which, did we ever figure out the significance of Forthigan vs Fortigan?

Well, in Old Seeking, you had to go back and /forth-again/ to Winking Isle.

Not what I'm talking about.

"I kept meaning to say, btw. Fortigan/Forthigan isn't a typo: it's a clue" -Alexis, on Twitter

laskaris wrote:
So, my report in the name of Seeking science: you can't get Gawain out of order. I went all the way South, set my Question, etc, but when I got to the chapel, there was no option to attend the last service in the name of St. Gawain. So I assume you need Fortigan's to get Gawain's candle.

Just checked the wiki and Gawain's service at the Chapel does need Fortigan, just like every other service needs the candle for the one before. So all is working as intended.

--
POSI.
Seeking chess games in particular from users with Watchful > 150.
Profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/sophianyogu
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

3 days ago
That's the name origin, yeah. But what does it actually MEAN??? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman

PM me for hints enigmatic or fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+3 link
Stygota
Stygota

2 days ago
Optimatum wrote:
That's the name origin, yeah. But what does it actually MEAN??? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kind of a half answer - I think there a few other posts pondering the significance of Vortigern from back in the day - but...
This thread references this tweet with regards to the Fortigan/Forthigan spelling. I can't find at the moment what I'm looking for (if it exists), but I seem to remember one reason for the naming besides theme/motif in Seeking was to be punny. The drawn in/thrown out thing works with it as well on the dad-joke level. I mean, there's probably a much bigger connection - I can't remember all my lore from sources right now - but then again other lore things have been much, much simpler than appearances would leave one to believe.
edited by Stygota on 3/23/2017

--
A peculiarly hungry Hunter with a silver tongue: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Stygota
0 link
Neel Falas
Neel Falas

15 hours ago
Fledgling seeker here (SMEN 2 only). I've noticed something that seems odd: my UP keeps rising on its own. I had it at 2, then drew the TWO OF BATS and picked the non-committal option. This lowered my UP to 1...but then after Time the Healer dropped by, UP was back at 2. This has happened at least twice now. Is this normal? I've heard that TWO OF BATS isn't a particularly good card to raise SMEN, so I'd rather not have to deal with it any more than necessary.

--
Neel Falas: Former naval doctor, seeks to avenge her brother's murder, fascinated by the Bazaar.
Lethe Ames: PI, Vake-hunter, mystery seeker. Doomed to go North.
Ireni Lynd: Notoriously promiscuous heiress. Wants to find something money can't buy.
Myra Jones: Seasoned cat burglar, always looking for a bigger, better score.
0 link
suinicide
suinicide

15 hours ago
UP increases with time the healer. Go eat something!
edited by suinicide on 3/24/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/sunnytime
A gentleman seeking the liberation of knowledge, with a penchant for violence.
RIP suinicide, stuck in a well. Still has it under control.
0 link
Neel Falas
Neel Falas

15 hours ago
suinicide wrote:
UP increases with time the healer. Go eat something!
edited by suinicide on 3/24/2017

I...feel embarrassed that I did not know that. Thank you for rectifying my misguided notion!
edited by Neel Falas on 3/24/2017

--
Neel Falas: Former naval doctor, seeks to avenge her brother's murder, fascinated by the Bazaar.
Lethe Ames: PI, Vake-hunter, mystery seeker. Doomed to go North.
Ireni Lynd: Notoriously promiscuous heiress. Wants to find something money can't buy.
Myra Jones: Seasoned cat burglar, always looking for a bigger, better score.
0 link
splendentcarmine (Alodia Eschec)
splendentcarmine (Alodia Eschec)

12 hours ago
Alodia has gone NORTH and chose to grieve. I would love to learn about the Salt and Hate endings.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Alodia%20Eschec
0 link
Pumpkinhead
Pumpkinhead

11 hours ago
While we're on that topic, can someone send me the Hate ending? I never saw that one.

--
McGunn is open to social actions, although his plant isn’t fighting and he doesn’t really need to see the affluent photographer anymore.
Amanda Albright is a *spoiler* now. It’s what she always wanted. Follow your dreams, folks, and maybe you can be a *spoiler* too.
0 link